Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:58:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Enchanted Summer #1  (Read 29773 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 22, 2012, 08:40:34 pm »

In a coastal town, a young man and his girlfriend start to experiment with new aspects of their relationship...

Coming October 7th.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:22:25 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:41:07 am »

Looking forward to this.  It would seem that this is the first new 'longer running' series in quite some time.  Recent new comics have been either short runs or single issues, iirc.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »

Is this a haunted camera spin?  Or a honeymoon phase?
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:31 am »

Well on the cover I like the beach setting, very picturesque, very innocent.  The slight anime style and use of pastels reminds me of Drains though, is it the same artist?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:53 am »

The slight anime style and use of pastels reminds me of Drains though, is it the same artist?

No, same artist who did Nymphomania.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Michael Moorman
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

Hopeful that she will be transformed totally and alot nude of her and other ladies in this storeline. I also hope that this is a regular series as well.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 02:39:04 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:21:34 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 09:09:08 am »

This would be nice as a regular series.  However, I confess I'm a little confused.  Has he been using his headache massages to seduce her all along, or is he unaware or only half-aware that he's doing it?  He's fairly laid back for your Bertram-style anti-hero.  Is this perhaps another crack at a sympathetic male character?  Please?  The art is beautiful and the story is intriguing if slightly bewildering at this stage.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:31:26 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:13 am »

Slow begining here, but I've found that those are the ones that turn out the best.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »

Quite promising start.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:37 am »

Although, as usual, I'm a little confused.  I'm starting to think I have a congenital disability to follow along with the plot of comics.

1.  We have the protagonist, male, no name as yet.
2.  Then there's Summer, the girl the protagonist is hypnotizing via massage.  She also appears to be the girl the protagonist is talking to in the opening pages, arranging a meeting.  And she is definitely a model for the protagonist's photography.
3. There is an unknown "she", who is "out of town for the whole weekend", per page 2.  Is this someone the male protagonist lives with?
4. Also on Page 2 there is an "Autumn", who is busy from 3 to 6, which is when Summer and the protagonist meet.  Presumably this is Summer's roommate or something?
5. Nicole, the protagonist's coworker at the art gallery.  Obvious.
6. The protagonist waves hello to another unknown character at the end of page 5.  Presumably not the unknown "she" I mention in #3 above.  Could that be Autumn, going to dance class?

Is that all correct, as far as characters go?

So that's me trying to keep the characters straight.  As far as the actual story goes, there's a lot of intrigue here that I like.  There appears to be something up with Summer and the protagonist--why is she rolling around in the nude with the protagonist if she's apparently reluctant to have sex with him?  I'd like to think that the protagonist has been using his headache massages to gradually condition Summer, and we have started the story in the middle of that process, where he's already gotten to the "take off clothes and feel each other up" stage but hasn't progressed her to fucking yet.

Anyway, good start, intriguing story, outstanding art.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:03 am »

1.  We have the protagonist, male, no name as yet.

Chris.

2.  Then there's Summer, the girl the protagonist is hypnotizing via massage.  She also appears to be the girl the protagonist is talking to in the opening pages, arranging a meeting.  And she is definitely a model for the protagonist's photography.

This is all correct.

3. There is an unknown "she", who is "out of town for the whole weekend", per page 2.  Is this someone the male protagonist lives with?

Summer's mom.

4. Also on Page 2 there is an "Autumn", who is busy from 3 to 6, which is when Summer and the protagonist meet.  Presumably this is Summer's roommate or something?

Sister. Hippie parents.

6. The protagonist waves hello to another unknown character at the end of page 5.  Presumably not the unknown "she" I mention in #3 above.  Could that be Autumn, going to dance class?

Correct.

There appears to be something up with Summer and the protagonist--why is she rolling around in the nude with the protagonist if she's apparently reluctant to have sex with him? 

Teenagers. Smiley

mi_english
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 12:10:19 pm »

liking this story so far, don't mind the...unaddressed issues.  I had assumed that Summer and Automn were sisters, which of course, will have ramifications very quickly.

Seems Chris is one of those nice guys who waits (for a teen-age girl) that I thought had died out when *I* was a teen-ager.  I suspect he has no ulterior motive, and indeed has no idea that he is putting Summer in a trance with his temple message.  The moral question is, when he DOES realize what is happening, what does he do with that knowledge/skill?  ALWAYS the fun part.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

I had no idea that they were supposed to be sisters.  That could upgrade this story from good to AWESOME.

I guess we will see if Chris knows what he's doing or not--it certainly seemed that he was implanting a suggestion for Summer to fuck him.  I would like to think that Chris's hypno skills are the reason why Summer is taking off her clothes and letting him feel her up, b/c I like it when the MCer does have an ulterior motive.  I am imagining an unseen beginning where Summer comes into the studio to get "glamour" shots done and comes down with a headache, allowing Chris to start planting suggestions...

And I'm dumb, she refers to Chris by name on page 6.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:33:15 pm by Vidor » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:05 am »

And see, we have thoughtful fans with completely different aspirations for the character.

It does seem like we walked in halfway through Chris' hypno-seduction technique, but I rather like the idea that as we begin, he's unaware that he's conditioning her so that we actually see that he does care aobut her and he does desire her as close to an equal.  Though I'm sure she's changed it by now, what is our seasonal mother's birth name?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: