Mind Control Comics Forum
October 01, 2024, 12:17:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 208: Bill of Materials  (Read 17480 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 28, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »

Coming Tuesday, July 30th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:53:00 am »

Well, now we know what is on the cover for this arc, but what the heck does it mean?  Is the watch useless without the shell?  Does the shell have mind control powers on its own?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 06:46:02 am »

Maybe the shell is the power source and the watch is configured to regulate and modify its MC properties?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:05:13 am »

I think both are right.
the power is the shell and big storm coming with battle by the cover.

the watch may just hold the shell in it's cover and may control the power of it .

The may have it's own power and the way it glowing and way Danielle look at it.

Now we still have pink and tower still. What a town with all mind control.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:12:38 pm by laguna85 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 10:56:33 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:23:07 am by GodWilling » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:13:06 pm »

While we didn't see the shell fall out of the watch or anything, guest page 3 does seem to imply that the shell was contained within clock parts, so unless we hear otherwise that's what I'm going to assume.

Can one use the 'raw' shell without clock parts?  Or does it need technology to be channeled properly?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 01:19:31 pm »

the watch may just hold the shell in it's cover and may control the power in it's  

So the watch is just a kind of shell...

Now we still have pink and tower still. What a town with all it's mind control.

Well, I remind you of the little red shells that lit up on the belltower equipment (102). Maybe there's more of a connection between the belltower effect and the watch than we've been aware of up to now.

And even if little red shells that light up is just a coincidence, it seems a reasonable assumption that the scallop indicates a link with Wilmot. Up to now we've only had Dani's Wilmot shirts in her flashbacks to tie the watch to Wilmot. And they only told us that Dani had been at Wilmot before the watch was used on her. Obviously we now also have an explanation for the red scallop that appeared in her nightmare (g3).

I just look back into the pages and (102) see the Four Red glowing Shell and in (G3) See that the watch and at bottom is the red shell.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:11:31 pm by laguna85 » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »

But wait!!??? Where are the other two shells as seen on recent cover artwork.. 3 shells.  I could imagine one powering the clock tower,  another kept secret for a reveal down the road.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 07:32:09 pm »

Maybe Rain has #3 or it's buried somewhere in the bowels of the Princess Pink factory?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:22:48 am »

At this point I'm wondering what the shells are, exactly?  Magical artifacts?  Do they only have power over women, or can they hypnotize anyone?  Can they be used without some sort of technological interface, like the watch?  What happens if you swallow one?

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 07:08:41 am »

I don't know the answer to the first question.  If Rain is Greek as we suspect, could they be small pieces of Aphrodite relics, or perhaps little knickknacks she made imbued with her power that she presented to the Muses or other immortals (or even mortals) as gifts?

I don't think the shells need a technological interface, but such technology might give more specific control without requiring strength of mind or imagination in the user.  Given that a shell is supposed to be driving the belltower, and the belltower influences men and women, I think the shells have power over most everyone.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 04:42:32 am »

The red shell pop up in sji-i002
Wilmot logo insji-i003 on Erin shirt
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:45:44 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 08:37:27 am »

Yes, but those are Wilmot logos and the shells are actually part of Wilmot insignia.  Which raises the question--are the Kuplers somehow connected to Wilmot?

I think the insignia shells demonstrate significance, but this is an entirely different ballgame.  This is a glowing red shell with some serious power attached to it.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:23:20 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 03:45:35 pm »

This seems an opportune moment to ask this again. In ep 2, what are we looking at in the two panels either side of Adrian's head as he walks up the stairs?

Miscellaneous house deco.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: