Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:31:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 272: A General Agreement as to the Facts.  (Read 19950 times)
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 10:27:11 am »

Those looked like hypnotized eyes, not terrified eyes.

I think Erin's eyes just look like that, lol.  Can we assume that Kuppler was after Erin because of her, ahem, "seins" or because she had magic powers?  And how did Kuppler know about her, halfway across the country as she was?  What's the connection between everyone that brought them together?  Is it all Rain's behind the scenes manipulation?

I assumed Marliese was on the phone with Adrian, but it could be Rain as well. 

If Kuppler is still alive... I really, really hope that Adrian isn't playing around with this guy.  He makes Derek, Q, and Vik look like a bunch of lovable jokers; Adrian shouldn't listen to his monologue, engage with him, or any of that, just put him down like that mad dog he is. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 01:31:50 pm »

It was hardly worth Erin putting that dress on for this episode.

Cherry is a friend from Missouri and it would seem that this is the first time they've talked about what happened. So I think we can assume that it happened in Missouri.

"Yes, I initiated something stupid. Yes I was nearly killed. Yes, you saved my life and that's the only reason I'm here now to tell the tale. It's just me, me, me with you, isn't it?" As guilt trips go, I have to say I've heard better. But "It was always about you" makes it sound like maybe Cherry was one of Erin's satellites. And perhaps that's where the guilt button lies.

Can we assume that panel one of 227 was Erin's dream?

Can we assume that Aiken is Black Shirt?

Do you have to call Rain on the phone? Don't you just rub an acorn and wish as hard as you can, or something? (And yes, I'd love to see Erin rubbing Rain's acorn.) I figured Marliese was calling Adrian, mainly because it was her turn. "On my way" sounds more like Adrian than Rain too. But who knows. Maybe she's ringing out for pizza. Or something for that wind.

Rain calls Dani's old boss in New York the Watchmaker (185). We pretty much know that that would be Jakob Kuppler. Yet he is (was?) not much good at anything and had to get Dani to make the watch for him. So... hmmm...

And as has been pointed out, Cherry didn't know him personally, but she was one of his girls. So... hmmm...

If Cherry was "one of his girls" then I suppose that it was probably Dani who recruited her. Cherry indicated in 271 that she at least knew of Dani - "He was always furious he needed Danielle." In that light her conversation with Dani could be seen as a display of concerned sympathy: she doesn't reveal that Dani recruited her; she reassures Dani that Jakob is dead. In conversation with Erin she's more ambiguous about the latter. This possibly presents Cherry as less obviously a villain. If we throw in the possibility that she was in love with Erin and that Erin perhaps did not treat her as well as she might have done, then... hmmm...

We've had a hint from Cherry that Marliese should have known about the watch. It has been noted that Marliese was the one who figured out how to use the watch in Dani's absence. And it was Marliese who was holding the watch and thereby obtained the only penis in the room in 76. I've suggested before that Mallory and Marliese were intending to have dinner at Marliese's place on the Night of the Watch and that that plan changed when (let's say) Rain turned up (20). And I suggested that Marliese went into the house (or maybe I said "was sent into the house") in the knowledge that the watch would be used on her. I'm just floating that idea around again.

Nice apt quote in the pop-up text.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 01:54:29 pm »

We've had a hint from Cherry that Marliese should have known about the watch. It has been noted that Marliese was the one who figured out how to use the watch in Dani's absence. And it was Marliese who was holding the watch and thereby obtained the only penis in the room in 76. I've suggested before that Mallory and Marliese were intending to have dinner at Marliese's place on the Night of the Watch and that that plan changed when (let's say) Rain turned up (20). And I suggested that Marliese went into the house (or maybe I said "was sent into the house") in the knowledge that the watch would be used on her. I'm just floating that idea around again.

I'd agree that seems likely.  Marliese doesn't seem to appreciate the situation - her dislike of being 'summoned' by Adrian (234) indicates that, despite her programming, she might not love her Master with all her heart.  This might be because she sees the larger context; but, despite everything, she thought it was worth it to go in there on the night of the watch to make sure things went down well.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »

And the art recently has been spectacular.

Complete agreement. PK and Octavia have been really outdoing themselves.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

What think of this that Marliese was the who recruited Cherry to the harem
You Right That Marliese know how turn off watch.
Marliese Love women and may be dislike men to love, Don't forget she is writing about it in her books.
SJI-I 260 Gold Star Lesdian  She may be the husband side.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 02:06:38 am »

Thank you...this means a lot to us both Cheesy

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 04:33:48 am »

Thank you...this means a lot to us both Cheesy

It does indeed! Thank you very much.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 09:02:56 am »

What think of this that Marliese was the who recruited Cherry to the harem

If Dani built the watch, and the watch was the means by which the women were recruited, and Dani was the one who recruited them, then I think the timescales are too narrow for Marliese to have recruited anyone after Dani left. But there are a lot of ifs in that.

There seems to be a group of people - or groups of people - who know of each other. It's possible that the connection between them is magic, and that they are aware of each other either because of that shared interest or because of some deeper (hidden) knowledge that magicians have of each other. We don't know exactly what kind of books Marliese writes but she's "friendly" with Rain and Mallory, who both have an active interest in magic. Perhaps her books would sit happily on Mallory's shelves - and perhaps also on those of witches like Cherry and Erin. Did Cherry read them because she's a witch or because she's a lesbian?

If the glowing red shell is some kind of magic crystal then therein lies a reason for people with an interest in magic to be aware of it. It's not clear to me that just because the belltower equipment has glowing red scallops on the front of it, it follows that it's powered by the same red crystals. But perhaps it is. That would suggest that someone at Wilmot found a way of harnessing these crystals so as to be able to affect if not control women. The experiment was at Wilmot, which we could think of as being somehow Rain's institution. And the focus of the experiment appears to have been Adrian's father - someone in whom we believe Rain may have an interest. But the belltower equipment doesn't look like Rain's style at all. Was Jakob at Wilmot? Did he know about this experiment? Is the watch simply another device that harnesses the power of the crystal in much the same way?

Why would someone with the watch be looking to recruit magicians? Erin can heal people. Did Jakob want her to heal him, or was he looking for a way to "heal" his women?

If I keep praising PK and OM, they're going to start thinking I'm taking the piss, which I'm not. But, you know, this whole thing is just great.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 10:20:19 am »

Why would someone with the watch be looking to recruit magicians? Erin can heal people. Did Jakob want her to heal him, or was he looking for a way to "heal" his women?

I also think the same way, to heal him self or mother or his woman?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 06:51:36 am »

Why is it we think Marli was ever in a Kupler harem?  Have we seen evidence of that?  What did I miss?  Is Cherry the one who sent Rain the ugly clock?  Or someone she knows?  It seems pretty clear that Cherry knows about the link between Rain and Marliese and the link between Rain and the SJI harem.  Where she gets her info is spectacularly unclear because she seems much better informed than the people who've been actively researching the campus for months.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 09:26:00 am »

Cherry one thing was look very hard at the Red shell and want it!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 10:40:48 am »

Why is it we think Marli was ever in a Kupler harem?  Have we seen evidence of that?

For what it's worth, I don't think Marliese was ever in the New York harem. I think the speculation is based on Cherry's apparent familiarity with Marliese and her suggestion that Marliese could have filled them in about the watch. But she said the same thing about Rain and I don't think we've any reason to think she was in the harem. The clock and the accompanying note do point towards something though - I just don't know what it is.

We've only Cherry's word for it up to this point that she was in the harem. As she appears to know a lot of things she wouldn't (as far as we know) have found out simply by being in the harem, she could construct any story she likes for herself that's consistent with that knowledge. But what her motives are at this point is made less clear by her apparent connection to Julian. He's been quite explicit about what he wants. How is Cherry furthering that aim by what she's doing?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 01:35:35 am »

Now with the new installment SJI
My think is that Marliese may call Rain 0r Mallory to help  Adrian
we have see Mallory with a Shotgun but do she have a rifle with a scope?
Or Marliese saw Danielle left with her gun call Rain.
Do Danielle have rifle? Huh

Marliese call someone with a Rifle with a Scope we hope.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:45:01 am by laguna85 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: