Mind Control Comics Forum
September 20, 2024, 10:38:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 121: The Conversation  (Read 22291 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 04, 2012, 01:56:08 pm »

Coming Friday, October 5th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:35:15 pm »

This one seems fairly clear, given recent context.  The next entry should be Rain talking to Adrian...introducing herself, hinting that she knows Jacqui and Marli...but it's possible we're headed for a curveball here.

ETA--Expecting a fastball, I got an eephus pitch.  Boy don't I look silly.

Okay, so Rain took Adrian on a walk around the block for their conversation (and we only hear the tail end of it so far).  This was meant to give us a check on our other characters.  However, I confess I'm confused.

Panel #1--now, I'm fairly sure that's Kanti in the red, but who's the severe-looking woman in a black coat and yellow sweater on her cellphone?  I don't recognize her, and it's not Claudia.  Also, shouldn't we be able to see the "Deep Black Vinyl Sign" as they start their walk?  As Panel #6 demonstrates, that red brick building is Deep Black Vinyl.

Panel #2--I have no idea who that is running out of Passion Source, I can't even make out hair-color.  I don't think we've met her before.  Who is that? Huh

Panel #3--That looks like Q-Box slouching the hand-truck into Yvette's Hair and Nail.  However YvetteHuh  I thought Q worked for a guy named Yves who owned Princess Pink Beauty Supply.  Is Yvette related to him?  Does Yves go by Yvette to compete in the market?  Is Yves...I can't even think how to ask the next question.

Panel #4--Quartermass is a nod to other continua, (possibly a nod to the spectre hanging over Hidden Knowledge) but I can't tell anything about the couple with boxes, the guy in black, or the severe-looking street-cleaner.  He looks like he'd challenge Hans to a fight for fun.*shrug*

Panel #5--This is easily the most straightforward.  Pearl loves tropical fish, she bought a new pet to remind her of home and maintain one of her favorite hobbies.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:49:53 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:22 am »

What I like about this issue is that it's entitled "The Conversation" but we hear almost none of the eponymous event.  Frustrating! (But in a good way.) 

I am hoping that Adrian now understands more of the background to his situation - it was starting to stretch credibility that he wouldn't be suspicious that a whole bevy of hot women would all be into him at the same time, and none of them jealous of each other.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:21:29 am »

But that's not what they talked about.  They probably talked about Rain's history with Jacqui.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:04:38 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:29:16 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:02 pm »

I just can't believe Adrian actually said that. After all, he moved into a house with three women. Why would he do that if he wanted to get away from relationship problems?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:44:38 pm »

I thought the major rule of the "harem" so far is--"Thou shalt not speak its name, particularly to the master."  As such, I don't think...well, I suppose she could talk about the investigation she and Marli are doing into Zenon's phony baloney with his student psych practice.  That could lead to discussing her relatinship with Marliese, but I got the impression that it was more about her past connection to Jacqui.

Something like:

"Years ago, Jacqui was engaged to this guy Q, and the three of us were friends.  Her daughter, Pearl, caught Q doing something really awful (beyond just cheating on Jacqui)...but I didn't believe it and took his side when he got arrested.  Jacqui never forgave me and on top of straining relations with Pearl, it was all too much.  Most everything came out at trial, and Q got a five year stretch for...fill-in-the-blank.  He served two and a half, but he's out now.  I know it's too late for apologies, but I met her to warn her he's back in town and one of our former acquaintances, Yves, is putting him up for now.  I'd just like to start over.  Could you talk to her for me?  She seems to really care about you."

ETA--Also, bear in mind that what he said is the absolute truth.  He came to this town and to Wilmot fleeing the heartbreak of a bad breakup under as as yet, undisclosed circumstances.  He really did come to Kearsarge to get away from relationship problems.  Now he has several new sets of problems, all of them more fun and intricate than the ones he left behind.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:47:57 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 04:02:08 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:29:05 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:16:40 am »

She's putting herself (ahem) in harem's way.

Oh, groan. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 08:38:59 pm »

Can you find it in your heart to forgive us our puns while you enjoy our voracious hyper-analysis? Wink
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »

Can you find it in your heart to forgive us our puns while you enjoy our voracious hyper-analysis? Wink

Yeah, probably. Smiley

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:45:51 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:28:49 pm by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 02:52:14 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:28:28 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 08:55:53 am »

Yeah, that's Jacqui and Pearl.

But it would be odd and oddly selfless of Rain to ask Adrian to broker peace between Pearl and Jacqui.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 11:09:15 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:28:16 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: