Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 07:24:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1033: “Recitation Section”  (Read 3591 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 11, 2021, 01:02:02 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 01:03:58 pm »

Once again I have lost track of who's who.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 02:00:38 pm »

I don't think he has actually been called Patrick by name since the flashback began, but we're bound to assume that's who he is. She is Klara, the woman he picked up in the music shop upon returning from Polly's(?) house in 1022.

Miel is presumably back at their apartment now, and she was lying on the bed in the previous page. That surely makes it likely he is somewhere else, even though 1023 suggested he was going to take Klara back to his place. It looked like he was taking her to the same building where Miel was doing her whoring. So given that he appears to be turning Klara into a whore to work for him, and we know that he's seeing a lot of other women, maybe this whole building is "his place"?

Patrick had black hair in the guest pages where he first appeared, but this version is consistent with all of his appearances in the main comic. So he does appear to be Adrian's father. And I'd say that this page finally confirms that he's a more interesting character than he has seemed to be up to now.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 04:24:04 pm »

His initial guest comic appearance made him look like an unknowing beneficiary of the clock tower effect.  This sequence presents him as a conscious and knowing controller.

I wonder how much of what we're seeing here is reflected in the story Adrian is telling.  From earlier dialogue it's clear he knows his parents both slept around, but did he know his dad was using mind control to do it?  If he did that might put his choice to come to Kearsage in a different light.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 03:34:44 am »

I wonder how much of what we're seeing here is reflected in the story Adrian is telling.  From earlier dialogue it's clear he knows his parents both slept around, but did he know his dad was using mind control to do it?

1025 certainly doesn't give the impression that Adrian had conveyed to Miriam that Miel was acting under mind control. Jacqui was presumably another of his victims and she doesn't seem to know it either. That is, unless both of them are so accepting of the use of mind control that they don't see it for what it is.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 03:29:17 pm »

Daphne has said that people in the SJIverse react to mind control the way people in the Marvel universe react to large scale destruction of property: avoid if you can, but if you get caught up in it you just work through it and get on with your life.  I'm not sure how I'd expect Jacqui to react to learning that Patrick had used mind control on her.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 08:06:05 pm »

I was thinking both living in Dorm rooms
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 02:57:19 pm »

I was thinking both living in Dorm rooms

That was my assumption, although they're starting their fourth year at Wilmot now, so I figured they might have left dorm rooms behind. But either way, right from the start they were sharing a room as a result of an apparent mix-up, and it seemed as though they weren't going to do anything to correct that. g7 indicated the two beds were in the same room.

If Patrick is in his own room, 1029 suggests he has a collection of soft toys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: