Mind Control Comics Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:19:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #886: “Supernumerary”  (Read 2796 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 19, 2019, 12:01:44 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 06:47:42 am »

I'm going with a raccoon stuff toy
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 06:55:54 am »

It won't be too surprising if Amaltheia gets invited around to Astrid's place later this evening, I suppose. If there is a plot point here (and I appreciate that's generally not the point of a splash page) then it's that Amaltheia may be being pulled early into team Astrid, ahead of the party that's starting to feel like a permanent feature of the horizon. In that case the point of Amaltheia's earlier encounter with Hitomi at the swimming pool was not that Hitomi invited her to the party but rather that they know each other well enough for what is happening now to happen. (Although I didn't get the impression that the pre-Astrid Hitomi was the sort of person who'd be on Amaltheia's booty call list. And it does seem that Amaltheia only just returned to town last night, so how accustomed would she be to post-Astrid Hitomi?)

Anyway, this horniness thing (in the story) is still bothering me...

Hitomi doesn't know that the thing that was making people horny isn't making them horny anymore, because if Caitlyn is feeling horny all the time (682) then presumably Hitomi is too, so she assumes it's still happening. That would explain why Hitomi said in 881 that she had been wondering if Amaltheia would be asking for what is happening now (i.e. upon her return to town). But Amaltheia is actually feeling horny because Miriam made her so through something that happened at the fish shop.

Is that vaguely right? I feel like a fool for trying to make sense of this, but there has to be some kind of sense to it.

So the bell tower (?) made Miriam too horny to sleep and that led to her hooking up with Réka and Weston. And that led to her being uncorked. Much ensued from there - not least Miriam developing magic fingers, with which she seems to be getting a bit too free and easy.

So now Miriam has made Amaltheia too horny to do her work and that has brought her to Hitomi and Caitlyn. The only problem at this point is that we don't really know who Amaltheia is, but perhaps that will become clear as part of what ensues.
caseyx
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:14:33 pm »

You make a few good points there. But Amalthea was a huge slut prior to any Bell tower or Miriam induced effects (see 742 and guest 30). We can assume that Hitomi was aware of this rep. After the flirty banter in 754 it's not so unreasonable that she would be hoping that Amalthea would try to act on it.

Besides, it's been over six years since Hitomi was an innocent virgin.  Grin
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 08:02:28 pm »

There's an empty dialog bubble in the lower right.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 09:42:16 am »

Oh no there isn't - try hovering your mouse over it...

GB
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 10:29:27 am »

Oh no there isn't - try hovering your mouse over it...

That's just the usual mouseover text.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 12:47:08 pm »

But Amalthea was a huge slut prior to any Bell tower or Miriam induced effects (see 742 and guest 30).

There's a difference between being a slut and being horny though. Frankly, if Amaltheia's current state has nothing to do with the visit to the fish shop then we'd better check to see if that shop sells sharks, because that would render that little interlude more bizarre and illogical than anything we've seen in The Cloud. (And yes, less than a week is a long time in SJI.)

I naturally assumed at first that Caitlyn's bottom was trying to say something. But then I realized that it's Amaltheia being speechless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: