Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:18:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 262: Work Order.  (Read 12085 times)
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 01:41:17 pm »

My point is that there's a difference between knowing how to maintain or fix the watch -- even having actually done so -- and a compulsion to do so.  We have some evidence to support Danielle having the knowledge, and of having used it in the past, but none to support her having a compulsion to keep the watch in good working order.  If anything, #208 suggests she does not have such a compulsion.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 02:50:53 pm »

It's a fair assumption that Julian represents the group that ran Dani over. (We all know that Kupplers runneth over, but perhaps he really is dead and this group is seeking to continue his work. J Pichler and J Kuppler are not a million miles apart though.) Only that group and the SJI bunch know that the watch is broken. And it seems that even  that group is relying on Dani to fix it. I think it's a fair assumption that that's a woman's hand in that panel in 227. So who else can it be but Dani? As I say, it looks to me like it's drawn from a first-person perspective. That suggests to me that it represents what Dani is thinking - or dreaming. And the only prompting for that thought would have been the knowledge that the watch is broken - no one had suggested up to that point that Dani might fix the watch.

There's a fair amount of assumption and interpretation in that. I'm not saying that it proves anything. But 227 must represent something - or things. I wouldn't have used the word compulsion - ultimately I was just saying she may not be averse to doing it. But I think she may actually want to do it. That's what I figured 227 is telling us. But as Haight suggested, it may be her nightmare instead.

Regardless, Julian knows she can fix it. And Adrian doesn't say: "You think I'd just give it back to you?"; he says: "You think I'm going to just give it back to you?" So I guess Julian knows she's going to fix it.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:26 pm »

After take another look Julian said "I will be back for it."
So they need Dani put the red shell back in the watch.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: