Mind Control Comics Forum
September 30, 2024, 12:19:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 202: The Council  (Read 12038 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 07, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »

Coming Tuesday, July 9th! *

* It might be late. Right now, I'm in Florence, Italy (yeah, I know, rough life), and I'm scheduled to fly back to San Francisco tomorrow. However, the two main arrival runaways at SFO are closed right now due to the Asiana crash, and if they're not back open... well, my travel plans may be a bit fluid. It'll be up as soon as it can be!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:25:38 pm »

Drink lots of Grappa while you wait!  Have a great flight.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »

Safe Travel.

So, this is probably the meeting that takes place after they finish loading the first part of their arsenal.  Of them all, I'd have said that only Jacqui struck me as someone who would be familiar with firearms--clearly, I was mistaken.Wink
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:44:36 am »

If Danis father were in the Royal Canadian air force, he would at the very least be familiar with whatever sidearm officers wear while deployed, and Mal is from the deep south where firearm ownership just might be valued more than freedom of speech or um logic, so she could have experience as well.  
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:58:35 pm »

Being a military brat or a Southern belle doesn't guarantee familiarity with firearms.  I suppose that does give us a sliver of a possibility for Dani and Mal though.

Okay, having seen this, four questions leap to mind.

1. Why is htere a question mark at the end of Dani's greeting to Raven?  Does she not recognize her?  Has the stress of the evening begun to tell on our favorite barista?

2. Who's Mallory going to ask?  Rain?  If not Rain, then who?

3. Why does Jacqui assume that Sawyer already knows about this?  How many side businesses does he have?

and

4. Why is Rain the only one to flip out about the guns...and where did they come from?  Late night Walmart run?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:58:09 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:59:53 am »

I like how determined both Jacqui and Mallory are in this sequence.  Keeping perspective while in a crisis is kind of hot, especially in women like that.

I especially like the choice of musical quote - both for its appropriateness to the situation, but also because these are pretty clearly lovers in a dangerous time.  Also, the next line of the song makes me hopeful that the next issue might bring a bit of a respite from the grim determination of everyone here, even though I'm (as usual) fascinated with the plot.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 06:46:00 am »

Thanks to google we find out that the Sig is what the Canadian air force uses as a pistol.  Though i'm
guessing they don't let you keep guns when you leave.

lovers in a dangerous time sung originally by Bruce Cockburn (Yes his real name.)
Great song.

As for Sawyer, he probably has an in with every shady car dealer & chop shop in town (all three of them!)  It is a pretty small town.  Someone will have talked & Sawyer is the one to find out.  Its either that or ask someones mother at the salon.  They always have the best gossip.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 07:46:35 am »

Late night Walmart run?

Dunno about the SIG, but you definitely cannot find Holland & Holland guns at WalMart.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 08:58:08 am »

Bruce Cockburn (Yes his real name.)

Pronounced, incidentally, "Coe-burn".  As a good Canadian, I knew how to pronounce his name well before I ever saw it spelled out.  One forgets to 'see' the component parts phonetically after a while.

Also:  bad idea to upset the man.  One of his best known songs is "If I Had a Rocket Launcher".
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

Bad joke.  I know that they do sell guns and ammo at Walmart..and I didn't see a guns and ammo outlet anywhere on the Kearsage main drag.  I know that they can be as hardy up north as down south, but I had no idea where they could have bought guns that quickly given where they were.  None of the residents of the SJI appeared to have a designated gun locker or gun drawer in any of their rooms before this, and I gather these aren't all Jacqui's personal weapons cache, so what gives?

More importantly, who has The Watch now, and does it still work?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 12:10:32 pm »

Why is htere a question mark at the end of Dani's greeting to Raven?

Say "Hello, Raven?" with appropriate rising inflection and considering the context of someone just walking into a room and bursting into hysterics, and I think it will become clear. Smiley

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:57:16 am by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »

On the surface it's a pretty big leap that everyone has made here, isn't it?

Thinking about this further, I'm not sure it is.  They have in their possession a remarkably powerful device whose power is known to them (even if they don't entirely know how to use it).  They are discovering that Dani is way more screwed up than they thought, with an unknown past, and is terrified of the watch being used on her again.  A mysterious figure in their lives has warned them that something bad is coming and they have to prepare for it.  On a deserted road, in the dark, an unknown individual or individuals tried to murder at least one of them, and clearly would have succeeded but for Erin's intervention.  They also have come into contact with at least one evil mind controller, Derek, who, they were lucky to find out, was an idiot.

In short, they know something very bad is going on, but don't know the extent of it, or the players they're up against.

If you put these elements together, I think they're justified in going into armed camp mode.

Edited to add: in 203, are we going to be dazzled by the beauty of it all?  Or is Erin going to kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight?  (Seems like something she'd be good at doing.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:18:48 pm by Werdna » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 02:08:01 pm »

Dani coming within a couple seconds of getting murdered warrants a strong defensive reaction, but I'd have thought a spectacular security system and mace and tasers for each of the girls would have covered it.  It appears the first cohort thought about which gun they preferred

"shotgun, handgun, or semi-automatic?"

I suppose I should be relieved no one has a long-gun yet.  Maybe that's Adrian's specialty.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:59:28 am by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: