Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:21:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 1: Getting Tanked  (Read 24318 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 12, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »

We have exciting news! Starting this coming Sunday, we will be running (occasional) guest pages for Saint James Infirmary, drawn by other artists in the Mind Control Comics family.

On Sunday, the page is by H Sefra, of "Lost Weekend" and "Not Like the Brochure" fame!

These pages are canon (like the SJI-related bonus in February was), but they are not part of the current timeline; that is, don't think of this one as coming between the two closest SJI episodes.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:52:17 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:34:43 pm »

Hope you do more of Ladys information
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:29 am »

Maybe it'll give us a view into the past...The fiance's crime or the relationship between Jacqui and the entertainment lawyer, or the origins of that broadcast system under the belltower, or maybe an explanation for Dani ever going out with Derek at all.  Maybe a glimpse of the man the ex that Erin petrified.  Maybe even backstory on Sue who was important enough to make the roster, but who we haven't seen since our introduction to Derek's "hypnosis technique" a table away from Erin and Adrian.
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:37 pm »

WHAT DO WE WANT!?

TIME TRAVEL!!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

Say what?  Huh

A true cheer, but I didn't think that's what we were asking for.

I thought we were talking about flashbacks (like Adrian's discussion with Erin about his conversation--and other things--with Jacqui in the store room).  That way we could get information that would enrich our appreication for where we are in the continuum right now without breaking the rhythm or the look of the present.  Or, maybe an illustration of Mallory's knowledge of the Mantis effect from past experience well before Adrian showed up.
elbenton
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:39 am »

I just thought that the subject of time travel was tangentially related and I have always liked that cheer... It's just one of those random synaptic firings that gets put into text.
Vidor
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:20:15 am »

Say what?  Huh

I thought we were talking about flashbacks (like Adrian's discussion with Erin about his conversation--and other things--with Jacqui in the store room).  That way we could get information that would enrich our appreication for where we are in the continuum right now without breaking the rhythm or the look of the present.  Or, maybe an illustration of Mallory's knowledge of the Mantis effect from past experience well before Adrian showed up.

Way to step on a joke.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:04 pm »

You know that overthinking thing you've admitted to doing from time to time?  You're doing it now.
Vidor
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:08:26 am »

I really, really, really want Miriam to be a sex slave along with her mom.  We don't even have to have incest.  But having a mother-daughter pair in the same harem is hot.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 04:14:43 am »

Well We get More information about Jacquelyn Family
How Miriam want to come to town of Kearsarge and do the Jewish studies program at Wilmont College.

Scientific name: Tetraodontidae
the puffer fish
Pufferfish are generally believed to be the second most poisonous vertebrates in the world, after the golden poison frog.

or tell us one ladys is a Big Blow heart with spine
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:35:08 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 06:22:57 am »

The setting is confusing.  It looks like it's supposed to be his office so that's should be a giant aquarium.  The shots we get of it make it look like a Shedd Aquarium tank which makes no sense.  Why would a law office spend the money to maintain that?   Huh  Of course the most successful entertainment lawyers and agents have or act like they have money to burn at the peak of their success, and it looks like Dear Old Dad is peaking right about now.  However, on first look it seemed like wherever they were was actually underwater and the decoration is very, VERY severe and imposing.  My first association was Victor Stromberg (the undersea Bond villain from The Spy Who Loved Me.  But he looks and acts kinda like Paul Ben Victor did in the late 90s.  Weird.  A Bond villain who's a genuinely loving and protective dad.

Also, is there a word missing from the popup text, or are we deliberately being strung along again.  The popup we can read sais "under the name," and ends leaving us totally in the dark.  Is that the point? Huh
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 06:27:49 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:54:37 pm by GodWilling » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 07:02:45 am »

We are really enjoying all the speculative comments and discussions...and don't ask ME any questions because I only read the scripts as I come to colour the pages (and in the is case I didn't do the colouring!)

I would like to say a huge thank you to H Sefra for his art on this...I thought it was really great...and he's kept the integrity of the character and colours - which must be restricting for an artist. So a big UP for HSefra...and I'm looking forward to more guest pages.

Love

OM xox

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 07:06:53 am »

From the html the text should read "Under the name, "Mirmaid," Miriam is very well-known on seawater-aquarium forums." The quote gets screwed up.

Oops, sorry about that! Fixed.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mi_english
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 07:37:04 am »

Am I shallow to think that, looking at Miriam's Dad, then looking at Jacqui, that there is hope for all us aging guys out there?  Talk about a difference in attractiveness!!  I want a strip showing HIS secret for getting a woman like Jacqui...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: