Mind Control Comics Forum
September 18, 2024, 01:00:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 120: ... But It Pours  (Read 19020 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:37 am »

Coming October 2nd!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:04:37 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:03:31 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:54:25 am »

Rehearsal?  Rehearsal for what?  Jacqui's the one who has a "debut" with Danielle in less than a week.  What's Erin rehearsing for?

Did I miss something?  Why does Adrian accept that Rain knows who he is? Huh He's not wearing a nametag.  Have they met before off the page?  Why's she talking to him across Jacqui?  Shouldn't Jacqui be making introductions here?

This feels like the narrative equivalent of that counting game joke.

"One, two, skip a few, 99, 100."  We just went from 15 to -20 to 99.  What happened?  Shouldn't we be following the campus broadcast, or Laura's quest for perfume samples, or Vik's grousing about an unsatisfactory date, or Q-Box hiding in the back of the van, petrified of Pearl?  Maybe something with Claudia personally talking to Zenon?

We were just at 8:30 am, now this is 5 pm.  Help!

There's some narrative missing here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:58:31 am by jmundt29 » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:02:19 am »

To me look like 3:10 pm

Jacquelyn and Danielle need the rehearsal for there show
Erin get ready for Raven to night
Rain is the new thing and we have wait on Friday
See what Rain pick up from doctor office.
Was Rain doing the blow job on Q? 

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:28 am »

That got him sent to prison?  I doubt it. Roll Eyes

You're right, It's 3:10, so we've only skipped 5 hours, not 8.

Still, like I said--there are so many other things we could have missed

1. Laura getting samples and listening to Vik talk about his interrupted or abbreviated date.
2. A tinge on the broadcast from the belltower.
3. Q-Box cowering in the fetal position in the back of the Princess Supplies van, thinking about the last thing he had Kanti do under the influence of the perfume (hopefully his LAST happy memory)
4. Claudia emerging from New York with her entourage to personally whip Zenon and his experiment into shape (actual whip optional, of course)
5. Meeting the rest of the Mantis squad or perhaps just learning their names (like say, the two who are on either side of Caitlyn in her panel of issue #79? Wink Grin)
6. What has unflappable Sue been up to all this time?

Any one of these things could have taken place before, or at the same time as the issue we just saw, intriguing as it may be.

Incidentally, I absolutely love Jacqui's sour face when she sees Rain walk up to the counter in panel 3.

Also, I'm still not clear on the exchange between Erin and Jacqui.  Is Erin talking about Jacqui's rehearsal with Dani, Dani's solo rehearsal, Jacqui's solo rehearsal, or something Erin and Dani are doing (after all, Erin said she wanted to learn)? Wink Grin  And if it is rehearsal, wouldn't Erin see Jacqui before and/or during since the only private rehearsal sapce we know of so far is the SJI living room, and she's presumably going home to help prepare the vegi meal for Raven (and Laura?) this evening? Huh
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:43:01 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Vidor
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:14:05 am »

blah blah blah

I can't help but be interested in how different people are reading this comic.  I read the forensic analysis above, while personally I can't remember who the blonde we see in this comic is.  Couldn't remember who the chick at the record store who was embarrassed/shy around Erin in the prior comic was either.  And I've been reading from the beginning.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:23 am »

Rehearsal?  Rehearsal for what?

Well, Erin was a theatre major...

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 11:32:17 am »

Vidor--that's a coffee shop, not a record store.  Raven (the barista/waitress) has been in the comic sparingly so far.  She was in the New Year's Resolution comic for a panel (the last panel of issue #13), she was in Denoument (Issue #78) for a panel (talking to Laura and jealous of the wild Night of the Watch).  Thump! was her first extended appearance in the comic since Erin and Adrian had coffee together the....second(?) day they knew each other.  That was several panels of Low Fidelity (issue #11).  That's why you don't remember her.  Rain's only been around for a couple of previous issues.  She met up with Jacqui as she was closing up the record store before Jacqui met Laura and Amy, and she was in Into The Woods.  She's fooling around with Marliese.  Her two previous appearances are much more recent (the tail end of the Issue #100 bonus week and a couple weeks ago) but she's not been in it much either.

I had forgotten that Erin was a theater major.  I had forgotten that Erin was a Theater TA because we hardly ever see her doing anything related to the Wilmot.  In fact, thinking back on it, I can't remember anything.  Zip.  So, that opens up an entirely new circle of acquaintance.  Who's in the Wilmot Performing Arts program?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:05 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:03:48 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

About Q-Box...mind control is illegal and if he were successfully prosecuted for it, he could have done a stretch for multiple offenses, but I'd think that'd be very difficult to prove.  You're right about Daphne carefully and properly controlling information, but I just can't see Rain's interference as productive yet.  I look forward to being proved wrong.

My discussion about Jacqui was my confusion over the use of the term "rehearsal."  I'd forgotten what Erin's major was.  I thought the only rehearsal going on would be Jacqui and Dani on the new SJI accessory (which would necessarily take place near the kitchen where Erin is preparing the meal).  I thought Laura was supposed to be included in the dinner for Raven, but maybe not.  "Rehearsal" could just be code for meal preparation here, in which case Jacqui might stop by to participate.

I'm still tripping over how Rain knows Adrian before meeting him.  We know Jacqui doesn't like her enough to discuss Adrian with her.  So, it's probably discussions with Marli which bring us back to several questions.  How long had Marli been cheating on Mallory with Rain before the Night of the Watch, and what did Marli steal from Doc Zenon?  Working theory is that she stole the new hypno triggers, but we haven't seen what physically she stole yet.

Rain's sympathies are also a puzzle.  She doesn't seem very sympathetic to Q-Box, but she and Jacqui are at odds.  Could she be involved with Yves, Q's protector and employer?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 01:00:54 pm »

Erin mentioned to Raven that Laura had to work.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:35 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:04:02 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 01:43:28 pm »

If she were a victim, I'd think that Jacqui would be cool, but not downright hostile toward her.  Plus, did you see Jacqui's face when she saw her this issue.  Exceptionally sour.  Seems the very picture of "Oh no, what does she want now?"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 02:03:48 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:04:11 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 02:30:23 pm »

Its  been a while since I posted on SJI forum but this recent comic from Oglaf.com pretty much sums up what I've been thinking while reading some posts.   I hope you will all see the humor in this with me and take no offense..

http://www.oglaf.com/media/comic/trapmaster.jpg
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: