Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:59:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 274: Like Tangled Twine.  (Read 22607 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 26, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »

Friday, February 28th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:11:15 am »

I need More Information Please !!!
I will wait for Friday
Need more part to puzzle Please!
Who Have The GUN? Huh
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13:28 am »

I first read this title on a mobile phone screen, and because of the sizing I thought it said "Like Tangled Twins".  Amy and Hayley having a sexy throw down!  While Vik is pointing a gun in their direction!  While another person is pointing a rifle in their general direction!

But no, it's apparently about string.  Or string theory, but that seems pretty high-minded.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:37 am »

The lyrics to John Finn's Wife by Nick Cave may be instructive. Or entirely misleading.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:32:58 am »

Rifleman is Julian
Now may me think the Line in SJI-I261
Rain
Powerful people impress themselves upon the future Even after they are dead, the things they created continve to execute their will.

Meet the new head of whole harem
The Clock remind her She is part of New York Harem and to fill her duty in part of the will?
Each woman can have there own life but a ponit need to service there master.
Vik I think he dive back to his room.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:29:09 am by laguna85 » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 04:00:39 am »

I'm unclear... was Vik shot or did he just run away?

Either way, time to beat feet for everyone involved.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:18:59 am »

I think he ran.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:39 am »

Feet Time too RUN! Cheesy
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 10:09:08 am »

A few thoughts:

1) Being thrown naked into a snowbank is not very fun, in case anyone wanted an experienced account.  Still probably better than being shot, which Amy was, from the looks of things.
2) Landing headfirst in a snowbank?  Ouch.  Let's hope the snow is deep and cushiony.
3) In the final panel, is that Adrian's silhouette running down the stairs to catch up with the twins?  And Vik is diving into the apartment after he realizes that there's a laser target on him?  I'm pretty sure that's the case, but if anyone can confirm I'd appreciate it.  Also, I don't see silhouettes of either of the twins after the fall.
4) OK - so Julian is the sniper.  What agreement did he and Adrian arrive at for him to be willing to help out with what apparently is tangential to the watch?
5) There are still two women in Vik's apartment.  What does Vik tell them to do now?  Human shields?  Out the back window?

Cannot wait to see what happens next.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »

What I'm seeing:

Panel 1. Julian shoots at Vik's gun. (I guess he hit the gun rather than the hand but I imagine that might still smart a bit.) Vik's gun is deflected as it fires, so the bullet catches Amy's arm rather than hitting Adrian.

Panel 2. Adrian throws Amy and Hayley down into a pile of snow sufficiently deep to render their landings safe and perhaps even enjoyable.

Panel 3. Vik realizes that in this comic red lights spell danger.

Panel 4. Adrian (who possibly jumped down after the twins) runs off carrying the injured Amy. I don't understand the speech bubbles here. Adrian would surely be telling Hayley to run - he's carrying Amy. But it's Amy who replies. And Hayley doesn't appear to be running. Is this Amy being kooky again for our amusement?

Panel 5. Vik dives back into his apartment. Julian surprises us by having helped Adrian. But perhaps that makes sense after all... I think the thing on the stairs is actually part of Julian's gun but I could be wrong.

I've kept on saying that it was odd that Julian should just happen to be outside Student Health when Adrian turned up. At the very least this would confirm that Julian is aware of more that's going on than just the location of the watch. That's assuming this is Julian, but I think it is.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 01:12:20 pm »

took a look SJI-I 274 close-up Is a part of the gun
The snow make hard to see
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:19:32 pm by laguna85 » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 01:46:48 pm »

I have a thought on why Julian would help Adrian.  Julian wants the Watch.  The Watch is broken, so he wants to get it fixed.  Only Danielle can do that, and she doesn't want to.  She will, though, if Adrian tells her to.  Adrian can't tell Danielle to do anything if he's dead.

Conclusion: it is in Julian's interest to keep Adrian alive as a lever on Danielle, at least until the Watch is fixed.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »

I agree with that, although Julian following Adrian around with a rifle to see off potential threats suggests there might be a little more to it. As do his words (which he speaks in English, by the by). But - and I'll try not to say this again after this - why run Dani over, thereby risking damaging the watch and simultaneously killing the person you'll need if you do have to repair it?

I'm interested in how Dani is doing, mentally, after being healed by Erin. We've seen some evidence that she's remembering her past more clearly, but it's not clear whether this is directly due to what Erin did.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »

Well Danielle said that she borrow the jacket from Mallory
(I am sorry about the jacket) (Tulane)
SJI-I 193
Julian's run over her

Julian may know that Erin can heal a person, But We know it take a toll on Erin body
Julian was with Cherry
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »

Well Danielle said that she borrow the jacket from Mallory 1
(I am sorry about the jacket) (Tulane)
SJI-I 193
Julian's run over her 2

Julian may know that Erin can heal a person, But We know it take a toll on Erin body 3
Julian was with Cherry 4

1 I'm not forgetting that, but I think it raises more questions than it answers at the moment.
2 We don't know that for sure.
3 I'm not sure how this helps.
4 I suppose we don't know that for sure either. Certainly we don't know if Cherry was there when Dani was run over.

Let's imagine Julian (say) thought he was running Mallory over. So he expects that Erin will have to heal Mallory, thereby weakening herself. Then... I don't know. I don't get it. Any ideas?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: