Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:57:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW SITE  (Read 67348 times)
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 10:41:03 am »

I don't know if it's something  I've done or what, but I can't log out of the Forum, regardless of whether or not I'm logged in to MCC and/or MCT. Not the end of the world but.. Also, I still haven't worked out how to go from Forum to main site.

Also. I see that, in common with your previous website the user does not get automatically logged out when the webpage is closed down, which is not what is commonly done (for security reasons, I guess).

GB
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 10:45:26 am »

I don't know if it's something  I've done or what, but I can't log out of the Forum, regardless of whether or not I'm logged in to MCC and/or MCT. Not the end of the world but.. Also, I still haven't worked out how to go from Forum to main site.

Yeah, known bug, due to the main site and the Forum being under different domain names now. We'll see if we can find a fix!

Also. I see that, in common with your previous website the user does not get automatically logged out when the webpage is closed down, which is not what is commonly done (for security reasons, I guess).

We'll see we what we can do!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 10:54:28 am »

Forum to main site is the link under your profile picture at the top.
Under New to this forum? is the link Click here to return to the main comic site.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 10:56:10 am »

Wow, there's no much code here I've forgotten what I've written:

If "remember me?" on login is unchecked (edited for accuracy), you'll be logged out when you close your browser. (Different browsers have different ideas about what "closing" the browser is: Closing the window or quitting the application.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:40:04 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 11:34:39 am »

If "remember me?" on login is checked, you'll be logged out when you close your browser. (Different browsers have different ideas about what "closing" the browser is: Closing the window or quitting the application.)

I think you mean unchecked! Interestingly, for your site and Firefox the application has to be quit, but for other applications closing the window is sufficient, which is what threw me. Go figure...

GB
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 11:38:29 am »

Forum to main site is the link under your profile picture at the top.
Under New to this forum? is the link Click here to return to the main comic site.

Thanks! It was just as fast clicking on the relevant browser bookmark but it seemed inelegant somehow

GB
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 12:34:57 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:42:53 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 01:26:38 pm »

Just for what it's worth, the link to "be sure to check out the introduction" at the top of the page is using the old form of forum address.

Thanks! Fixed.

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 05:22:08 pm »

I can't log out of the Forum, regardless of whether or not I'm logged in to MCC and/or MCT.

OK, we've fixed it so that if you log out of MCC, you also log out of the Forum. Currently, the "logout" button here on the Forum doesn't do anything; apologies for that!

macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 09:42:44 pm »

OK, we've fixed it so that if you log out of MCC, you also log out of the Forum. Currently, the "logout" button here on the Forum doesn't do anything; apologies for that!

Are you sure? I can't think of a way of checking directly but my 'total time logged in' counter increases even when I'm logged out of MCC!

GB
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 09:48:26 pm »

Are you sure? I can't think of a way of checking directly but my 'total time logged in' counter increases even when I'm logged out of MCC!

If you logged in using the Forum login, then the only way to log out is to manually delete any forum.mindcontrolcomics.com cookies out of your browser.

macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 10:01:44 pm »

If you logged in using the Forum login, then the only way to log out is to manually delete any forum.mindcontrolcomics.com cookies out of your browser.
I guess most people will go to the Forum via MCC...
I tried logging into the Forum directly and perversely that seems to have me logged out (and, perhaps not surprisingly, the LOGIN and LOGOUT buttons work) so perhaps that's an easier way to logout!

GB
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 12:56:16 pm »

I would really love to see a direct link to the login page on the main guard page. I *do* like the rotating images on that page, though. Smiley
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 01:01:54 pm »

I would really love to see a direct link to the login page on the main guard page. I *do* like the rotating images on that page, though. Smiley

Do you do anonymous browsing, by any chance? You shouldn't be seeing the age page that often…

Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »

I see the age page and have to log in every time I come to the site.

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: