Mind Control Comics Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:07:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Rapid Inductions #61  (Read 1284 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 24, 2024, 01:04:10 am »

Script: Daphne • Art: Zen

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 02:57:57 am »

Wow! I haven't seen one of these in years! I thought you discontinued the title?

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 08:09:52 am »

Wow! I haven't seen one of these in years! I thought you discontinued the title?

A girl can change her mind. :-)

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
JorgeTulio
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 08:14:01 pm »

Obviously Rapid Inductions 61 is going to be about Daphne being hypnotized to reopen the title. That's why she changed her mind
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 08:33:37 pm »

I like to think of Rapid Inductions as what you would see in the pages of some alternate-universe New Yorker that's a dedicated MC fetish magazine. So happy to see it back!
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 12:12:03 pm »

New artist: new view. Same great name.
ainfinite
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 05:44:13 am »

Are there AI-generated elements to this image?
ossicle
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2024, 07:33:32 am »

Glad to see it back! Was missed!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2024, 08:37:17 am »

Why would you say that?

hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2024, 11:02:21 am »

Why would you say that?

Hm! I thought it looked AI as well; I also noticed that it was "Copyright 2022."

However, looking today, the image is different! And it's "Copyright 2024." Curiouser and curiouser.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 11:04:14 am »

I really have no idea what you are talking about. (innocent look)

More seriously, the artist and I understand that there are concerns around the use of AI elements in art, so Zen redid the piece using his traditional drawing style. I'd be curious to hear everyone's opinion on it.

hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2024, 11:14:31 am »

I'd be curious to hear everyone's opinion on it.

On his traditional style? The character and the lighting look great (if a bit dark/nighttime); the background's pretty simplistic, but if this was a rush job, that's understandable.

As for AI: it feels like you're feeling around for how it fits in your product line? I noticed you're using it over on MCT Backstage. My preference is for artists to get paid for art, but I understand you want to experiment. (Literally all of entertainment is in this spot.)

Now I'm curious: did Zen do the character himself, but use AI for the background? That seems like what everyone's trying to figure out right now: how AI assists (rather than replaces) the artist.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2024, 12:29:59 pm »

I'd be curious to hear everyone's opinion on it.

There's a particular kind of smooth waxiness to the female form that's very common in AI images, which the first version of this image seemed to possess. I guess it's a byproduct of using art from several different cartooning/anime styles, that it ends up with that waxy texture? (Also the breasts are the same pair of breasts over and over, especially noticeable in images that include multiple sets, but that's not relevant to this specific discussion.) The background, when it was there, looked a lot like the sort of semi-detailed sketchy background that, again, I've seen come out of a lot of Midjourney and DALL-E processes. These details are def not unique to AI images, and I'm sure there are many AI images that I don't notice that lack these details.  When I notice those sorts of details enough to recognize (or suspect) that what I'm seeing is AI-generated, it deprecates the artwork. Intellectually I know that it's still the result of human curation and editing, but nonetheless something's been cheapened.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2024, 02:36:39 pm »

My preference is for artists to get paid for art

I assure you, Zen is getting paid for his art. :-)

We use AI-generated images as spot illustrations in MCT Backstage. We tried going with hand-drawn illustrations, but it did not work for reason unimportant here.

Zen
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2024, 03:12:59 pm »

Hi everyone! I’m the artist who did this image, so I wanted to hop in this conversation quick.

Ai was used in the first draft of this image, however it was minimal. I wanted to bring a fully rendered piece for this series, given that rendering takes quite a bit of time, I used Ai to assist with the color palette and background.

However, I do understand the ethics of Ai is being heavily debated (including in the courts) and for that reason I decided to redo the image in a more comic-book style that excludes the use of Ai.

I have many friends who are staunchly for and against Ai. I don’t hold any particularly strong opinion on it, I could take it or leave it. Ai is a complex issue, and if Ai ever tries to replace artists, i stand with artists. Daphne and I have both decided it’s best if I continue using my comic book style, which isn’t assisted by Ai.

Hopefully you will all enjoy the work I’ll be bringing to the table! I’m very excited to be working in this community after being a spectator for so long.

Cheers,

Zen
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: