Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 01:24:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1314: “Gathering Smoke”  (Read 1971 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 04, 2023, 12:04:01 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 02:03:58 am »

So Miriam is just straight up a succubus.

Didn’t have that on my SJI Bingo card
ZD11
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 09:30:43 am »

I think I speak for much of the reader base when I say...

QUE?
caseyx
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 10:08:06 am »

I think I speak for much of the reader base when I say...

QUE?
I was going to use a different three letter word.  Acronym, actually.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 04:46:12 pm »

So this does raise several questions unironically. Is this a literal manifestation of some new power of Miriam’s? An evolution of her existing touch control? Is it something Erin is doing? Is it some sort of metaphor to show Reka’s deteriorating mental state?

Not to even mention what it means for Reka. Is she completely blank now? Merely pacified like everyone else Miriam uses the touch on? If so, aside from the obvious expansion reasons, why use the perfume? To open her up even more?

Really hope we get a couple of Miriam issues in a row to explain what’s happening here.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 09:14:36 am »

I don't know but I gotta say I like it, the imagery of Miriam literally consuming Reka's agency/will/soul, there's an appealing irrevocability to it. Probably not actually irrevocable over a long enough timespan, of course, but: this page is pretty hot.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 12:06:12 pm »

If so, aside from the obvious expansion reasons, why use the perfume?

I'm guessing it is a perfume container but it doesn't actually look like the others. On the other hand, neither did the one Miriam used on Jacqui, which this also doesn't resemble. (Was it clearly established that Miriam discovered that the perfume was responsible for what was happening at the SJI? There was no mention of the samples when she was in the kitchen with Mallory, yet she knew to take them with her when she left. Unless she already had more in her bag...) I did wonder if this might be a container she was going to exhale Réka's spirit into. But I suppose the perfume is more likely.

The pop-up text is from Queen Mab by Percy Bysshe Shelley. That character though was apparently first described in Romeo And Juliet - a fairy who essentially puts dreams into the heads of sleeping people. A key part of the Wikipedia synopsis of the Shelley poem may be: "Queen Mab detaches Ianthe's spirit or soul from her sleeping body and transports it on a celestial tour to Queen Mab's palace at the edge of the universe [or Jacqui's place, whichever is nearer]."
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 03:12:40 pm »

If so, aside from the obvious expansion reasons, why use the perfume?

I'm guessing it is a perfume container but it doesn't actually look like the others. On the other hand, neither did the one Miriam used on Jacqui, which this also doesn't resemble. (Was it clearly established that Miriam discovered that the perfume was responsible for what was happening at the SJI? There was no mention of the samples when she was in the kitchen with Mallory, yet she knew to take them with her when she left. Unless she already had more in her bag...) I did wonder if this might be a container she was going to exhale Réka's spirit into. But I suppose the perfume is more likely.

The pop-up text is from Queen Mab by Percy Bysshe Shelley. That character though was apparently first described in Romeo And Juliet - a fairy who essentially puts dreams into the heads of sleeping people. A key part of the Wikipedia synopsis of the Shelley poem may be: "Queen Mab detaches Ianthe's spirit or soul from her sleeping body and transports it on a celestial tour to Queen Mab's palace at the edge of the universe [or Jacqui's place, whichever is nearer]."

So what does that imply for Reka? That Miriam has detached her soul/mind from her body? It would fit with the depersonalization she seems to be fancying from Jakob’s lingering programming
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 11:42:49 am »

So what does that imply for Reka? That Miriam has detached her soul/mind from her body? It would fit with the depersonalization she seems to be fancying from Jakob’s lingering programming

The only definite answer I can give is that I definitely dunno.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: