Mind Control Comics Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:34:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 585: Whiteout Conditions  (Read 18001 times)
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 03:24:21 pm »

I don't see where anyone Sent Hitomi to do anything.

The page is 537.

I got the sense that she was scouting to blow in Cait's ear and recruit her for Coates' group of playmates.

Hitomi spent last night blowing into Caitlyn's other orifices. But she has been asking Caitlyn to introduce her to Adrian since 433. And Caitlyn has been very relaxed about that, and very happy to do it. That, surely, is what all the blowing is about.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 04:23:02 pm »

I'll agree, another subplot opened up at 537. That one is new compared to Hitomi and Caitlyn.

Hitomi gets overheated due to the "machine" in 144. She almost decides to jump Caitlyn 150. That, as near as I can tell, is 6 days ago.

On the following day, She dresses up and hooks up with Imani and Coates. (178, 179, 182 and 183)

Two days later, after what I would assume were multiple hook up sessions, she wakes up with Imani and Coates when Astrid walks in. (309) Astrid seems like the Dom of the group though it's hard to tell since that is the only time she is on stage. At the end of that day, Erin announces to Caitlyn that she's the "Cheer Leader" until another one is brought in. (416) My feeling is that bringing in another is a Erin/Caitlyn subplot too.

The following day, which is yesterday, things really heat up with Hitomi. She's in 430, 433, 436, 441, 442, 443, 446, 475 and 480. Cheer leader practice, the showers, and then in their room. In this last frame, she did say she learned all sorts of things from Coates and Imani. We assume that it has to do with sex. It could have to do with something else.

Today, they wake up in the morning and Hitomi wants to meet with Adrian. (This isn't the first time for that request.) (524, 525) Then we have the conversation with Imani at cheer leader practice. (537) Followed by "the date" with Adrian. (555, 561, 567, 578 and 581) When the story continues this week, we will probably see a new page from "the dates" point of view.

So we know she's been asking since after the two days with Imani and Coates but after she already had the hots for Caitlyn.

Daphne has been spinning this subplot for over 3 years, possibly over 4 years. This night might continue for 3-6 months. After all, we are into some pretty serious mind control stuff right now and things are still very much in play.

I think we have quite a way still to go in the overall story line since Sue hasn't been brought into the action yet. The next time we are likely to see her is at Adrian's audition. She's only been seen twice other than the page to identify people. (10, 487) She was around before Raven and Hitomi and some of the girls that are in the Harem. I think the plot is driving toward having her involved in some way also. I would think that will happen in the next few days in the story.  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:26:59 pm by Tony » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 06:03:07 pm »

I believe Sue also made a jokey appearance in 311.

It didn't seem all that important at the time, but we see Caitlyn showing off Adrian to the rest of the mantis squad in 79.

It's worth flagging up again that it was Erin (in conjunction with Adrian) who accidentally turned on (or up) the bell tower equipment. And it's Erin who has accidentally flipped Adrian tonight, just when Hitomi's there with him. That's pretty neat considering how many years it's taken us (and Hitomi) to travel from one point to the other.

It appeared that the bell tower equipment was instrumental in bringing Adrian's parents together. They were roommates, as the result of an apparent mix-up. I don't know whether it's significant that Caitlyn and Hitomi are also roommates. Hayley was the other identified victim of the bell tower. She felt lust for twin sister Amy, with whom she shares an apartment.

Raising another old hanging question, something key seems to happen with Hitomi - or more likely Caitlyn - in 436. I mean, a red circle around something often suggests it's important; and the red circle there takes up pretty much the whole page. Does wearing the mantis head instill a sense of trust between the squad members? (As well as making their breasts expand, obviously.) Is that what's going on there?

Astrid seems like the Dom of the group though it's hard to tell since that is the only time she is on stage.

There isn't much to go on, but I don't think anything but sex had happened to Hitomi until Astrid came home. And it's a 'she' that Imani refers to in 446.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 11:37:52 am »

Days go Very very very slow in this comics, One day maybe up to fifty page
Mine thinking
point SJI- 006 to SJI- 078 is One day
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:54:00 am by laguna85 » Logged
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 12:32:43 pm »

point SJI- 006 to SJI- 078 is One day

I've done some work on this so I'll add the information here too. I'm not including any of the guest artist work since there were meant to be out of time sequence.

E001-E079. This was several weeks, only because we celebrated Christmas and New Years in real time with the comic.

For the remainder, as near as I can tell, each is a day. I consider days starting when they get up rather than midnight since they seem to be up past midnight on most nights. Smiley

E079-E112, E113-E144, E145-E168, E169-E227, E228-E307, E308-E416, E417-E517, E518-E585.

The current episode is 585 and we aren't nearly finished with this night yet. As you can see, the current day is at 68 pages and the longest day in terms of episodes was 109. That was two days ago. The shorted day, not counting the Night of the Watch, was 24 Episodes and that was 7 days ago.

For completeness sake, I have these journaled in 6 volumes at this point. Volume 1 has been put out by Daphne as the Night of the Watch.

Vol 2 - E079-E168 ( 3 days )
Vol 3 - E169-E307 ( 2 days )
Vol 4 - E308-E416 ( 1 Day )
Vol 5 - E417-E517 ( 1 Day )
Vol 6 - E518-E585+ ( 1 day)

I have the guest pages in their own volume.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:24:46 am by Tony » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 08:00:35 pm »

I've done my own version of the timeline as well, and I divided it a little differently at a couple of margins, but there's generally room for debate.  I do think you missed a new day boundary at #145, though, so I have one more day in my timeline than you do in yours.

FWIW, based on Raven's going to the infirmary coupled with the calendar in #79, I think that the day from #113-144 is Thursday, January 12th.  That means the current day is Wednesday, January 18th.

There are some inconsistencies that I can't see how to resolve.  For example, in #62 Adrian says Zenon is on vacation for a week.  He's still on vacation in #79, but he's back in #97.  Amy's hairstyle has also changed between those two comics, which suggests they take place on different days.  But Jacqui is wearing the same clothing in #79, #81 and #103, which implies they take place on the same day.  The timeline settles down and gets generally more consistent by #113.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 07:17:41 am »

I agree. E144 is a 2 am based on the clock on the wall. E145 is definitely the next morning. I corrected the write up so that is is now in sync with yours.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 12:33:26 pm »

It's my tradition to quote Daphne's catch-all answer: time in SJI is impressionistic.

Jacqui's speech in 81 implies that that is the day after the Night of the Watch. But I agree that that day has to be Wednesday 11 Jan, and I too have us currently in Wednesday 18 Jan - 10 days away from Jacqui and Dani at Sawyer's.

For what it's worth, I believe 1 to 5 are Adrian's first day in Kearsarge and 6 to 11 his second. (The conversation certainly implies that this is still very early days.) And I'd say this was not too long before Christmas.

Although Christmas and New Year (12 and 13) coincided with the real world, it makes sense to consider them to be more or less chronologically correct (certainly they usually come in that order). Adrian gave Dani her gift voucher for the session with Zenon as a Christmas present. That present is canon because the voucher is referenced on Amy's screen in 79. And according to the calendar her appointment was on Mon 2 January ("Le clinique! Merci, Adrian!").

Applying the usual rules, 14 is the start of the day that becomes the Night of the Watch, which has to be Monday 2 January. And certainly it kicks off with a (post-)seasonal remark, and they've been drinking more than usual.

As I say, things get problematic around 79-80. But really I think it's only Jacqui's reference to "last night" in 81 that doesn't reconcile. I've always seen 79 as covering an indeterminate number of days. It can't be Tuesday 3 Jan when Laura is inviting Raven to dinner on Thursday 12 Jan because she'd have said "next Thursday".

Zenon was in his office to give Dani her session on 2 Jan, but that must have been his last day before his vacation because Adrian gets an out-of-office response later that evening. (OK, it's unusual holiday planning to work 2 Jan and then go off for a week.) His return in 97 would be on Wednesday 11 Jan, which is about right. So I don't think there's a problem there, but my guess is that originally there was...

To be honest I've always suspected a flaw was spotted in the continuity regarding Zenon's vacation, and the calendar in 79 was adjusted to stick an extra week in before "Laura's" dinner date. Only the text in 81 messed that up. I'm probably wrong about that though.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 12:52:49 pm »

It was early in the story line and things were coming out only once a week at that point. Certainly the art has changed and the consistency has improved from that first year. (Which would have only gotten us to about E052!)

The breakdown for me is to try to simplify reading and storing the episodes. By using a "day" format, and considering the number of title pages I have to work with, I was able to have every day, except the one I originally missed, have a title page and keep the number of pages in any volume from becoming very large.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: