Mind Control Comics Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:15:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: On a scale of 1-5, what did you think of "Starter Marriage"  (Voting closed: December 26, 2020, 02:10:37 pm)
5 (my favorite thing evr) - 4 (12.9%)
4 - 16 (51.6%)
3 - 6 (19.4%)
2 - 4 (12.9%)
1 (ugh, ugh, ugh) - 1 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you think of "Starter Marriage"?  (Read 15168 times)
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 11:35:38 am »

Also, small thing, but: for those of us who want to replay this multiple times, it's annoying to have to wait for the "three loads" (text, then image, then options) when we're just trying to blast through to a certain alternate choice.

I feel like we're all criticizing this thing now, but it's only because we like it!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 11:49:50 am »

I'm not sure I know how many variations there are on some scenes! Easy over 60, in some cases.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 12:13:50 pm »

String, thumbtacks, and an empty wall. Problem solved. Sure, your friends will think you're a lunatic, but  who needs friends, right?

RIGHT?
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2020, 08:55:57 pm »

I liked it, but I'm afraid that it won't have an end.  Or endings.  Most of the series on MC Comics go on forever, which is fine.  "The Hidden Knowledge" will get updated once a year and never end and that's fine.  But a CYOA story really really does need endings.

But that's being negative.  So far, I like it.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 01:34:51 am »

But a CYOA story really really does need endings.

This is true; in particular, it does.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 10:23:03 am »

Yep. Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.
nageth
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 06:24:20 am »

I think my only real complaint is that the animated text transitions kind of make repeated run throughs a chore since you have to go back to chapter check points and can't just go back one choice.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 06:11:38 pm »

I'm not sure I know how many variations there are on some scenes! Easy over 60, in some cases.

I wondered about that. I noted that a lot of the scene text has small inserts and deletions depending on my choices, so I can see how you'd accomplish that.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2021, 11:02:46 pm »

I liked it, but I'm afraid that it won't have an end.  Or endings.  Most of the series on MC Comics go on forever, which is fine.  "The Hidden Knowledge" will get updated once a year and never end and that's fine.  But a CYOA story really really does need endings.

But that's being negative.  So far, I like it.

Sad to be right about this.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2021, 03:53:22 pm »

We're working on it! These are complex updates…

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: