Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:49:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #923: “Obedience”  (Read 3077 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 13, 2020, 01:01:59 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:36:36 am »

I’m not sure why Zenon thought that Adrian asserting his authoritay was going to end well for him. Maybe Mallorybot’s abilities are their own force to be reckoned with.
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 05:39:53 am »

He had no choice. Smiley

The villain twirls his mustache (really his intestines because he's been exploded) and cackles (in tremendous pain), "You'll see, I'll get you next time!" He then vanishes in a poof of pink clouds.

Status Quo is God. Much like The Ice Pirates (a movie I very much and camply enjoyed), if you don't exit the warp at the exact position you were when you entered... you are trapped forever. The story stays on-course.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 08:41:33 am »

yes master
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 12:18:16 am »

To clarify, I didn’t mean it was or should have been a foregone conclusion that Adrian’s control would win out, though it being otherwise may have spoken poorly of Jakob and Dani’s engineering abilities. Rather the sudden resolution of Erin’s internal conflict immediately following Adrian’s gambit should have warranted at least a little concern from a more careful and astute villain.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 02:10:35 am »

It wasn't a foregone conclusion that Adrian's control would win, if Zenon did what he said he was doing. Zenon's control was simply Adrian's control modified in some way. Obviously it's not at all clear why that modification would leave Erin conflicted when Adrian re-appeared, but Zenon's plan was predicated on Adrian not re-appearing.

It seems as though, when your Watch Master dies, you can choose another one. (As Zenon himself pointed out, this makes exactly what has gone on with Dani somewhat interesting. And perhaps that's the point of this whole interlude.) Maybe what Zenon did was to use the watch patterns simply to make Erin choose him - who knows?

Anyway, Zenon's plans were fundamentally flawed. He didn't even know that he was dead. He had Vik kill Adrian, presumably not knowing that that wouldn't work. If it had worked then Erin was his.

His game was up as soon as Adrian got up again. Erin was already his only defence against Cherry. He couldn't use the tendrils himself to silence Adrian. His only hope was that his control of Erin would withstand Adrian's reappearance. He told Erin to attack Adrian and he tried using Vik to kill him again, because what else could he do? Inevitably that turned out to be a case of drat and double drat.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 04:57:16 am »

Oh I think Adrian was right and properly dead. It worked, but there are clearly forces in this universe beyond Zenon's comprehension. No plan survives first contact with a god of death, or something like that.

I hadn't considered (or more properly didn't remember the relevant text) that killing Adrian was maybe what allowed Zenon to do a little variable reassignment in Erin and Mallory's heads. I'm not sure he's as helpless on his own in this realm as you posit, but yeah, two witches and a pissed off not-dead-guy probably spell his doom.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 07:13:36 am »

I think it's just one pissed off witch right now.  But if she's back in full control, that's WAY more than enough.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 06:20:48 pm »

Oh I think Adrian was right and properly dead. It worked, but there are clearly forces in this universe beyond Zenon's comprehension. No plan survives first contact with a god of death, or something like that.
for the comic story let use Baron Le Croix death priest he always say  Today I'm not take you sole
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: