Mind Control Comics Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 277: It's Complicated.  (Read 9385 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 09, 2014, 04:08:28 pm »

Coming Tuesday, March 11th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:18:50 am »

Is he gonna redose Amy with PC?  What is Bendo?
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 05:25:00 am »

Is he gonna redose Amy with PC?  What is Bendo?

It's the student health centre (or would you call it a Clinic?)....

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:02:21 am »

Why does Adrian say "meet you here" (i.e., the Bendo Health Centre) and then head off to Princess Pink?  Is he running some kind of misdirection ploy?

Or maybe he just meant to say "there".

I really love the distinction between how Amy's and Hayley's eyes are drawn and coloured in this episode.  In particular, Amy seems really spaced out (as appropriate, since she seems to acknowledge simultaneously that Adrian is her master and Vik is her fiancĂ©, and there is probably some kind of serious internal psychological suppression underway to keep those two things going at the same time.  Meanwhile, Hayley looks determined but confused.  Well done, artists.

Given how much is going on simultaneously in SJI right now, I can't help but shake the feeling that the past two issues' titles have been trolling the loyal readership.  Every issue seems to bring things both more clearly into focus as well as to introduce new elements to delight and confuse us.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:40:06 am »

When was I first supposed to have learned the name on the Health Center (which looks nothing like itself at night...which is odd, because one would figure that Marli or someone would be the attending on duty)?  Say, if they're at Bendo, why didn't Adrian take them to Marli?  She's a very competent nurse with a very high tolerance for multi-layered entanglements.  Also, Zenon is presumably still investigating what's happened at his office.  As such, why would the health center be completely deserted?  Could that be a side effect of belltower overdrive?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 10:51:35 am »

When was I first supposed to have learned the name on the Health Center

Issue 113.  No one would be on duty because it's not an emergency room, it's a campus health centre.  Taking Amy to Emergency would mean all sorts of unwanted inquiries - she was shot, after all, and presumably there's some pretty overwhelming interests on everyone's part to keep this whole thing hush-hush and make sure to keep the police out of things.

why didn't Adrian take them to Marli?

I'm guessing because, as a result of total luck, Amy was only slightly hurt by a bullet grazing her, they had access to the Bendo Health Centre, and Marli is already busy with stuff when they can take care of things themselves.

As such, why would the health center be completely deserted?

Middle of the night?  It's still a small campus in a small town, after all, and as employees both Amy and Hayley wouldn't necessarily attract suspicion, especially if one of them needed a bit of (relatively) minor first aid.

Just my take, of course.  The usual disclaimers (i.e., that I don't know anything about what's actually going on) apply.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 12:28:53 pm »

When was I first supposed to have learned the name on the Health Center

Issue 113.  No one would be on duty because it's not an emergency room,

There was also a fairly big reminder as recently as 261.

Marliese was apparently on duty at 2:20am in 144. But that wasn't a weekend, or a holiday weekend.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »

Marliese was apparently on duty at 2:20am in 144

Huh.  Never noticed that that said AM.  I always thought that was an afternoon visit to Marliese.  I think we need a ruling from the referee here - was that an error (hey, things happen) , or did that happen in the middle of the night?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »

AM.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 12:36:55 pm »

OK, given the ruling from on high, that's unlike any campus health centre I've ever known.  Curiouser and curiouser.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 12:37:42 pm »

OK, given the ruling from on high, that's unlike any campus health centre I've ever known.  Curiouser and curiouser.

Wilmot's an unusual college.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »

Wilmot's an unusual college.

Now you tell us...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: