Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:20:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 194: Talk Later.  (Read 18031 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 16, 2013, 09:11:35 am »

Coming Tuesday, June 18th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »

Not a confidence-inspiring title.  Seems like either a thread flip to whoever was driving the car, to Coates and the riled up anime cheerleaders, Q's Den of Schemes, or Kanti's attempt to break in to the SJI looking for Adrian's stash of Pink Clouds.

By the by, what happened to The Watch?  Are we to assume because most of the damage was to Dani's head and legs that The Watch itself which was hanging in front of her was spared being crushed by the impact with the pavement after the hit-and-run driver slammed into Dani?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:49:52 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:47:19 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:30 am »

Perhaps it'll be all the missing speech bubbles from 121.

Sadly, no.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 07:47:42 am »

Yes Erin Have magic power
What more can she do? Grin
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:08 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:47:33 am by GodWilling » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:16 pm »

I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation for what we saw.

In a universe where magic exists, the belief in magic is perfectly rational.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 12:46:15 pm »

Erin Have magic power

I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation for what we saw.

Echinacea.

Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:17 pm »

I look at what Erin did and think back to the character: Raven
From the DC comic: "The Teen Titans".  Not to be confused with the anime style tv series. The comic book
Character was far darker and grittier.
The character could remove sickness/drain pain from others into herself.

Which brings me back to the image of Erin with Raven
And that they could be called An unkindness or a congress of Ravens.
I would also guess that if Erin had a spiritual totem it would be either
Sapphic, Phallic, or a Raven.

With Erin's study of Wicca, this might be part of a life saving( to be seen) spell
that Erin managed to pull off; but as everybody knows; No magic is ever free.

That is not to say that wearing a religious symbol instantly imbues a person with magic powers.
In this day and age if that were true, we'd all be in trouble... Go go Jesus powers , I call on the Star of David, Buddha protect me, the pagans call on the green man & goddess  and the agnostics scream " Whoever is  out there listening Help Me!!!"

But I'd go with Erin & magic for the win.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:10:41 pm by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 02:11:08 pm »

It does look like Erin and magic, but I'd comment that Erin's totem/symbl appears to be the pentacle.

However, I'm left with a question.  They're miles from anywhere in a cell dead zone and no car.  Dani's bleeding out from various wounds.  Adrian wants to leave to call an ambulance, but Erin has him sit down and take Dani's hand as she urgently prepares to do something.  And then--the next thing Adrian remembers is Erin in an excruciating amount of pain, bleeding profusely and cursing with Dani sitting up with a scream but totally physically fine.  Is Adrian lying?  Is he deliberately omitting something he can't describe, or did whatever spell or mojo or whatever Erin invoked take his memory of that moemnt as part of the power to heal Dani?

By the by--WTH is "and that's how I found them." supposed to mean?  I found Dani next to Erin in such and such pose after I called the ambulance?  Is he claiming he wasn't present for the healing itself?  Neither seems to make any sense.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:16:10 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 03:00:57 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:49:24 am by GodWilling » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 04:30:37 pm »

While we know that Pink Clouds is based on hard science because Q is a well-hard scientist, I'm assuming that the watch is magic until we've had it explained.

Given that SJI takes place in the same universe as "The Hidden Knowledge" I think we can be pretty confident that magic exists.  At least, the book in THK seems way more likely to be magical than technological.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 04:53:02 pm »

Adrian is not lying, nor omitting anything of substance in his story.

Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:13 am »

Ok so Adrian & Dani got Jedi mind tricked/men in black'ed.  Was it Erin with the watch, Erin with magic? Was it the person that picked them up and drove them to the hospital?

Was there a reference to there being no phone reception between the airport and town?

So many questions.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:56:09 am by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:36 pm »

I mentioned the lack of cell service because it would indicate that after whatever Erin did (that we haven't seen yet), her need would be pretty urgent, but Adrian would have to go hunting for a spot with good reception.  Remember, when Dani got hit, his instinct was to call an ambulance, but he had no signal.  He was going to leave to find a better spot, but Erin stopped him and sat him down on Dani's other side while she...did whatever it was she did to heal Dani.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: