Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:11:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 276: Too Much Information.  (Read 50084 times)
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 08:40:05 pm »

ok if going back to SJI-I 227
Panel One: Now well it's Erin after healing Cherry
Panel two: know is Laura
Panel three dead chicken may be part of Mallory
Panel Four Now we know is Denielle make the watch
Panel five to me is Echo
Panel Six is Erin and Mallory in bed with Adrian There are six lags

You may be right on 256 but can be any maie.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 05:48:06 am »

Panel One: Now well it's Erin after healing Cherry

But Erin had her trademark haircut by the time of the incident (272). While the hair colour in 227 doesn't look like either of theirs, its shape doesn't look like Erin's, while it could be Cherry's.

That said, it isn't clear what Cherry's hairstyle was like in 272. 256 suggests Erin changed her hairstyle not that long before she came to Wilmot. In g2 the other woman has her hair styled a bit like Erin's, which may itself be suggestive of something.

The other idea I had for this panel was Mallory. We know something bad happened to Mallory's friend Charlotte (g21). Presumably she died because - hello - here's Baron La Croix. Did Mallory do something about it? (Did it involve the chicken?)

Panel three dead chicken may be part of Mallory

Indeed, but Mallory's chicken is still alive. So is this the past or a possible future?

Panel Four Now we know is Denielle make the watch

But is this the past or a possible future? I accept it may be Dani making the watch in the first place, but we're presented with it on the night the watch was destroyed. And the idea that someone would want the watch to be rebuilt follows the very next day.

(There is an interesting idea of a watch as an instrument of enslavement and the parallel or directly connected idea of the fulfilment of a 330 year old promise. The watch being broken interrupts the flow of events - time is standing still. And, well, it is a holiday weekend in the story.)

Panel five to me is Echo

We've been here before. This makes no sense to me. It's not an oboe and it appears to be quite an old instrument. But no matter - you may be right.

Panel Six is Erin and Mallory in bed with Adrian There are six lags

I think the point of this panel is that Adrian is awake and thinking while everyone else is still asleep. My first take on the page was that the other panels were the various thoughts going through Adrian's head, but the chicken, say, would be hard to explain. The title is a quote from Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas, which starts at daybreak with the audience being told what various characters are dreaming about. That gives us the possibility that what we're looking at in 227 are the dreams of SJI characters. If Adrian is awake then we can't see his dream. All these other things are going on and he's got to deal with them.

You may be right on 256 but can be any maie.

Could be. It could actually be a female I suppose (but probably not one in this comic). But someone just bought Erin her ceremonial sword (or dagger, or whatever) for Christmas. It's right there, like it's just been opened. So someone with a working knowledge of magic bought her a present and it looks like maybe she's saying thank you. At this point we only know of one male character from Erin's past who fits that bill. But yes, that's just guessing.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 10:04:05 am »

If I may interject here just for a moment.

First off, I'm indescribably annoyed that you can't simply type in the web address of a page and get it.  Used to be you could do that, but not anymore.  Anyone know why?

Why are we sure this is Erin limping into a Walmart after healing Cherry and fleeing The Thing.  I must also say that Laura looks very confident in her panel--are we sure that's present and not a glimpse into the future?  I know next to nothing about wind instruments, but I tend to lean toward this being Echo's mouth.

With regard to the Watch--I honestly don't know.  It could be Dani piecing the housing together after getting home from the hospital, but it can't be her asembling The Watch for the first time, or reassembling it now since there are smears of not quite dried blood on some of the components being examined.

I like the read on dreams, and Adrian awake having to deal with everything floating around, but I seriously doubt Dani's view of making the watch or remaking it would look Panel 4.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 11:21:04 am »

227 isn't listed simply under its number, it's called 'the principality of the sky.'  Just go to 226 and then click forward.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 11:38:25 am »

227 isn't listed simply under its number, it's called 'the principality of the sky.'  Just go to 226 and then click forward.

Oops, that's fixed.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »

Why are we sure this is Erin limping into a Walmart after healing Cherry and fleeing The Thing.

We're not. It really doesn't look like Erin to me. It could be Cherry. Or it could be someone else's dream, or whatever these are.

I must also say that Laura looks very confident in her panel--are we sure that's present and not a glimpse into the future?

This was Saturday night - after Adrian told Laura about the watch and reassured her that he hadn't used Pink Clouds on her. She is very confident, and stepping out of a pinkish cloud.

I know next to nothing about wind instruments, but I tend to lean toward this being Echo's mouth.

It may be her mouth. Although it doesn't appear to match her lipstick colour of choice, pre- or post- enslavement in the New York harem. And she plays the oboe, using an oboe mouthpiece. I'm no expert on musical instruments but that looks a lot like a clarinet mouthpiece and nothing like an oboe mouthpiece. I actually think it looks like Erin's mouth. And I could come up with some reason for her to be having such a dream. But where would that leave panel one?

there are smears of not quite dried blood on some of the components being examined.

Or perhaps there is something red glowing inside it, illuminating the edges?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 03:20:06 pm »

There are two mouthpiece One look like clarinet or sax and one thiner one that most people think of.
there is one go over the thin one.
sometime make it eazy to play the oboe
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:25:22 pm by laguna85 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »

But Echo doesn't appear to have any problem playing the oboe with a proper oboe mouthpiece (146).
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 06:25:13 pm »

But Echo doesn't appear to have any problem playing the oboe with a proper oboe mouthpiece (146).
Mose Musician also can play more than one woodwind instrument
also a diffent Mouthpiece give a diffnt sound too.
20 year work with a 27 piece orchestra
I did not do the drawing
I did not see a woodwind instrument in Rain house Or I have see draw in?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 06:53:49 am »

It can't all be currently happening.  If it's flashes of past present and future, it's a tough call what's past, what's present and what's future.  The chicken is about Mallory; we've had Laura identified (though her outfit looks nothing like anything we've ever seen her in and gives off an entirely different presence and personality than we've ever seen, even when she's fabulously happy; we can see pieces of the Watch, but that doesn't look like glow to me, so that seems to be current.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:41:19 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:29 pm »

Mose Musician also can play more than one woodwind instrument
also a diffent Mouthpiece give a diffnt sound too.
20 year work with a 27 piece orchestra
I did not do the drawing
I did not see a woodwind instrument in Rain house Or I have see draw in?

Like I say, we've been here before. The question I'd ask is: if this is Echo, why draw her playing with this mouthpiece? If it were just a mouth playing an oboe, we'd say: "That's Echo. What's that doing here?" Frankly we'd be none the wiser for knowing it was Echo. I don't see that it adds anything to draw her using a different mouthpiece. Except it opens up the possibility that it isn't her. None of which is to say it isn't her or it can't be her. But I could point out that we didn't see any guns... anywhere... until they suddenly appeared on the kitchen table. Maybe it's a joke and it's Sue - she's a musician.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:35 pm »

Sue is violin musician
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »

A quick thought on what Cherry might have been trying to accomplish.  Way back in #198/200 Erin performed some kind of ritual that looked like it was designed to protect the Infirmary.  In #206, the driver of a car that looks like the one that hit Danielle finds the shattered casing of the Watch.  Later that night, in #210 what looks like the same car pulls up outside the Infirmary, and in #215 the driver of the car is driven away by what looks like the mystical protection Erin set up.

One way to read this sequence of events is that Julian found the broken Watch, immediately headed over to the Infirmary to try to get it fixed, and was driven off.  So he went and picked up Cherry in the hopes she could use her leverage with Erin to undercut her defense of the Infirmary and the Watch expert it contains.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 12:19:54 pm »

Sue is violin musician

20 years with a 27-piece orchestra and you've never seen a mouth-bow...?

The fact remains that any female character in the entire comic could have a clarinet (or whatever) tucked away somewhere. When we're presented with a picture of a woman blowing into such a thing, Echo is of course the absolutely obvious candidate. But that doesn't mean it's necessarily her.

A quick thought on what Cherry might have been trying to accomplish...

The problem with this as an explanation is that it made perfect sense up to the moment that Adrian just happened to bump into Julian (who just happened to be waiting for him at the exact place he was going to). Julian didn't need to get past Erin's magic to get the watch to Adrian. I think Cherry is going after Erin for a reason, but I don't think it can be quite that. I did ask somewhere, I think, what was the driver going to do if he'd got in on Saturday night? Presumably not kill Dani. A thought I keep coming back to is that the connection between Julian and Cherry is entirely circumstantial. It seems clear enough, but it may not be. Especially if there's more than one watch.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: