Mind Control Comics Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:59:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Rubies Cast  (Read 44545 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 03, 2014, 06:53:16 am »

Beyond Rubies has developed a pretty big cast... so HMB did a scorecard so you can keep track! (Colors by PortalComic.)

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:58:03 am »

Cue people still telling me they all look the same in 3...2...
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:00:15 am »

I never had a problem with them looking the same.  I think this is just a distilled form of pure awesome, and I only wish it were possible to get more.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:18:17 am »

I love the hairstyles. I'm left with the impression that in addition to morally dubious mind control research Quine has an experimental hairstyle division.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:23:36 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:24:12 am »

I love the hairstyles. I'm left with the impression that in addition to morally dubious mind control research Quine has an experimental hairstyle division.

I'm going to take a guess that you may be HMB's new favorite commenter. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

lady are not same, look at the shape of the faces and the chins
love the hair
the Cast was get big
Now we know who is who!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 03:23:45 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:29:51 am by GodWilling » Logged
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »

This is wonderful. Thanks, HMB and Daphne!
dollarsandsense
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 12:23:25 am »

I notice some changes in hair colors (Charlotte, Emily, Marina, Andrea, Laura). Is that due to a change in colorist, and will it be permanent? On HMB's deviantArt version of this picture, Emily and Marina are white, so I'd imagine this is just part of Portalcomic getting to know the characters. I find the easiest way to keep track of all these characters is through hair (style and color), so it would be nice to keep things consistent.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 09:45:35 am »

Where did we meet Marina?
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 11:27:44 am »

I notice some changes in hair colors (Charlotte, Emily, Marina, Andrea, Laura). Is that due to a change in colorist, and will it be permanent? On HMB's deviantArt version of this picture, Emily and Marina are white, so I'd imagine this is just part of Portalcomic getting to know the characters. I find the easiest way to keep track of all these characters is through hair (style and color), so it would be nice to keep things consistent.
Illustrator snaffu saw the wrong version lettered, is all.  I noticed it last night and it should be corrected across the board now.

Yeah, Portal is just getting acquainted with the large cast and since no two colorists are created equal, he has some different rendering styles and pallets.  (Which I like, because not everyone has the same brown color hair and it helps separate the ladies a bit more.)  It's no small task, there was a lot of scenes where the red glow makes it hard to distinguish colors in general.

As for Laura, her hair was never supposed to be red.  That was a coloring error that we just went with (deadlines people) and I've since regretted especially after seeing her and Andrea in the same scene together. Now I wanted to meet in the middle and make her hair a more strawberry blond to help set her apart a bit more.
A simple trip to the salon is hardly out of the question for these ladies.

I understand that it can be frustrating, that's why I wanted to make this image so we have a nice reference point for new and old readers.
Hopefully everything stays nice and consistent going forward.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:31:04 am by HarryManBack » Logged
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Where did we meet Marina?
Issue 4, I think.  Page 5.  Nick waves to her on his way into the Quine building.  She had a white shirt there, instead of the blue one she wears in issue 6 where we really...ahem...get to know her.
Dragowar
Browser
One Star Sneetch

I'll master your taint

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 06:23:13 am »

I didn't notice this Amazing job guys
av0999
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 08:53:15 am »

Very hot. Which is the one Nick is screwing to get back at his boss?
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:19 am »

Very hot. Which is the one Nick is screwing to get back at his boss?
Currently it is Andrea and Laura.
Andrea being his old mistress from the beginning & current secretary.
Laura being the Executive Vice-President of Quine.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: