Mind Control Comics Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:49:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Canadian Girlfriend #1  (Read 30232 times)
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 01:48:03 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:05:02 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »

I can't tell if she's doing the controlling or being controlled.  This has a delightful Rage In Harlem feel to it.  A femme fatale of amazing beauty and appetite drops in on an unsuspecting guy hauling a prodigious amount of booty (stolen goods, cash, gold, jewels, you name it) and seduces him in order to give herself a place to hide out--but her attitude seems too desperate to be "grifter acting class."  So, could she be a part of a ring of beautiful, mind-controlled smugglers/thieves who are programmed to seduce marks if there's heat after they complete a score?

The name Levesque looks familiar, but it's not SJI.  Has Levesque been used on this site before?  Oh, hold up...nope.  That's a Riordan character surname from his Heroes of Olympus series.  Ah well, name's gotta come from somewhere.  And certainly he has his sources as well. Wink

ETA--Yes, this is good and might become quite an enjoyable recurring series, but it's not as much fun as Faerie Tail has been so far.  That'll be something interesting to monitor.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:11:04 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:05:15 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:05 pm »

Oh...That's Darth Skeletor's actual last name?  Okay.  I forgot.

ETA--Let's hope that the surname is, indeed, no more than a coincidence.  Unless in issue 10 the title character mentions offhand

"My great uncle [Bartemius Batshit] Levesque passed away just recently. He was obsessed with magical power and wealth.  Power from the artifacts he collected consumed his body from the inside out, reducing him to ash.  Witnesses to the event say he died screaming in agony.  Along with his books, we found a horde of what appeared to be modified gems of various types.  My family deemed the stones, spellbooks, and other artifacts too dangerous to keep.  I "volunteered" to handle it.  So, I've been unloading them surreptitiously in various pockets of the international gray market."

Or something.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:55:06 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »

The art in this is great.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:51:45 pm »

True.  So, what's the opening guess?

Is she being controlled to be permanently horny?

Is she feigning it to control him?

Is she controlling him while being controlled herself?  All these seem possible, and it's been a long time since we had a female hypnotist in the comics.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15:05 pm »

Yep, knew it was a horror story.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »

Looking for Cronenberg. Not seeing him. Can't do Canadian Horror without Cronenberg.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 10:53:46 pm »

Just wanted to say that I loved this one.  The ending took me completely by surprise, and I am super curious to know what's going on.  I reread it again for clues, and there are all kinds of great hanging questions... the big one being, why on Earth is her bag full of cash?  And I'll call it now: I think the Skype sessions were the control mechanic, though I don't know by whom.

Daphne, if you were worried at all that there was no explicit MC in this one, don't be.  It was great.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 12:10:21 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:05:58 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »

Oh, misread by me...yet again. Roll EyesWink

Could this be Andy and Liz for the new millennium? (tm Forget ParisHuh

In case anyone cares about that reference here:

Andy and Liz are engaged couple having a rehearsal dinner (pre-rehearsal?) the night of a Knicks game in '95.  Andy's a sports reporter, Liz is a lawyer.  They had never met until Andy mistakenly faxed her something.  He was "one little number off" and they started fax/flirting which turned to dating, and then to...you get the idea.  Could this be what happened here in the age of the text?

Or Rage in Harlem fifty years later.  Hmm.

Well, that's an interesting set-up.

Her appetite for...life seems enhanced.  That's why I was looking for the MC trigger.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:46:16 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:00 pm »

Mysterious. I like that!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 07:58:43 am »

Is this in the hopper for spring?  It was a very interesting beginning.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 04:18:58 pm »

nice to hear that will restart soon.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: