Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 12:22:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 20: Version Control  (Read 22004 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 06, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »

Coming Friday, June 7th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:35:02 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:41:57 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:38:18 am »

So, what? Huh This is a fantasy that she's trying to repress or ignore, or it's evidence that Vik's version of the perfume is more user-friendly than Pink Clouds?  Vik's version leaves a bit of a headache. Pink Clouds apparently leaves a migraine aftereffect.  Which brings us to...what exactly was he caught doing that got him a prison sentence, if cavorting with Annie wasn't it?

Also, outside of this incident, who's Annie and where is she now?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 11:44:27 am »

This has been a really interesting series of guest issues; I think we've actually now got a lot of insight into Jacqui (who hasn't even been in the past two) and Q, as well as a little bit into Miriam's character as well.

I am left with more questions, but they are entirely new ones: How did this series of events result in Pearl's much greater interest in Judaism (if at all)?  How much did Q use Pink Clouds, and how did he get into trouble?  What, exactly, does Pink Clouds do, and how long do the effects last?  (Obviously, suggestibility is one result, but as GodWilling points out, this looks like memory loss as well.)

Thanks for these guest pages.  It will be interesting to see if and how our understanding of the main plot develops with future Jacqui/Q/Miriam episodes.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 11:59:01 am »

Well, Vik's user-friendly version of Pink Clouds results in lost time.  The subject listens to instruction, wakes up and acts on it without being aware that her actions are part of instruction and the aftereffect seems to be a headache (sometimes mild, sometimes moderate).  It seems that the original version of Pink Clouds resulted in a greater amount of lost time and had more severe side effects (Pearl complains of a migraine).

I always got the sense that Pearl diving farther into Judaism and changng her name were an act of rebellion or revenge against Jacqui for the rift in their relationship.  Initially I thought it was because Jacqui chose to "shoot the messenger" when Q's mask was first removed, but it could also be Pearl's response to the trauma of exposure to Pink Clouds.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:37 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:42:37 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 05:33:46 pm »

Just a note that Pearl may not be using the term "migraine" with precision, since she's not (ed.) familiar with them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:55:44 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 08:55:12 am »

She's not familiar with them.  Okay.   Still, her reaction to the headache part seemed more extreme than either Laura or Kanti.

Also, simple solution on the memory erasure.  Subjects follow instructions given to them in the sudden stillness of the perfume.  Maybe he told her to forget what she saw and planted the replacement memory in its place...or placed the urge and then had her act it out.  Tough to tell which lines he's willing to cross and which ones he's not.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:06:57 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 09:18:14 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:42:53 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:53 am »

Oh, she's not dead just yet.  Maybe Tuesday, but I hope not.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 10:55:40 am »

If Daphne lives up to her usual standards of cruelty I expect Tuesday's comic to be an update on the status of Hitomi's virginity, or perhaps a drop-in on Amy and Hayley.

Two other quick thoughts from the guest arc.  First, it's possible that the bad blood between Jacqui and Pearl is based on a misunderstanding.  In #93 Jacqui complains that "I'm her fucking mother.  She should bring that stuff to me first."  But it's quite possible that Pearl didn't because she literally didn't remember.

Second, we know that the use of Pink Clouds is associated with people reporting headaches.  In current time, Q may have heard reports of lots of headaches in Kearsage.  They're mostly from the device under the college, but he doesn't know that.  No wonder he's convinced there's a large-scale Pink Clouds abuser running around!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 01:23:07 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:43:11 am by GodWilling » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 01:44:24 pm »

I'd have suggested you ask Dani if she weren't quite, quite dead.

You sir are a very mean man !!!!

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 02:08:09 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:43:28 am by GodWilling » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 12:22:45 am »

No one will be happier than I if she comes through this.

But I didn't think of having a car run her over, nor did I draw the car or add the colour. You all helped to kill her...

***Hangs head in shame***

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: