Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:16:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: On a scale of 1-5, what did you think of "Starter Marriage"  (Voting closed: December 26, 2020, 02:10:37 pm)
5 (my favorite thing evr) - 4 (12.9%)
4 - 16 (51.6%)
3 - 6 (19.4%)
2 - 4 (12.9%)
1 (ugh, ugh, ugh) - 1 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you think of "Starter Marriage"?  (Read 15182 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 19, 2020, 02:10:37 pm »

For the moment, you can't "favorite" Starter Marriage, because of boring technical reasons. So, we're collecting some feedback! If you've played it, what did you think of it? Worth doing others of this type?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 04:25:57 pm »

I love CYOA multi-path stories, and there really aren't a whole lot of ones for MC fiction, so this is awesome. That said, this current one felt like a lot of setup with little MC. That's ok, but it's also ok to have other ones be more quick-start/red-meat.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 01:01:12 am »

It was one of the most interesting things on the site in a long time. I'd love to see more of these if they're given the same amount of thought and care. And, of course, I'm very interested in what happens next.

A big thing for me is that I think I like the text/art ratio of this better than most of your comics - Sturk's work is about the same. Most of us came to this kink from the erotic fiction community, I'd guess, so we're already text-oriented more than most (and probably especially most men.) As Oglaf put it, I need a convoluted narrative to really get off. And there's nothing more convoluted than a multi-path story or whatever you want to call it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:19:50 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 01:38:10 pm »

Most of us came to this kink from the erotic fiction community, I'd guess

That's a really interesting thought, but I'm not convinced it's accurate. I'd actually guess that the younger you are, the less true this is.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »

That's a really interesting thought, but I'm not convinced it's accurate. I'd actually guess that the younger you are, the less true this is.

I agree with the second part of that, certainly.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
ktc1221
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 06:12:41 pm »

I personally find the multi path story to be a fun change of pace.  It feels a lot like a VN of sorts. I've so far triggered around 3 different variants of endings through Ch. 2, I'd assume for your sanity that while user choice is important you only have a certain number of endings planned? Say 5 or 6 with variables changing depending on the reader choice. Like there's clearly an Allison wife style ending, but whether she has gotten implants, is submissive, has a blowjob fetish etc being the variables? Not intending to ask for spoilers. I'm also curious if this will be a monthly release, or longer due to its complexity?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 01:37:38 am »

I personally find the multi path story to be a fun change of pace.  It feels a lot like a VN of sorts. I've so far triggered around 3 different variants of endings through Ch. 2, I'd assume for your sanity that while user choice is important you only have a certain number of endings planned? Say 5 or 6 with variables changing depending on the reader choice. Like there's clearly an Allison wife style ending, but whether she has gotten implants, is submissive, has a blowjob fetish etc being the variables? Not intending to ask for spoilers. I'm also curious if this will be a monthly release, or longer due to its complexity?

It'd be amazing if this was monthly.

Implants would be nice, but some kind of body modification to go along with the mind control would be even better.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 01:40:25 am by Haight » Logged

zerocross
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 03:36:48 pm »

This was really nice, and I played through it dozens of time to get the various different outcomes. I've enjoyed it quite a lot but obviously the first installment leaves for little payoff, especially in the ways of mind control. I would love of this would become a monthly thing, but I imagine the work load would grow non-linearly.

There are some choices that do not feel meaningful in any way, in the interactions by text with the ex. It's not clear if it is intentional, but it feels bad. It feels as she'll feel roughly the same no matter what I say.
ajaroflube
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 10:38:33 am »

I don't mind CYOA, but I was not a fan of the story. Two chapters in and there's still no mind control.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 05:45:01 pm »

I don't mind CYOA, but I was not a fan of the story. Two chapters in and there's still no mind control.

It's pretty heavily hinted at, but it's not explicitly that.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 09:28:59 am »

Once I found out how to go back and try different paths, I liked the story.  And the art is fantastic.  And if you don't think there's already mind control in those two chapters, go back and look at a couple more paths.
neogeo
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 09:30:56 am »

Very neat!

I give it a good to great out of 11
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 02:34:17 pm »

One thing I'd like, now that I've played the game a few times, is some indication of how many possible states there are at certain nodes, e.g. at the end of each chapter. I've found 4 different endings to chapter 2, but I have no idea if that's anything like all there are. I've not kept close track, and I really don't want to spend a lot of effort to further investigate; is there any way to get an idea of how many paths there are through any given node?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 03:42:42 pm »

End one branch but was bad start. wait so I can do restart
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2020, 10:53:13 am »

One thing I'd like, now that I've played the game a few times, is some indication of how many possible states there are at certain nodes, e.g. at the end of each chapter. I've found 4 different endings to chapter 2, but I have no idea if that's anything like all there are. I've not kept close track, and I really don't want to spend a lot of effort to further investigate; is there any way to get an idea of how many paths there are through any given node?

Yeah, it'd also be nice to catalogue how to get certain results. I know I've gotten a few different comments for what Allison says at the end of the day, but I don't have a perfect memory and haven't been able to recreate them all.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: