Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 07:19:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 141: Who's That Girl?  (Read 20371 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 06, 2012, 12:51:08 pm »

Coming December 7th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:27:45 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:42:48 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:29:16 pm »

But it seems most likely that this one will be set in eighteenth century Holland and will feature aliens.

No spoilers!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 03:14:19 am »

Do we have a name?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:07 am »

I think that's a question we can save for Tuesday...or the next guest page day...whichever comes first.

The whole POINT of this one is the title question.

I'll admit, my first thought seeing this was "The ex...the EX.....the EX...THE EX...Oh boy, is this going to be fun."

And this does look like a New York sightseing tour.  And the city where this happened and when it happened might be more important than the identity of the girl.  I will say this though, it's not necessarily a "WOW chemistry" photo.  They're smiling with their arms around each other, but they look amused and comfortable, not flirtatious.  The pose itself and the expressions are neutral.  They could be pals, or siblings (we don't know if Patrick and Miel had more than one child), or relatives (we don't know how big either extended family was).  However, as I say, the first thing I thought of when I saw that last panel and the general state of the photograph was that this was probably Adrian's ex.

However, more information is necessary, but for the sake of the integrity of the setup for this cliffhanger, I'm willing to wait...a little...for her name and confirmation...or not...that she was Adrian's ex.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:04 am »

Moving forward almost 350 years...

New, unsubstantiated theory:  I agree that NY is significant.  Adrian's description of his breakup here always was troubling.  What kind of psycho bitch breaks up with someone while having sex with someone else?  Unless... the girlfriend was mind controlled to do so.  In New York.  Where there's a significant-sized harem of very attractive women.  So, my new working theory is that the ex is now part of the harem.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 01:02:10 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:43:12 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »

It would be a mighty coincidence if Adrian's girlfriend fell into the clutches of a harem in New York and he didn't actually know anything about that

GodWilling, I guess it would be a mighty coincidence - if I didn't believe that things were happening by design.  In the last couple of weeks, we've had glimpses of Adrian's father at Wilmot in the early 80s, and glimpses of Rain (or someone who looks like her, and has a similar quasi-mystical feel about her) as some kind of important figure in Wilmot's life and death.  Wilmot himself looks a bit like Adrian.

So, I suppose my (completely unsubstantiated) theory that the ex is now in the harem depends on a similarly unsubstantiated theory of some kind of plan that brings together all sorts of people in weird ways.

re: Echo - I don't think it would be, depending on timing.  Echo was from Dani's days in the harem at some point pre-comic, and Adrian was getting away from the breakup right at the beginning of the comic.  Unless the harem days just ended prior to issue 1 (which is not impossible, but is very unlikely), it probably wouldn't be Echo.  More unsubstantiated theorizing.

Unsubstantiated theories are fun!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »

Unsubstantiated rumors are always fun.  Two things.  Echo has different hair color, face shape, body type, and...eye color than Adrian's ex, if she is Adrian's ex.  It's possible that she could have fallen into the harem and been manipulated into abandoning Adrian it out him finding out exactly why.  A proto-Vik experience, if you will.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:19:23 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 04:18:35 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:44:12 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 04:53:06 pm »

If Adrian is anyone's stooge at this point, I think it's Rain.  I thought Echo's hair was light orange-red, not light brown.  Also, I thought the mystery tourist was slightly more voluptuous than Echo.

As far as Adrian's truthfulness, I think the break-up was recent, and that he was unaware of the New York harem at the time.  I think he's holding back his father's history (or part of it) because it gave him the idea to go to Kearsage in search of Patrick's luck to mend his broken heart, or bruised ego if you're more pragmatic.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:34:53 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:44:26 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 06:07:31 pm »

Be aware, Echo (and her blonde busty partner) is (are) in Danielle's database.  Of course, so far as we know, entries in that database are not dated.  So, Echo's presence there doesn't prove or disprove anything yet.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 05:03:39 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:44:36 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 08:27:24 am »

I just looked again--Mystery Sightseer has a lot of orange in her hair, you're right.  I still think Echo's is a couple shades lighter.  Note, If that IS Echo in the picture with Adrian, she was a fan of either Wonderbras, or Will & Grace waterbras before the New York harem swooped out and engulfed her.  I would also note the postures in the photograph.  They're comfortable with each other, but this isn't overly intimate.  His arm is around her shoulders, her arm is around his waist. There's no equivalent of the footsie under the table that Vik saw on his depressing night out.  An argument can be made that this could be a pal he went to New York with in the last couple of years, but it's not his girlfriend.  I'd say given the recent bad breakup, it'd be mightily odd of him to take a framed picture of better days with him if he's trying to run away from his problems.  As usual, we need more information.

Also, this seems to be an alternate universe with a slightly revisionist view of John Wilmot's life.  It seems official history is written by the victors, or scribes working for offended and spiteful royals.

About Claudia representing the controlled...um, her employment of Derek would seem to run counter to any sort of view of her as a heroine.  She didn't have a moral objection to the way he used Zenon's work, she was just annoyed that he lacked focus.  Fun was expected, but he got lost in the fun and never made any progress on his assignment.

Weird thing, Adrian knows Claudia's name (maybe form Rain, maybe from Dani, but we seem to be assuming from elsewhere).  If Echo is his ex, shouldn't his name have stirred some recognition in her?  If Echo is his ex and Claudia's in control of the harem now, shouldn't se have access to the memories and past lives of those under her control?  Translation--Is Dani's the only copy of that database?  If so, why?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: