Mind Control Comics Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:01:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which were your favorite titles in 2018?  (Voting closed: January 07, 2019, 11:33:06 pm)
After the Show - 17 (3.8%)
The Alchemist - 21 (4.7%)
Audiophilia - 14 (3.1%)
Automatic Transmission - 2 (0.4%)
Being Present - 2 (0.4%)
Bigger - 5 (1.1%)
The Bristol Area - 5 (1.1%)
By the Book - 23 (5.1%)
The Canadian Girlfriend - 20 (4.4%)
Checkered Past - 11 (2.4%)
The Chrysalis - 31 (6.9%)
Cuckoo's Nest - 13 (2.9%)
Domina - 4 (0.9%)
Drains - 9 (2%)
Enchanted Summer - 6 (1.3%)
Faerie Tail - 10 (2.2%)
Fantasy World - 10 (2.2%)
Found Objects 3 - 19 (4.2%)
Free Trade Zone - 11 (2.4%)
Friend Request - 6 (1.3%)
Gig Economy - 5 (1.1%)
Growth Potential - 13 (2.9%)
The Hidden Knowledge - 15 (3.3%)
The In-Law Unit - 18 (4%)
Permed - 22 (4.9%)
The Persuader - 12 (2.7%)
The Ring Cycle - 15 (3.3%)
Roll Playing - 25 (5.6%)
Roll Playing 2 - 25 (5.6%)
Seasons - 4 (0.9%)
The Shadow on the Sand - 1 (0.2%)
Trigger Warning - 19 (4.2%)
Unknown Pleasures - 10 (2.2%)
Unleashed - 7 (1.6%)
Upon Reflection - 0 (0%)
Waiting Room - 20 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 72

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Regular Title of 2018?  (Read 23332 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 28, 2018, 03:46:23 pm »

Which were your favorite "regular" (not a bonus, and not page-at-a-time) comics in 2018? You can vote for up to seven!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:49:02 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 03:55:03 pm »

A lot of these closed out their runs this year. I think that's a healthy cycling of content. Excited to see what new is in store for 2019.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:10:22 am »

wow

much quality

very erotica

such choice

decisions hard
radouigi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 03:09:01 pm »

This one was a hard vote, very good year over all. The ones finishing their runs merited extra consideration from me since they tended to have excellent finales. Overall, if I had to pick again tomorrow I'm not sure I'd wind up with the same 7 favorites.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 03:41:24 pm »

Indeed difficult, with those just starting not likely to be so highly rated as the storyline would generally not be well emough established for a mature view, and so many good titles to choose amongst

A thought: would a poll of the titles most wanted to be resurrected (defined as - say - those that ran in 2016/2017 but not 2018) be interesting? Beyond Rubies - which appeared to be all set for a grand finale after its June 2017 issue - immediately comes to mind!

GB
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 03:54:16 pm »

Decisions are hard, but they still have to be made.

Votes

Audiophilia finished up with an awesome little mini-arc, and it was absolutely one of this year’s highlights for me.

By the Book came to a close (of sorts) as well, and did it in fine form like always. Despite the epic, unwieldy, franchised even, size of the harem at this point, BtB still manages to satisfy with each issue and I anxiously await Volume II. Coming Soon™ no doubt.

Checkered Past brought the plot and oh my was it delicious. By the by, talk about how much Plutonian Knight has improved over the years on SJI. A virtue of this comic’s extended run is you can see similar development in Montalis’ talents, which are quite formidable at this point.

Domina gets a vote because the art is simply perfect, the content really hot, and I’m always in favor of more *cough* Dominas getting in on the action. Now if only she could just get some help with that Wink

Enchanted Summer is love.

Trigger Warning was, as Maid Mode Hannah might put it, “Très magnifique!” Daphne brings the script, and Maxx brings the art, and when their powers combine... the results are :haughty sniff: pretty decent.

Waiting Room. Because Mind-wiped Maid Alix. And the cheerleaders. And ‘bots. And bed frame tentacles. And of course, Laurel’s boobs. Which may or may not have made me vote for her comic.

Honorable Mentions

After the Show was fucking amazing, but so was Trigger Warning. Felt guilty voting for two very similar titles and so forced to choose, it’s Trigger Warning since we already have two issues of this. I can still have both again in the future though, yes? Please? Pretty, pretty please?!

The Canadian Girlfriend was super-sexy this year. It’s like Daphne’s extended version of Weird (Canadian) Science, which means mind control and Rated X and Québécois girl(s). Yes please.

Drains must be the other thing Cherry was bingeing along with NGE to fuel her current rampage on SJI. It appears we have similar tastes...

Friend Request finally showed its hand, and I sincerely hope that things are just getting started.

Gig Economy has a really great setup with a ton of potential for fun and/or erotic shenanigans beyond what we’ve already gotten. The art was endearing, and I wish for to see more of this series. I fear we may not though Cry

Growth Potential is breast expansion I can get behind! Or between? Betwixt? All of the above? Yes, all of the above. And more.

The Persuader occupies the same mental space for me as Waiting Room, but typically shakes out in second place. In archery terms however, we’re still talking about a real tight grouping inside the bullseye.

The Ring Cycle has a kidyoung chap living several dreams at once. I do so look forward to him living some more~

Roll Playing is like, the greatest thing ever, but I feel that’s a known known and so rather than split votes on it this year, I decided to recognize some other titles.

The Shadow on the Sand was really weird, and kind of awesome, and I’m glad it exists!

Unleashed, I’m ashamed to say, only got read as part of this year-end voting. Passed over initially because of the length, I never circled back around despite meaning to. Have read it now though and very much enjoyed it! Not too many of the usual MC tropes I go for, but a lot of great character work and an engaging, personal story. Ultimately it didn’t enter the top echelon for me this year, but I would be sad if we didn’t get new titles like this one in the future.
BorisL
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 05:29:34 pm »

I sort of want to list my  least favourites.

But I don't want to upset you, especially  at the New  Year.

By the way, Daphne, Happy  New Year!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 02:15:36 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:56:37 am by GodWilling » Logged
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 12:00:52 pm »

My choices:
Checkered Past, The Chrysalis, Drains, Free Trade Zone, The Persuader, Roll Playing, Roll Playing 2

... but I could easily have picked any of these as well:

After the Show, Being Present, Bigger, Cuckoo's Nest, Enchanted Summer, Fantasy World, Growth Potential,  The In-Law Unit,  Gig Economy

The odd thing for me was that I found this a much MUCH harder problem--an embarrassment of riches--than the periodic titles and the bonuses.

Honorable mentions:
 The Canadian Girlfriend was too cryptic and the MC too subtle until the last issue. Now I want to know where it's going, but I wasn't really that into it before.
 Faerie Tail started fun but got repetitive, much like By the Book
 The Hidden Knowledge I really really like, but it just wasn't going anywhere. The last 2 issues were really good, though, and I'm intrigued enough to see if it develops any real conflict
 The Ring Cycle--I *really* liked issue #1, when it looked like there might be further complexity developing, but it never panned out
 Permed was fun, but not a favorite
 The Shadow on the Sand was WAY too short. I kindof got lost in the story. I think if it had been twice as long, it would have been a far better piece
 Unleashed I really liked how this started up, but it's kindof in a lull right now, so we'll see if any tension develops later.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 12:17:58 pm »

I sort of want to list my  least favourites.

You can if you want, but that's not really data we use to make decisions. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
woland
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 06:14:07 pm »

I didn’t vote for closed series, assuming this is about future projections.

Couldn’t vote for Sudo which didn’t appear in 2018 but would like to see that story continue.

Honorable mention to Unknown Pleasures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: