Mind Control Comics Forum
September 20, 2024, 06:35:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 126: A Snowball's Chance  (Read 15434 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 22, 2012, 12:09:58 pm »

Tuesday, October 23rd!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:20:18 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:17:00 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

Rain said what?  Why?  Huh?  I guess I'm gonna have to hope that she's tying herself to Marli now and against Doc Zenon (and Claudia, who's running her) otherwise this could be a masterstroke by a double agent trying to destabilize the harem.

Also, that last bit is funny, but I can't square what Adrian is saying (which I believe) with what he texted Erin and Marliese.  Totally different flavor.  Is it possible someone pretending to be him texted the other two?  Also, why did the calendar not show this as upcoming even the day before?  It was a pleasant surprise, but a little disquieting.

ETA--looks like this got posted about half a day early.  The better to confuse and entertain us, I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:26:39 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:54:53 pm »

Ok the Players:  

Adrien Cavanaugh: Our Hero.

Derek  :  Out of Play awaiting ordersin Newark from...Claudia!!! (in New York)

Q Tarbox(aka Q-box):  Getting Kanti to get Laura to grab the all the mind control perfume samples
as well getting Amy to take almost all of the Hypnotherapists XXX??? mind control stuff.  Currently working for Yvette.

Zenon Cimaszewski:  Unethical hypnotherapist working in conjunction with Derek to find the watch and Danielle..  Currently renegotiating or waiting in limbo for orders from;... Claudia

Sawyer: Owner of Strip club.  A man with influence and  power (but what kind of power???)

Yvette:  Owner of of Princess Pink & Yevettes hair and nails:   Powers currently Unknown.. though employs two what look like identical bimbo esque women as well as Q Tarbox.

Claudia: Operating out of New York (Is She this stories Big Bad?) Owner of Harem that Danielle left.  With High ceilings and fine woodwork comes great responsibility Ref /sji-i114

And Danielle: Pole Dancer, Pilot, crack mechanic..meaning shes a good mechanic, carpenter, Ninja with snowballs and  former employee of New York Harem and current owner of ":The Watch".

Maybe this should be its own thread?

Again,  I'm loving Danielles big boobs and pretty colors.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:56:42 pm by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:09 pm »

There should be a new and updated character thread.

As to your working descriptions

Adrian Cavanaugh:  Accepted (though exactly what his moral conflict is, we don't know yet, could have something to do with his ex and/or why he high-tailed it for Kearsage in the first place).

Derek:  Accurate, but why did he get this job in the first place?

Q-Box, partially accurate.  There's no indication that Kanti and Laura have interacted since Kanti was exposed to the most recent sample.  Marliese took the therapist's mind control triggers (at Rain's suggestion).  Q could be at least partly behind that, but we have no proof as of yet.  Currently cowering in the back of Yvette's van, terrified of Pearl.

Zenon:  Accepted (though what exactly Claudia's plan is for his project is unclear at the moment).

Sawyer:  Accepted

Yvette:  Accepted.  However, it's unclear whether she's always been Yvette or if she has a twin Yves or an alter ego Yves (see discussion between Sawyer and his bodyguard in reference to Q after Jacqui's visit).

Claudia:  Accurate, so far as we know

Danielle:  Accurate so far as we know, but there are so many layers to her skill set and her hypnosis that it's unclear where she began or where she is now.  Tough to tell whether she still has control of the watch since Mallory and Marliese reprogrammed her with the second cohort on The Night of the Watch.
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 09:39:02 pm »

"the way I feel under your command" and/or "the way I feel when I'm in your hands".  Another "Because the Night" 10000 Maniacs/Natalie Merchant vs. Patti Smith slight lyrics difference.  I think Patti Smith uses each line once each and Natalie Merchant uses "...command" twice.  Jeez, I'm getting as OCD about this song as jmundt29 is about everything else SJI... 
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 02:25:55 am »

Before we totally veer off into the weeds here:

(a) The comic went up early because I was jet-lagged (hi from Prague!).
(b) Adrian sent those texts, not a doppelgänger. Sheesh.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:10:36 am »

Before we totally veer off into the weeds here:

(a) The comic went up early because I was jet-lagged (hi from Prague!).

Ohhhh Prauge!  Tell us more Smiley
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:55:32 am »

Ohhhh Prauge!  Tell us more Smiley

Day job. Sadly, I'm not shooting anything here this time. Oh, well!

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

Maybe this should be its own thread?

Brilliant idea!

Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 06:10:41 am »

I love the fact that Adrian says, "Tu peux me tutoyer."  [translation:  You can use the 'tu' form (rather than the more formal 'vous') when talking to me.]  For Danielle, who has always had such a formal speech pattern in French - which, by the way, now makes more sense given that she's from a military family (Canadian military brats I've known, especially officers' kids, have always been among the most formally polite people I've known) - this must feel like true acceptance by her master, which probably allows her to feel free to throw the snowball.  'Tutoyer' implies a level of familiarity, friendship, trust, etc. that would be (I assume) uncommon in master/slave relationships.

Thus ends the half-baked linguistic/character analysis of the day.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 06:30:26 am »

Thus ends the half-baked linguistic/character analysis of the day.

You have made my day. Smiley

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:17:48 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 02:11:07 pm »

Looks informal to me.

Here's the thing.  The reason why I asked about those text messages is that as we got farther from the conversation with Rain, they sounded less and less like Adrian.  Was the power going to his head?  But his conversations with the harem members he spoke to directly were caring, considerate, even thoughtful.  So how do I square the difference in tone.  Is it just the medium?  Even using the text message to communicate with Mallory and Erin that way (though Mallory by content and Erin by action) was a seriously sour note.  So if it isn't the medium and his attitude hasn't gone off a cliff face--what else could it be?  So, I reached for a straw--maybe Rain started communicating with the members of the harem pretending to be Adrian so as to let them know the change (to bring the situation to a head more quickly) but wasn't able to capture Adrian's tone and perspective exactly.  Hence, my question.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 02:20:10 pm »

The reason why I asked about those text messages is that as we got farther from the conversation with Rain, they sounded less and less like Adrian. 

Well, you don't get a lot of characters in a text message. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: