Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 02:35:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 17: Visitation Rites  (Read 22444 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 26, 2013, 07:39:24 pm »

Coming Tuesday, May 28th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 01:50:46 pm »

Who are the guest artists this time around?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 04:10:02 pm »

Who are the guest artists this time around?

Oops! MB and Sorenka are doing the full run until PK's return.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:09:56 am »

So this is early '07 that we're looking at?  Pearl is somewhere between 23 and 24 currently?  And the whole "Miriam" thing was a reaction to the trauma of whatever got Q-box busted?  Confusing.  Intersting, but confusing...as ever.

Incidentally, I know the title is a play on words, but aren't we referring more to "rights" than "rites" here?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:56:12 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:14:14 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:43:43 pm »

Actually, that's an old trait of hers that we broke with Forget Something? Part 2.  She had this armor of sort of wounded sarcasm and bitterness that was an imposing wall of black that blocked out her (gorgeous) face.  Maybe this is all a reaction to Q-Box, because frankly, this guest page is more like Gilmore Girls the Punk Rock Edition than an angst disaster.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 11:42:32 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:14:24 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:08 am »

Maybe this is all a reaction to Q-Box

The thing that most struck me about these two guest strips is how happy and together Jacqui is, contrasted with her early appearances in the main SJI storyline.  She is combative in both, though playfully (with Q and Pearl) in the issues set years earlier, and angrily afterwards.  It reminds me of the Erin depicted with her school buddies (pre-Wilmot) vs early, angry Erin, actually.

I think Q must have used Pink Clouds on Jacqui, possibly (probably?) extensively, warping her in the process.  MC done by the bad guys seems to result in psychic scarring (for lack of a better word) - we see that with Dani, for example, as well as with Laura (to some extent, I would argue), and we still don't know exactly what happened to Erin.  I think Jacqui's change in personality from these strips to the early SJI issues is a result of similar mental trauma.

Adrian's mind control over his harem is curative of the other forms of MC, and is helping to restore these people to a version of themselves that's happier and better adjusted.

Just my latest crackpot theory, expressed badly.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:30:26 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:14:43 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:57:18 pm »

Well, maybe not "happy", but definitely, i don't know, less angry?  Erin's early descriptions of Jacqui, and her behaviour, is hardly like the person we see here - in a good relationship with her daughter, in a relationship with Q where they are both pursuing their interests and (apparently) trying to work how things can work out for them.  The Jacqui we see in the shadows of the early comic punches out Derek (for good reason) and Erin acts as though this is just a standard kind of thing, with a scary boss who is willing to do that to people who piss her off.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 03:55:17 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:14:58 pm by GodWilling » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 11:48:47 am »

Not sure why but I haven't been able to see the comic images on either my pc or PK's PC for a couple of months - I see the front pages but not the actual pages...just a mean little X where my image should be (same on PK's computer)...

So, I haven't read any of the guest pages and have just 'guessed' what's the story Smiley

I think you are right, GW...strong women don't admire neediness in a man...I have to say though, I'm not sure Jacqui is strong. She's very needy herself and aggressive rather than assertive  - I don't know if I think any of the women in the Infirmary are 'strong' in my sense of the word...but maybe that's a debate for another time....

I wish I could see the pages Sad

I should point out that I have no input into the story and have no idea of plots past, present or future Smiley Just an interested observer....also looking forward to PK's return x

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 02:04:04 pm »

So, I haven't read any of the guest pages and have just 'guessed' what's the story Smiley

Customer service is just an email away. Smiley

OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 02:27:09 pm »

Customer service is just an email away. Smiley

Oh...I don't think it's to do with the site, D...I think it's more likely to do with a compatibiity issue or having my settings changed when my PC decided to download and install IE10...or something....

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 03:41:48 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:39:54 am by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: