Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 07:17:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 145: Some Context.  (Read 26124 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

Should we talk about the black form-fitting jackets both Jacqui and Erin are wearing? Wink Grin
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 12:21:16 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:51:50 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 01:53:15 pm »

Sisterhood of the big boobs & form fitting latex jackets!

Echo( I just know there is a future pun callback title/ hidden text or
Twelve lined up for that name) breaks up with Adrien,  he does the wild search for the girl thing
Or suddenly he gets a call from his old man.   " Son I can't talk long.  We haven't spoken in the years since you caught me with your Gym teacher Mr Xxx.  But it is important you listen to me.  Leave New York right now!  It is not safe!  Do not look for her. You are in grave danger!!!... Oh And um by the way..why not check out Wilmont  college while you are running away.  It's rebound central.  You'll love it!!!  Have fun" Smiley.* Click.*

You never know.... Or Dani is starting to get memories back and use
The watch to have fun with the other girls clothes and or behavior Wink

Or this is all the fault of Old Man Caruthers ( and he woulda got away with if it weren't
For that orgy/harem of pesky kids!)... Replace Ravens collar with a Scooby Do replica just for one episode pleeeze .
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »

Actually Jacqui's been wearing that coat since she got lunch at that diner.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 04:15:16 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:51:38 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »

Our fearless author has a great sense of humor, but troweling on the sarcasm like that is sucking around for another buning window graphic.Wink
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 05:31:29 pm »

some of it may have taken place in a different month, year, or decade.

Be nice. Smiley

Really, it's just that two things moving in parallel may not be in lockstep chronologically. We try to play fair with time, but sometimes things do jump around.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:53 pm »

get picked up by Amy and Laura and go with them back to Amy's for a night of hot cocoa and biscuits.

Goodwill you make hot cocoa and biscuits sound so erotic! Wink
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 12:34:09 am »

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the discussion, do we actually know that Echo is the girlfriend who dumped Adrian right before his trip to Kearsage or are we just assuming it?  In #14, Erin and Adrian have the following exchange:

E: So, you had a bad breakup, and you moved here.
A: Not much else to tell.
E: Why'd she dump you?
A: Dunno.  Didn't explain.
E: Well, what did she say?
A: Not much.  She called from her new boyfriend's.
E: Oh, ouch.
A: He was doing her at the time.

I'm not sure that story is entire consistent with his description in #145 of his breakup with Echo as "One weird voicemail, never saw her again."

Two brutal breakups would be a bit of a coincidence, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the timelines to align if we assume that there was only one.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 03:27:35 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:51:24 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 07:31:21 am »

Actually, the timelines line up better if bad breakups happened to him twice.  He got a weird voicemail from Echo breaking up with him just before his plane out of New York was supposed to leave.  He went through the stages of coping.   He found someone else.  He threw himself completely into the realtionship to try to prevent a second heartbreak.   New Girlfriend felt stifled or got bored, or crashed into the hypnosis orbit, and he had a second, uglier breakup.  At this point Papa Cavanaugh steps in with a suggestion and a course catalogue.

Looking back at the early days, I have a question and a comment.

The question--In "Be It Resolved" (ep. 13) who does Derek have the idiotic arrogance to blow off over the phone when he has Laura and Caitlyn at his rattrap of a house?  I find it hard to believe that even Derek would call Dr. C "Dude."  Then again, it is Derek.

My brief comment--Much has been made in the last couple of months about Adrian's Christmas gift to Dani in Episode 12 (the gratis therapy session for stress relief).  However, it should be noted that at the time, Dani is unemployed and they require four paychecks to pay rent and utilities on the SJI comfortably.  Furthermore, most of September, all of October, all of November, and most of December had gone by without her finding a job; thus stretching three paychecks (a campus librarian and two for very minor ducats at Dep Black Vinyl) to the breaking point.  Even if Dani was outwardly chill, I'm sure it had started to make Erin a little snarly.  It's more than possible that Dani could have been feeling some stress about that situation, and so the gift wasn't...y'know, totally out of left field.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:37:43 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 12:04:27 pm »

Claudia told Derek it would be a while before she contacted him again after the mess he made in Kearsarge, but it didn't appear to be very long at all.

This is true. As Macmillan was reputed to have said, "Events, my dear boy, events."

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:13 pm »

As for how everyone pays the bills?   Until the characters start mentioning it, I see it as an ignorable plot point... one easily fixed with the line: ..."Hey great news!   I just got news a distant billionaire relative space tourist died in a bizarre sex accident on the international space station.. and I received their entire inheritance.. rents on me guys. .No big deal.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 12:26:48 pm »

To reduce confusion...

• Adrian only had one girlfriend in New York.
  • 145 takes place at about 10am on January 13th.
  • 144 takes place the early morning of January 13th.
  • 143 takes place late afternoon on January 12th, so the previous day.

No promises that everything will move nicely in chronological order in the future (for example, events in New York might run ahead of events in Kearsarge or vice versa), but hey, that's part of the fun, yes?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:30:15 pm by Daphne » Logged

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 12:46:18 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:51:12 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: