Mind Control Comics Forum
September 30, 2024, 12:33:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 203: Quoth the Raven  (Read 43475 times)
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 01:45:24 pm »

Oh, I don't think Raven's reaction wasn't reasonable. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »

Raven's reaction is logical, except for the open relationship stuff. She's an other woman too. Well, kind of.

Well, people are often not completely rational in affairs of the heart. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 02:12:21 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:03:26 am by GodWilling » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:04 pm »

Wait one thing. 

"When I want your opinion of your relationship with Adrian, you'll keep it to yourself."

Shouldn't that be "Until..."?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

"When I want your opinion of your relationship with Adrian, you'll keep it to yourself."

The dialogue balloons in this episode accurately reflect what Erin said.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

That's... actually kind of funny.  I know it's a running joke that Erin has a temper, but that was pretty harsh. 

Erin just had a near-death experience, though, and someone likely wants to kill some people she's very close to, so being on edge makes sense.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 02:49:21 pm »

Looks like the sentence structure is meant to reflect Erin's irritation. She's so mad by the end that she goes for vehemence over clarity.  The other implication is that until Erin wants her opinion, Raven shouldn't even have one.

Raven's take can be seen as amusing because she doesn't know about The Watch, New York, Derek, Zenon, Q, Pink Clouds, or the belltower.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:57:37 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 02:49:41 pm »

And so it seems like we're being invited to laugh at her too.

Not at all, I assure you. I strongly encourage the readership to have their own opinion on how irrational or not Raven is being.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 02:55:31 pm »

Raven actually seems like the voice of the readership just after the arsenal was first revealed.  By the by, is this another three episode week, or did the calendar hotlink reflect an expected delay in the release of the current issue?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 02:57:43 pm »

Raven actually seems like the voice of the readership just after the arsenal was first revealed.  By the by, is this another three episode week, or did the calendar hotlink reflect an expected delay in the release of the current issue?

The latter, sorry for any disappointment. Smiley

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:03:39 am by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:03:47 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »

Um, obviously not all of us.  As the readership we can see a myriad of threats, some the cohorts are aware of (Derek, The Kuplers, The Driver), some they only vaguely perceive (Q, Pink Clouds, Zenon's systematic "treatment program," Rain), some they haven't run into yet (the Belltower, Claudia's reorganized New York Harem, The Cavanaugh Legacy).  The Driver raised the stakes (even for folks not aware of Kupler) so, those members of the cohort comfortable with guns decided to use them as tools of defense and intimidation.  It's interesting that Erin and Adrian were initially surprised and just rolled with it but Mallory, Jacqui, and Dani were active, and Caitlyn seems completely comfortable with the escalation.  We've seen some things in Erin and Mallory's backgrounds that would indicate familiarity with high-pressure, high-danger situations, and Dani's an Air Force brat.  However, we know nothing about Caitlyn except that

1. She's self-conscious about her weight, and
2. Her membership on the Mantis Squad has changed her physical form.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:36 pm »

Well, you know Caitlyn's a cheerleader, she's on the chess team, she's a Poli Sci major...

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »

Apologies.  We haven't seen the fruit of her membership on the chess team or her major.  She's an interesting bundle of contradictory attributes, but none of the ones we know would appear to indicate comfort or savvy with firearms
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: