Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 04:14:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 16: At the Five Points  (Read 8873 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 21, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

Line art by MB, colors by Sorenka. Coming Friday, May 24th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:21:52 am »

Well, Sorenka was responsible for the Missouri flashbacks, so maybe something to give us hope that Erin isn't just giving up in the current situation?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:16:18 am »

That was my thought too, jmundt - Five points of a Wiccan pentagram, maybe?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:19 am »

Nope.  Sadly, this is a reference to the Five Points neighborhood in NYC, and it's Jacqui (who seriously should know better) and the freakin' Q-ball.  Apparently, their relationship predated her purchase of Deep Black Vinyl.  Only two things of lasting interest here.  First, Jacqui's normal self in love and Jacqui's "watch self" in love sound just about exactly the same.  This could toll in Adrian's favor, or it could indicate that the Q-ball was doing something nefarious "six years ago."  Second thing, is our red flag for the weekend.  Q-Box is already familiar with Kearsage before Jacqui moves there, but this doesn't seem like a passing familiarity (oh, isn't that the college town of that place I tried to get into and couldn't?), it seems like more than that.  So, what's going on there?  Also, he went from a chemist at Dow to a chemist and grunt at some fly-by-night cosmetics company?  Did he at least apply for a teaching position at Wilmot?  Seems like he'd get serious consideration as an adjunct faculty in the chemistry department with his graduate and workplace resumee.

Oh, and one more thing--no scar.  So, is the scar from his time locked up, or from whatever the inciting incident was that got him arrested?

ETA--Pop-up text is currently missing.

A follow-up question--Is that Hans (Sawyer's bodyguard/companion) sitting in that cab honking his horn? Huh
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:04:59 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:18 am »

OK, I'm embarrassed about avoiding the obvious in the title because I was so focused on possible metaphors or allusions that I didn't think it would be something as literal as what that title turned out to be.

Also, beautiful art; I'm so glad we get SJI while the usual artists are taking their break.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:10 am »

Pop-up text is currently missing.

Fixed!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:09:08 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:10:28 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: