Mind Control Comics Forum
September 20, 2024, 08:41:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 130: What is the cause of the world?  (Read 10646 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: November 01, 2012, 10:11:35 am »

Coming November 2nd!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:59:49 am »

What the?  Huh  That's a completely bewildering title.  So, is it a date with Amy, the dinner with Raven, or fun with Laura and perfume samples?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:27:40 pm »

Hmm.  It's a classical philosophy question.  Danielle has a degree in philosophy.  Perhaps that's the connection?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

I must say, Dani is an interesting combination of parts that don't seem to mesh.  Tomboy, ace mechanic, pilot, army brat, who's doing post-grad work in philosohpy but moonlights as a stripper.  Hmph.  Maybe this is a reference to her reestablishing control of the Watch within the harem for the dinner with Raven?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:07:10 pm »

Tomboy, ace mechanic, pilot, army brat, who's doing post-grad work in philosohpy but moonlights as a stripper.

In fact, her skill-set is based on a real-life person of my acquaintance who has appeared in MCT movies. I left out the "computer programmer" part, because fiction has to be realistic. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »

In fact, her skill-set is based on a real-life person of my acquaintance who has appeared in MCT movies. I left out the "computer programmer" part, because fiction has to be realistic. Smiley

Its doable.  I remember hanging out with a prostitute at a youth group when I was younger And then laughing my ass off when I saw her on the cover of McLeans Magazines "Top Canadian universities of the Year" with other students.. I think she was a base brat too,  Also knew a stripper  (and a pretty good occultist) who went on to graduate college and became a Nomadic Nurse in the states (took short term contracts with the states that paid the most).   But neither of them were anything like Danielle *sigh*
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:53 pm »

ts doable. 

And so's she!

Thank you, I'm here all week.

Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 05:23:36 pm »

ts doable.

And so's she!

Thank you, I'm here all week.

Tuesdays, Fridays and the guest shot Saturday.(and nota one of us is complaining Smiley  I notice you didn't say rimshot Wink.. Or try the fish.

As per the Title:  "What is the cause of the world".   The answer is obvious.. Love.

Love makes the world go round
Love lifts us up where we belong,
All you need is love.
Just remember if you cant be with the one you love.  Love the one you're with.

Edit: Ok so the hidden text is the Peter Townsend song  The Sea Refuses No River.  not sure of the meaning.

The "Oh my" line reminds me of George Takei.
The character in this panel strongly reminds me of the character: Hae-Joo Chang from the Movie: The Cloud Atlas.  Great Movie best seen in IMAX if possible.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:47:29 am by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:04:03 am »

Oh, give me a break.  Q-Box as Gary from Love Potion #9? Huh Really?  Roll Eyes I hope that was Sawyer's muscle there to beat the living hell out of him, and not some woman he could take advantage of--though I suppose it'd be funny if he temporarily got the upper hand on Claudia.  However, she doesn't strike me as the business suit/blazer type.
mm257
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 11:28:34 am »

Am I the only one who hears George Takei when he says that in the last panel?  Smiley
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 11:29:48 am »

Am I the only one who hears George Takei when he says that in the last panel?  Smiley

I've been saying "Oh my" before "Oh my" was cool. Smiley

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:34 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:19:35 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: