Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:18:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stream #1  (Read 38711 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 04, 2010, 11:24:36 am »

In rainy, frightening Tamarind City, everything is for sale... if you have enough money. And Stream will help you find just what it is what you are looking for.

The new superhero/science fiction series: Art by PortalComic, written by Daphne!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:47:34 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:58:09 am »

Promising.  Portal Comic is your best artist.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:58:47 pm »

Slightly confused.  Stream is "April", the one that was kidnapped?  And then something was left behind ("pipes"?), MCing the other girl, Ash?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:09:20 pm »

No.  There are three women in the comic: Stream, Ash and April.  It looks to me as though Stream and Ash work together and have a relationship.  Ash is friends with April, who works for Gerald Thornton.  Thornton hired Simon Pangalos to enslave April, which he did, but his men left the brainwashing device behind and it wound up also enslaving Ash when she entered April's apartment.  April's neighbor Carter noticed the door open and discovered the newly-obedient Ash... presumably wacky hijinks will ensue.

I liked this comic -- the art style is attractive and a good match for the genre.  Keep 'em coming.
ruger
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:00:40 am »

I like it so far as well. There was still one part where the conversation balloons went from right to left and I had to guess from context who was really speaking when (it's that part with one of the girls taking about invoicing getting her hot). Not a big deal, sort of like a grammar or spelling issue it just breaks flow and pulls you out of the story a bit.

The hidden knowledge is still the best, but this one does look very promising. Here's hoping for more of each.

"Heyyyyyyy! Wait just a goddamn minute!!! This is a fucking KID'S BOOK!!! Why are adults reading this?!? What the fuck is WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!? Jesus Christ!!! A 759 PAGE CHILDREN'S BOOK!!! It's like Roald Dahl on METH!!!" - loservillex.com on Harry Potter
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:38:40 am »

There was still one part where the conversation balloons went from right to left [...]

It's because they speak Arabic in Tamarind City, and you are reading it in translation.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ruger
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 01:19:41 pm »

You have a very dry sense of humor Daphne.  Wink Roll Eyes

"Heyyyyyyy! Wait just a goddamn minute!!! This is a fucking KID'S BOOK!!! Why are adults reading this?!? What the fuck is WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!? Jesus Christ!!! A 759 PAGE CHILDREN'S BOOK!!! It's like Roald Dahl on METH!!!" - loservillex.com on Harry Potter
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 09:35:56 pm »

No.  There are three women in the comic: Stream, Ash and April.  It looks to me as though Stream and Ash work together and have a relationship.  Ash is friends with April, who works for Gerald Thornton.  Thornton hired Simon Pangalos to enslave April, which he did, but his men left the brainwashing device behind and it wound up also enslaving Ash when she entered April's apartment.  April's neighbor Carter noticed the door open and discovered the newly-obedient Ash... presumably wacky hijinks will ensue.

I liked this comic -- the art style is attractive and a good match for the genre.  Keep 'em coming.

Which two are the roommates on page 4?  Stream and Ash?  Is the girl we see on pages 8 and 9 April?  So there are three women in this comic?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 08:37:26 am »

On page 4: Stream and Ash.  Stream is the one in purple with short, grey hair.  Ash is the one with long hair who throws the knife.  The girl on pages 8 and 9 is April.  You can tell she isn't Stream because her hair is brown and differently styled; you can tell she isn't Ash because she's already enslaved and gone when Ash turns up in her apartment.
blackriver77
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

MCC Super Fan

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:44:30 am »

April's neighbor Carter noticed the door open and discovered the newly-obedient Ash... presumably wacky hijinks will ensue.

Daphne,

I wonder if its almost time for Ash to show us what a "good girl" she is??

Yippee ki yay!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 12:44:59 pm »

I'll try this and a PM, see if I get any movement.  Does PortalComic still work with the group?  Are there more scripts of Stream?  This seemed like it might be going somewhere.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 01:47:24 pm »

Does PortalComic still work with the group?

Uh, Portal does Hidden Knowledge. Smiley

It's currently on hiatus; we're not sure about its future!

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

Happy New Year!  Please consider either reviving this comic in your partnership with PortalComic or investigating the genre with another story at some point this year.Cheesy
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:15:08 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 05:27:02 am »

If this has been retired as one of the good ideas that just didn't pan out, may I campaign for a new strip that has superheroines in it?  If you wouldn't care to dip into that pool yourself, at the moment, I'd like to suggest maybe contacting mcguy101 about a comics adaptation (and possible spinoff) of his White Knight and Titmouse story.  I think several of your artists would do well by the material.  Plutonian and Octavia could do excellent work with it (though I'm loathe to suggest anything that would seriously eat into their available time to work on SJI).  Sturkwurk is efficient, prolific, and talented.  Maybe PortalComic would be interested.  Any of these would present tantalizing possibilities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: