Mind Control Comics Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:26:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 275: Shaking Like Milk.  (Read 45531 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 03, 2014, 01:20:22 am »

Tuesday, March 4th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:51:08 am »

Himm name a song.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:49 am »

Let's go to bed.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:29:47 pm »

From the song:

It couldn't be rain [Rain?] through the right doorway...

There is a slight possibility that I'm reading way too much into that lyric...
elbenton
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »

The Cure?  hmmmm
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 12:16:29 am »

Ok, so we have a partial explanation for how Danielle escaped from the New York harem, and what she's doing in town.  Some of the things we (and Adrian) think we know about the Watch may be wrong if Rain isn't a reliable source of information.  And the odds that Marliese is calling Rain on the phone just got a lot better.

I expect some major plot developments if and when Cherry and Rain get into the same room.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 01:30:47 am »

I think we were operating under the general understanding that the watch has no 'undo' function - and that trying to do so would only make things worse. 

If what Cherry's saying is true, I understand why she'd want to try. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 07:47:05 am »

Wow - great episode.  There is so, so much going on here, in terms of plot development, exposition of the plot's 'history', background conversations, etc.

1. Assuming we can take Cherry at her word - I believe at the very least that she believes what she's saying - Erin is (and has been) in even more danger than we supposed.  Dani was in fact sent in to retrieve her, but for some reason - Cherry thinks Jakob's lack of planning is why it failed - Dani lost her memory of the watch until she was 'activated' way back around issue 20.  Her motivation for having the watch fixed so that her life can be made right in some way seems pretty legitimate.  Her anxiety also reminds me of Claudia's, hoping that "he" (presumably Jakob) is dead, but she still seems stuck somehow after death.

2. "Rain is lying to you.  You're living in a 330 year old promise."  So Cherry (and presumably others) know about some kind of connection among Rain, the 2nd Earl of Rochester, the founding of Wilmot College, and some kind of centuries old plan.  That flashback to the 17th century seems all the more significant now.

3. Cherry was a whole lot more understanding when Danielle, after Adrian and she ended their last phone conversation, noted how much better Adrian was than Jakob, because Jakob never said that he loved her, nor that he adored her.  She sympathized with Dani, but is much more hostile to Erin when she talks about how Adrian isn't like that.

4.  Laura is on the phone, presumably with Kanti, Yves, or QBox. 

5.  I wonder what Marliese and Caitlyn are talking about?

Again - great episode, and another piece of great art.  The emotional expressions on all the characters' faces are top notch.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:14:51 am »

Actually, this makes me wonder why Claudia was trying to find Dani in the first place - she might have been the one who messed up Kuppler's plan to begin with.  Claudia's 'please let him be dead' bit - I wonder if Kuppler isn't dead but is, like, crippled, possibly paralyzed or brain damaged, and he or his agents were trying to acquire Erin to heal him. 

Anyway, good episode, this is about as good as it can get without actual MC being involved, art looks great, etc.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 12:32:52 pm »

"I'm surprised that Marliese never filled you in about the Watch. Or Rain didn't." Would Cherry be surprised about that if she thought Rain was lying to them? Maybe she was being sarcastic though.

It may be worth noting that the only one of the possible outcomes that made reference to Rain was the worst of the three. But we probably shouldn't read much into that.

"You're lucky you're alive." Just what did Derek find in the Wall Street apartment that smelled so bad?

What definitely rings true in Cherry's version of events is the possible answer it provides to the long-standing question as to why Claudia believed that the watch and the girl who knew how to use it were in Kearsarge. But Claudia must still have been in the dark on the details - i.e. who it was that Dani was sent in to get.

Perhaps Dani was some kind of sleeper agent waiting to be activated. Though it isn't clear why she would need to be unknowingly undercover (a bit like that, you know, Echo character off that, you know, TV show thing). Were the rest of the harem members made to forget who she was too - thus rendering Claudia unable to identify her? Anyway such an arrangement might make the whole plan with Zenon and Derek a deliberate attempt to make happen whatever was supposed to happen in the first place.

We're expecting Zenon to make a move in that regard at some point. I suppose this isn't it. Although this did start pretty soon after Derek identified Dani.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 01:19:43 pm »

all three you say it all

first is to start with Doctor and Derek on the hunt

then Danielle Start New harem

Pink cloud

clock tower Whole collage

it took SJI-I 156 to find out that which girl had the watch.

Who is Right Rain or Cherry- who going win - together ?

Rain give Adrian a computer files to read.

so find out that Danielle and Erin have Nightmare.

Danielle was sent to find Erin ? why

Cherry is try very hard to break the Mind control of the watch!!

How many time that Danielle was under the Watch?
Maybe three or more?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:40:43 pm by laguna85 » Logged
darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 02:33:20 pm »

Cherry is a lying bitch.   She wants the power for herself. she wants them at her feet worshipping those enormous breasts and haughty attitude.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 03:01:24 pm »

Rain give Adrian a computer files to read.

From what she said, we have no reason to believe that Rain wasn't telling Adrian to download some sheet music for his guitar practice.

first is to start with Doctor and Derek on the hunt

then Danielle Start New harem

It is worth looking again at that whole idea of the contest between Adrian and Derek. Por Una Cabeza (21). All that old ground: Adrian sends Dani to Zenon; Adrian makes an excuse to pick Dani up from Student Health. And at the moment that Derek is whispering the trigger in Dani's ear, someone who might be Rain is changing Marliese's plans for the evening.

Adrian stole Dani away from Derek at the crucial moment. Derek didn't know that this was the crucial moment - that this was the crucial girl. Pre "The Conversation" did Adrian know it? Regardless, it appears that someone who might be Rain knew it.

We're aware that Adrian's harem has some pretty special women in it. But three of these women came from Derek's harem. If we believe that Rain possibly engineered a kick-ass harem, then were Zenon and Derek effectively doing a similar thing? Would every woman Zenon gave therapy to respond to Derek's trigger, or just some of them?

Cherry is a lying bitch.

That is quite possible. I must say, I could live with her enslaving them and having them worship her enormous breasts. Just for a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: