Mind Control Comics Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:07:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW SITE  (Read 68039 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 12, 2017, 01:50:53 am »

If you have questions about the new site that you think will be of general interest, please feel free to post them here. Please don't post any sensitive information like usernames or passwords.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:52:38 am »

First question: My username is different between MCT and MCC. How can I be sure the accounts will be merged?

The important thing to make sure is that the email address and password are the same between your MCT and MCC accounts. The MCC login takes priority, so we'll merge your MCT account into the MCC username, and you'll use the MCC account going forward.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 05:46:21 am »

Although the email instructed us to reset username and password to be identical between MCC and MCT, I can't see how to do the former. However, if I've understood your previous response correctly then this is not necessary. What should be done is to make the e-mail addresses the same (essential) and the passwords (advisable but not essential) and the MCT username will automatically get reset if necessary. Correct?

GB
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:13 am »

What should be done is to make the e-mail addresses the same (essential) and the passwords (advisable but not essential) and the MCT username will automatically get reset if necessary. Correct?

Correct!

Mars80
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:46:50 am »

I'm able to get on and login to MCT (Looks great btw) but I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error for MCC...  UPDATE nevermind it's working now. Thank you!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:47:15 am »

I'm able to get on and login to MCT (Looks great btw) but I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error for MCC.

Try again now!

lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 10:44:24 pm »

Since apparently I'm a pedantic fuck who would rather critique the new website than get off to the content, here are some lists.

Problems:
  • Download links for one-offs like Hell's Kitchen and High Fantasy 404 for me.
Metadata:
  • You accidentally an 'n' in the site description on the home page when logged out.
  • Buttoned Up is missing what I assume is the series description field.
  • The Pool of Dr Viagari could use a period on the end of its description.
  • Cuckoo's Nest and some other sole collaborations have the credits baked into the description, which pokes at my desire for uniformity.
  • The description of Faerie Tail describes the first issue, but not the Paul Harvey rest of the story. Could probably write something generic about fae shenanigans that works for both.
  • Might reference Bearing Gifts and link to it in the description of Found Objects 3.
Suggestions:
  • Would be nice to have the issue count and an Ongoing / Concluded / One-off indicator when browsing titles. I guess the cover images kinda do that, but the numbers can be too small.
  • Redirect /creator to /creators, or stick the creator pages under /creators to match /comics.
  • Would be super-swell if you threw a teeny bit of Javascript and an API call at the (un)favorite button.
  • Make the title text itself clickable when browsing the list of titles.
  • In the html page title for series, I would advocate either swapping the order to be <series name> | <site name>, or use an abbr like MCC, or drop it like on page pages. Becomes apparent with lots of tabs open.
  • Title link next to the discuss link is redundant for one-offs.
  • No way to navigate to browsing all titles from most pages.
  • Would be neat to gather up all the creators from all the issues in a series and display them under something like "Worked on by" in the title/series page.
  • It’s obvious, but not immediately obvious what the dates mean when browsing titles. Adding “Last updated” wouldn’t clutter things up too much I think.
  • If/when you get around to Simple Machines, please please give us [ spoiler ] tags.
  • I wouldn't be sad if the ability to change our username appeared at some point in the future.

Overall though, congratulations on the launch! And godspeed working out any kinks so you can keep iterating. Is great to see a new foundation for y'all to build upon.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:59 pm »

Thanks! Some of those are planned already (like the series status indicator). Um:

You accidentally an 'n' in the site description on the home page when logged out.

?

lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 11:45:54 pm »

"Mind Control Comics publishes the absolute best in erotic comics with an mind control theme. We..."
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 12:34:39 am »

"Mind Control Comics publishes the absolute best in erotic comics with an mind control theme. We..."

Oops, fixed, thanks!

The problem with downloads for single-issue comics should be fixed as well.

macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 01:57:31 am »

Don't know if it's deliberate or a result of the Law of Unintended Consequences but anyway: I could see the latest page from Rapid Inductions on my Browser  but when I tried to download it (using Save Image as...) I got a blank!
It appears the images have two layers: the actual jpg picture and a png 'museum glass' and the software I used (I tried Firefox and Edge) defaults the former to background and the latter to image (presumably because it's the top layer). You can select the other by going to View Image Info, selecting Media and choosing the jpg to save (at least in Firefox).

GB
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 08:04:31 am »

This is intentional.

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 08:41:00 am »

This is intentional.

But, you know, you have a point! We do say that customers with 90 days continuous access can "download." When we wrote that, we meant "download the PDFs," but "right click and save the image files" is also a reasonable definition of "download". So,we've fixed it so that if you have download privileges, you can easily right-click and save the image.

macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 12:26:53 pm »

This is intentional.

But, you know, you have a point! We do say that customers with 90 days continuous access can "download." When we wrote that, we meant "download the PDFs," but "right click and save the image files" is also a reasonable definition of "download". So,we've fixed it so that if you have download privileges, you can easily right-click and save the image.

That's very gracious of you, thank you!
I find the downloads easier to size to my screen and much easier to jump around in SJI to try to keep up with the various threads!

GB
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 12:51:12 pm »

So,we've fixed it so that if you have download privileges, you can easily right-click and save the image.

Thank you very much. That will make things nicer for long time members.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: