Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:11:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Has The Tone Of The Content Of This Site Shifted?  (Read 12885 times)
DeltaDelta
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« on: January 21, 2019, 05:04:03 am »

Hi

Ok, so I am a long-time member and fan of this site, heck I saved the site to me Favourites when the “site” was just a place holder waiting for the actual site to go live.

When things started, I looked forward to the new content every week, I knew it would be of top quality and I might love it or I might hate it, or it might fall anywhere between those two extremes, but even if I hated it then I knew it wasn’t actually BAD, it just wasn’t for me and the chances where that next week they’d be something a bit more up my ally coming out…basically even in the slowest/worst month (from my perspective) their would always be at least one comic that really hit the tone I was after…

I…can’t really say that anymore, over the last little while (most of 2018 to be honest) there have been multiple months in a row that there wasn’t one comic out that I could really get into, and even when there was a comic out that I liked it more often than not, was a matter of them being “OK” rather than “GREAT” …

With me seeming to have less and less cash to spend on anything other than absolute necessities, I am having to seriously consider whether to keep re-upping my subscription…but I really don’t WANT to cancel,
I’ve been here since the beginning…but as I said there have been whole months of content put out (some time consecutively) which just flat out doesn’t do anything for me, no matter how well scripted or drawn they may be, which makes it hard to justify it even to myself…

Now of course content needs to be driven by the majority; Daphne and Co need to appeal to the widest number of people possible in order to keep the site running and so keep making new content, so if what is being produced is appealing to that majority then that’s that really…I guess I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat with me?
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:16:59 am »

As a writer and artist (who contributes on the tiniest level) I'd be interested to know what you thought was 'good' and what wasn't. You can describe that in terms of titles you liked most - or if it was the story or the art etc.

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:59:59 am »

DeltaDelta,
I've also been a member since before the beginning, so to speak. There's plenty that I find geared toward other interests than mine, but also plenty that really pushes my buttons.

Is the issue possibly (or partially) that a number of popular series have come to a close over the last year or two?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:06:22 am »

I'll let the discussion run, but I'll offer that I really don't write for "the majority" or with much of an eye to what I think is going to be popular; I just write what I find hot.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:17:15 am »

I'll let the discussion run, but I'll offer that I really don't write for "the majority" or with much of an eye to what I think is going to be popular; I just write what I find hot.

I think you've got a good handle on a wide range of hotness.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 12:49:57 pm »

Quote from Who framed Roger rabbit Jessica Rabbit: You don't know how hard it is being a woman looking the way I do.
Jessica Rabbit: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
 Some Draw of over side shuff ! ( ok breast) I do not like but still part of the story. (The Hidden Knowledge the maids)( sorry maid )
What got me took on the web site the first couple mind control comics.
Some old still keep me hanging what go happen next.  but may not be hot today.  I live with it

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:55:48 pm by laguna85 » Logged
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:08 pm »

Some comics/issues I like, some I don't. I don't think the ratio has changed too much since the beginning (I'm also a charter member). I agree that there are cold spells occasionally, but, hey: the market isn't just me. It may well be "just Daphne," but that works for me more often than not.

Also: Daphne, if you really are just writing for yourself, it's pretty awesome you've managed to get this many people to pay for your sex fantasies. If anybody wants to pay me for, I don't know, walking around my neighborhood, I'll gladly set up a subscription service.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:45:59 pm by hereno » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 01:57:09 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:02:37 pm by GodWilling » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 03:47:08 pm »

I just write what I find hot.

I second this Smiley

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 03:50:30 pm »

beyond a greater emphasis on BE.

That's totally because I've gotten more into it.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 04:18:17 pm »

Should we jet, then?

I think I've noticed a shift, as well - it definitely seems like there's been a lot more one-shots that are just too short to do anything for me, and compounded with the fact that the average comic length seems to be 12 pages rather than the 16 you'd actually expect for a comic, it's really hard to get into them.

I don't think you can expect people to follow a story that's published in small increments once or twice a year.

There's also the weirdness about some people getting off not so much on the heterosexual sex, but the male-male competition of taking a partner from another male - I guess I just find that kink to be a turn-off, but I think a decent amount of people here are into it (or into the idea of having their partner taken away from them, which actually seems decently common these days). So that's a difference of opinion on kink, I guess, but not a structural one with how stories are told.

In general I feel pretty unsatisfied when stories seem to end scenes suddenly to fit stories into the issue format or build cheap tension.

I'm all for the BE tho.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 04:21:17 pm »

the average comic length seems to be 12 pages rather than the 16 you'd actually expect for a comic

Well, that's definitely not a change in the site. The "standard" drawn comic has been 12 pages since day one; 16 page issues are a (relatively) recent innovation, and only on a few titles.

macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 05:14:52 pm »

If anybody wants to pay me for, I don't know, walking around my neighborhood, I'll glad set up a subscription service.
I guess if you can manage to incorporate into your walk the variety, artistic content, sense of humour and imagination that Daphne et al manage in their stories then they just might....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w        Grin

GB
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 07:07:41 pm »

Well, that's definitely not a change in the site. The "standard" drawn comic has been 12 pages since day one; 16 page issues are a (relatively) recent innovation, and only on a few titles.

Yes, but it means that when you move a story to a "very infrequent" release schedule it is even more noticeable since there's even less story.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 08:32:04 pm »

the average comic length seems to be 12 pages rather than the 16 you'd actually expect for a comic

There are a few stories where I would have killed for as little as one more page.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: