Mind Control Comics Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:25:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 233: All My Sins Remembered.  (Read 12619 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 16, 2013, 04:10:57 pm »

Friday, October 18th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:27:18 am »

And now Hamlet.  Hmmmm.  Too many theories, not enough to go on.  As if that's new.  Given the continuing Shakespeare quotes, I'll go out on a limb and guess that the figure in the shadows is someone - or something - from Erin's past.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:34:44 am »

Please look at top of page and see SJI episode 232 All My Sins Remembered

Is it Episode 233 ?
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »

Is that Rain?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 12:21:20 pm »

I think Rain is supposed to be with Adrian right now.  Also, we've been given zero indication that Erin would react that way to seeing Rain walk towards her.  Also, the hair doesn't seem like Rain's.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »

Yeah, but do you think it's Rain...?

The pop-up quote is to do with gifts you've received from someone being devalued when you realize you don't like that person much. Or something like that.

Perhaps this is the person Erin owes her magical abilities to. Erin doesn't seem pleased to see her at any rate.

If we've seen her before at all then the only candidate I could put forward would be the buxom wench from g2. But the hair's all wrong.

Erin's mother? Grandmother? If this is the mysterious figure from 232 then we already know what big eyes she's got.

Anyway, here we go 2-3-4...
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »

Isn't it kind of implied that Erin's the sole survivor of some horrible magical accident, possibly involving that satyr thing we saw in the other guest page?  If this is the blond from g2, then of course Erin would be surprised to see her... but we don't know enough details to tell.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 01:16:30 am »

More thinking aloud, but vaguely in response to that:-

My rough assumption has been that g10 is the result of "that Dianic thing on Wednesday" mentioned in g2. Certainly what's left of Erin's attire in g10 is more consistent with her Wiccan garb in 198 than with her clothes in g2. So the exact implications of "sole survivor" are hard to assess, as we don't know who else was there.

g10 could show Erin fleeing the scene and leaving another trapped woman to her fate. Or it could show someone else fleeing the scene and leaving Erin trapped. Or it could show Erin fleeing but becoming trapped.

The title may suggest that Erin has a guilty secret. But then the full quote really means remember me in your prayers - i.e. pray for me.

It seems that maybe Erin gave up on the Wicca thing following g10. But she returned from her rehearsal on Friday night in the mood for a quick kiss with Réka and with a sudden urge to don her pentacle. And the very next day she's called upon to save Dani's life and to produce a blood monster (that's the correct name; there's no need for anyone to check that). In SJI it doesn't seem right to assume that people are acting of their own volition. It feels to me like Erin is under an influence that isn't Rain and isn't the watch.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 08:54:39 am »

And that third influence is somehow tied to Pink Ponytail or Angry Goth Man?  I think her comfort wearing the pentacle, might indicate a level of contentment and spiritual healing that has allowed her to release some of her anger and embrace the entirety of herself and her gifts again.

There are multiple ways to read the Mauling in Missouri.  My take was always that Erin's friends did something (particularly the smirker) that set the beast after her on her way home, and she barely escaped.  That it was not only the physical trauma, panic and stress from fleeing from the...whatever it was...but the emotional trauma of being betrayed by one or more of the people in her close circle of friends just before she left for college that caused her to build those defensive walls of rage and cynicism that the harem experience has begun to break down.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 02:02:42 pm »

My suspicion has been that the third influence is coming from within the theatre group. Daphne has indicated that this ties in with her own interests - and maybe that's the only reason we're being introduced to these people. Or maybe not. I don't know.

I simply can't see a massive difference between the Erin in g2 and the Erin we first met. Or the Erin in g3 comforting Dani after her nightmare. She's defensive with people she doesn't know, and we first met her the first time she met Adrian. I can see that the watch could perhaps have given her the confidence to pursue her interest in Raven. And maybe that had something to do with the kiss with Réka, whom we know little about. And maybe the pentacle has some kind of association with that side of her sexuality. But I don't know.

I assume Pink Ponytail is a face from her past. Maybe Erin has her own Rain. Maybe she's about to be warned about the consequences of her actions.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 07:48:21 am »

The Erin we first meet has turned belligerence and snark into a defense mechanism.  She also drinks to the edge of consciousness to prevent connecting with people (even her roommates).  It's almost like she's learning how to build a Jacqui blackwall of intimidation (though hers has more snark than punches).  Adrian begins to win her trust by degrees, it's unclear what would have happened if the Watch hadn't intervened.

My point about this is that the current Erin is a lot more like g2 Erin (but more experienced and confident, and secure).  She uses snark, but it's an endearment.  She has fun, enjoys flirtation and connection.  g2 Erin had a circle of friends she thought she trusted, but something about the Attack of the Thing traced back to those friends, so she feels not only traumatized but betrayed.  Just my read on it, and of course, I'm mostly likely a minimum of 90% wrong.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 11:21:40 am »

All I'd offer up to counter that is that we're seeing Erin amongst a bunch of friends here in the theatre group and we have no evidence that anyone has noticed a change in her character. And I got the impression that they were all drinking to excess in the earliest episodes.

I don't disagree with the general idea that Erin is happier. Her issues with trust have been lifted from her. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that her freedom to be jealous regarding Adrian and other women has been forcibly removed from her. How positive a spin you want to place on that is up to you. But there's no reason to think she's a significantly better judge of character now than she was in g2.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »

I'm not claiming she's a better judge of character, I'm just claiming that this circle should be more secure (as far as relationships go).  With the theatre group, I suppose we'll both have to wait for more information.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 08:06:40 am »

My search for Sawyer (I completely forgot where we last saw him, led me to Cait's adventure at his club and the immediate aftermath).  I noticed a delicious detail in this episode for the very first time.  Erin is wearing what I assume is a T-Shirt reading "The Earl's Women."  Is that the name of the Theater group at Wilmot?  Since presumably they HAD a drama or theater department before the college went co-ed?  Also, given that we have some background hints that Cavanaughs are the distant heirs of the Earl whose legacy founded the school, this could have a very interesting double meaning.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:24 pm »

Shakespeare belonged to a company called The Lord Chamberlain's Men, and subsequently The King's Men. I assume it's an appropriation of that, possibly for comedic effect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: