Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:38:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 276: Too Much Information.  (Read 50082 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 06, 2014, 10:01:05 am »

Friday, March 7th, 2014.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:51:50 pm »

Right To much information , but we need more Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:14:31 pm by laguna85 » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:03:27 am »

And the word of the day is "oops".
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:23:18 am »

Sounds about right. This got intriguing very quickly. Not that it wasn't earlier, but only more so now.   Cheesy
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:28:17 am »

Continued great stuff from the SJI team.

So much going on simultaneously, so much of it linked in a tangled web.  Was Cherry in the car when Dani was run down?  Seems most likely, but why would she want Dani gone?  Or maybe she wanted to damage (or weaken) Erin, knowing that she wouldn't let Dani die?  Or maybe she wanted Mallory out of the way and nearly killing Dani was a mistake, since Dani was wearing the Tulane-branded clothing; after all, Mallory has an undetermined amount of supernatural power as well (and we haven't seen her since she asked Samedi to show her her enemy).

Convenient for Cherry that Adrian is out and there's so much distraction going on.  Inconvenient that Dani is awesome in every way, and can spot the problem when Erin's too upset to notice.

I still feel sorry for Cherry, though - it's not as though she doesn't have good cause to be upset with and bitter at Erin.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:55:34 am »

I know Cherry is supposed to be looking up the stairs at Erin in the last panel, but I can't help imagining her rolling her eyes at her own stupidity at letting that sleep. 

"I can't believe I fucked that up."

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »

I know Cherry is supposed to be looking up the stairs at Erin in the last panel, but I can't help imagining her rolling her eyes at her own stupidity at letting that sleep. 

"I can't believe I fucked that up."

'Me and my big mouth' was just what we were going for in that panel...thanks!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 01:15:34 pm »

I kind of think Cherry fucked up when Dani told her in 267 that the watch was destroyed in her accident and Cherry didn't say, "Oh, what accident was this?" She hasn't exactly been discreet regarding how much she knows about all the people in the house. The others could have assumed that Erin had told her a lot of this stuff, but that idea could easily have been dispelled by Erin - and this argument must have made it pretty plain that Erin and Cherry haven't been in touch for years.

It seems like Cherry's primary aim has been to convince Erin that they should rebuild the watch by planting doubts in her mind about Rain and also about Adrian. Although that kind of ties in with what Julian has requested, it isn't obvious why it would be necessary: the harem members do whatever Adrian tells them to, don't they? But Erin is Adrian's fiancée. And perhaps Adrian is seen as a bit wet...

It will be interesting to see what happens if Cherry is backed into a corner.

This 330 year old promise thing. Maybe Adrian has been unknowingly guided here to Kearsarge for that reason. And possibly what happened to Echo was part of that guiding. We suspect Claudia was instrumental in what happened to Echo. And the polaroids suggest Dani inducted Claudia. So... No, me neither. But why does Dani have specifically polaroids of the induction of Claudia? If Dani really was sent here to induct Erin, then what was Adrian guided here for? And what is here, exactly? And why is it called the Saint James Infirmary? (That one was due for being asked again.)
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 02:35:08 am »

You say it all
But Question and think off my head

SJI- I 267
this we now know the Heart of the watch came from Wilmot (From the Collage? or Clock Tower? or tunnel?)

SJI- I 276 Cherry look is MY BIG Fuck Mouth Put in FOOT.

Is Cherry telling really truth? Or She want to take over the New York Harem and have Erin at her side.
Now make me think That Rain and Girl friend Marliese Know where the Shell came from or it's power.
I may say is that Rain was also park of the New Your Harem and Marliese.

May be Why Danielle was sent to Kearsarge, If we believe Cherry.

Why do Cherry want to take out Mallory? or I'm looking to much into it?
I also think that Adrian was Guided to Kearsarge and also the link of Mother and Father going this Wilmot collage?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 08:36:03 am »

Cherry's strategy for incapacitating Erin seems to have been to tell big lies, make HUGE accusations, but to anchor them to tiny damning bits of truth or truth approximate.

Good strategy.  Almost worked seamlessly.  However, seconds away from her goal, Cherry got overexcited, and this was just her most obvious of several mistakes.

Her tactic change on Adrian was another red flag.  She spent a good deal of...vehemence on arguing that Adrian was just like Jakob (getting support from Rain and Marliese), and then turns around and asks "What about Echo?" with quite a bit of detail she shouldn't be aware of if she were actually one of Jak's girls under Dani.  In fact, none of the iterations of Dani we've met so far remembers Echo.

Nobody else in the various factions outside the SJI seems aware of Rain at all, yet.  This seems to be interesting circumstantial evidence that Cherry is the person who sent Rain the clock and note.  Might she be a more dangerous adversary than the Kuplers? Huh

Which brings me to a last question.  Before the final mistake, there seemed to be a lot of things wrong with the Missouri guilt trip.  Didn't Erin just say "I stayed to heal you, and then I ran," in 275?

If Cherry's continued whining is supposed to have any tang of legitimacy at all, WTF is with the healing question? Huh  Erin just told her 45 seconds ago that she used enough healing energy to save her life before running from the Thing to save herself.  Oh, and no anger for mysyeriously UNHARMED Aiken whose idea the whole thing was?  Well, allegedly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:40:15 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:38 am »

We haven't had any indication that the mysterious thing that didn't work out was Aiken's idea. In telling Cherry that she had not been serious about attempting it, Erin says that Aiken said he couldn't do it. I think the implication is that if he couldn't do it then they certainly weren't going to be able to do it. As far as we know, he wasn't there when Cherry attempted it.

Cherry's anger about the healing is that she was in hospital for two weeks and Erin didn't come to see her, let alone heal her. As far as we know Cherry never saw Erin again after the incident in the forest. My reading is that Cherry was serious - both about Erin and the magic. Erin didn't take things so seriously. When things got serious Erin ran. Cherry feels betrayed by Erin. Or at least, that's the button she's pushing.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 11:50:49 am »

272 panel 4.  "The only reason you're alive is because I healed you."

"And then you ran..." [followed by nonsensical bitching]

Then, in 276, Cherry asks the question "Why didn't you heal me?" and then makes her tactical error.  That question makes no sense in the context of the earlier conversation.

I'd forgotten they were apparently alone when Cherry did what she did.  I'm afraid I've been holding Aiken's expression when we first met him in the Guest Pages against him.

However, if Aiken's more powerful than Erin or Cherry (or was at the time of The Incident), why is Cherry not griping about his inaction?  No healing magic for him to use?  Or, is her whole narrative complete b.s.?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 12:21:31 pm »

My take is that Aiken told them - or Erin - that he couldn't do it and that it shouldn't be attempted. I get the impression Aiken was a guiding influence for Erin. (I suspect he guided her to Wilmot - hence his expression in the guest page.) It isn't necessarily that he was more powerful (healing seems to be Erin's special thing) but, you know, someone presumably taught Shakespeare English.

Here in 276 Cherry is specifically talking about the time when she was in hospital and Erin didn't come to see her. Yes, Erin had probably saved Cherry's life, but she could have completed the job by coming to the hospital. And let's face it, the guilt trip is working: Erin does feel guilty about what she did, or didn't do.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:59:13 pm by GodWilling » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 04:16:36 pm »

So that is Aiken in the black shirt (guest page 2) with a smile on his face?

Guest page 10 Erin run out of the woods and with blood all over her and may be her or Cherry blood.
SJI- G 10 May be Erin Nightmare

next Was Cherry was in the car or driveing the car that hit Danielle?
Why Cherry go after Mallory with the car? if that she was after.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 05:41:16 pm »

So that is Aiken in the black shirt (guest page 2) with a smile on his face?

It looks increasingly likely. See also 256 - it appears Erin was in a sexual relationship with him. It also seems likely that the other woman in g2 was Cherry.

Guest page 10 Erin run out of the woods and with blood all over her and may be her or Cherry blood.
SJI- G 10 May be Erin Nightmare

Erin's clothing was torn and she was bloodied in g10 and also 272. I can't get past the idea that panel one of 227 is Erin's dream. Presumably Erin was aware that Cherry was still alive even though she didn't visit her in hospital? I mean, Cherry did survive, didn't she? She didn't die? Cherry was - I guess - first introduced to us in a spooky way in the last panel of 232.

227 is my favourite page of SJI so forgive me for revisiting it once again. It has Laura emerging from Pink Clouds as a happy harem girl. There's the watch being resurrected. The back drop is the road where Dani was resurrected. The chicken is dead, but looks a lot like one we've seen recently that isn't. If that's Rain with the clarinet, well Polly must have died a long time ago. So is that a dead woman walking in panel one?

next Was Cherry was in the car or driveing the car that hit Danielle?
Why Cherry go after Mallory with the car? if that she was after.

If Cherry was going after Mallory, when and how did she find out that it was Dani she hit? Was it a little joke that Mallory was absent this evening? Almost the first thing we saw Cherry ask was "Is Mallory here?" and when Dani said she might be back late Cherry said "That's a pity."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: