Mind Control Comics Forum
September 19, 2024, 04:45:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 124: And It's Not So Bad, It's Not So Bad...  (Read 15956 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 15, 2012, 12:19:34 pm »

Coming Tuesday, October 16th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 02:24:18 pm »

Hmmmm....  The Dido song that provides the title is about how a terrible day is made much better by the presence of the persona's lover.  So is the comic going back to Jacqui, maybe?  She's had a pretty crappy time since learning that her daughter is in her life and that whatshisname is out of prison.

As usual, I reserve the right to be utterly, spectacularly wrong.

EDIT:  Well, I got Dido right, but Jacqui wrong.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:44:47 am by Werdna » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

I'll admit that it wasn't the first thought that crossed my mind when I read the title,
but with the music theme we've had last week I'll throw my chips in with Werdna on this one.  the Dido connection/angle makes a lot of sense.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »

I'll agree--boy will it be entertaining when she proves us all wrong.  Isn't that song called "Thank You?"  If we follow that theme, maybe Rain allowing for open honest communication will be the first step to Jacqui burying the hatchet with her.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:12:21 am »

And Weredna Nails it For The Win!!!!!!  ( and the crowd goes wild!!!)

And a callback to the original Patti Smith song.

I'm getting a definite researching queen bee/hive mentality/experimentation/lady science vibe from the color scheme and the mention of this Mrs Upsala woman.

And on Upsala ,google gives a town in rural Ontario , a glacier in Argentina and if you add another s, it becomes the fourth largest city in Sweden.  But sometimes a name is just a name...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:02:15 am by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:43 am »

You wonder what that woman's maiden name was.  So, Mallory has a secondary gig as a librarian?  Have we met her assistant before?  And is this server problem (I'm a tech neophyte, so I'm guessing it's a server problem) somehow related to the belltower activation?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:29:43 am »

Mallory's primary gig is being a librarian.  (Unless, of course, it is now secondary to being Adrian's slave.)  The other two are probably student assistants (a library technician would not be asking the types of questions being asked here), but they do seem awfully green/reticent.  Mallory seems entirely justified in being pissed off.

As a brief aside, librarians are awesome.  I'm not one, but I work with a bunch of them.  I have a deep and abiding respect for the people and the profession.

Anyway:  not quite as hot as the Jacqui reveal, but still, the smile and the "Oh.  My." is pretty damn hot. 
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:59:45 am »

The Jacqui conversation seems to be the sexiest of them so far.  Of course, I have no idea how Dani's going to react or what she'll be doing.

It took me two readings to notice that there are two green assistants, but I have to ask, are the glasses part of some sort of unspoken dresscode?  All three have similar frames, varying only by color.

Question--Why is Adrian crediting Mallory for the "best night of [his] life."  Does he know she's controlling the watch now?  Just how chatty is Marli?  I mean Dani is the one who first used the watch and "harem night" was her idea.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:34:11 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 11:29:56 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:10:48 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »

are the glasses part of some sort of unspoken dresscode?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrCyFy3rqkFuSgmEJGMQS-RqRheUaqGdFKdl7pIDBmFnozScvOmg

(Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to insert an actual image, so I put a link.)

And I think the reason that Adrian is crediting Mallory: she's a librarian.  They organize things. It's in their nature.  (Or it could just be the more boring, but more likely, explanation that she's the landlady and 'Queen Bee' of the Infirmary.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:50 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:11:01 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 01:52:18 pm »

I don't know what Daphne's playing at.

Glasses are hot. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

Easy does it there, GW.  I just remarked that all three had frames of what looked like the same shape with different colors.  I dislike spectacle sterotyping, and it's entirely possible that all three women need corrective lenses, but that they'd all have frames the same shape?  Hmm.

You think Rain's married? I...don't know about that.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 03:55:04 pm »

Ok I wasn't sure if that made sense but when Werdna said it it did.

If this comic had a theme it would be Bees.

1)Mallory cussing about the Upsala woman taking bee books (Her bee books)

2) The color scheme of her clothes  in comparison to the drab colors that he subordinate/drones are wearing also says Queen bee.

3) Along with what Werdna mentioned about her being the matron/Queen Bee of St James infirmary

um.. and if this dead horse looks at me funny I'll beat it again!...um nevermind,   Friday friday friday!!!

And yes, glasses are hot, they also distinguish the face, add sophistication, denote intellect, make the perfect disguise, act as a major fashion accessory (from the neck up) and could be a secret form of mind control  or a segue into next months plot: Hakim The Power Mad Mind Controlling optician!!! (for those not familiar Hakim optical is a chain of optometrist/eyeglass stores located across Canada)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:58:20 pm by Chettbaker » Logged
powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 05:54:39 am »

are the glasses part of some sort of unspoken dresscode?  All three have similar frames, varying only by color.

All librarians must wear glasses and cardigans. By law! If one's local librarian isn't wearing these things, they're doing it wrong.

Ha! I've noticed a lot of MCC characters wear glasses. Often this seems to be completely unnecessary from a plot point of view. Some of them aren't even nerds, weaklings, or ugly. I don't know what Daphne's playing at.

And, equally strange, some of the scientist characters don't wear glasses. What's up with that?

Possibly hers said: "I want to thank you for telling me this yellow top makes my boobs look enormous."

Someone noticed! *beams*

Friday friday friday!!!

Indeed! Me too!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: