Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 11:29:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1269: “Those Were the Reaons”  (Read 2194 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 02, 2023, 05:06:20 pm »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:42:57 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 05:55:05 am »

Cannot see the full issue for some reason even though it is on the calendar for today?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 05:56:28 am »

Cannot see the full issue for some reason even though it is on the calendar for today?

Glitch in the Matrix. It's up tomorrow, as usual.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 08:42:29 am »

Well. Now we seem to be implying that someone is mentally manipulating Adrian, especially since last issue had a different color filter which seemed reminiscent of Kanti’s pink cloud dream. But have we ever had confirmation in SJI that anything mind control related works on men? I don’t recall anyone ever being drugged by the PC or affected by the watch/Crystal/scallops other than women.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 09:13:46 am »

Based on what I have seen in the 1200 previous installments I feel confident in saying it's too early to tell where this particular zig is zagging towards.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 09:29:52 am »

I definitely thought Saturday's issue was going to be a self-contained April Fool's gag (and did kind of wonder how people reading it in the future would react). Now, though, I suspect that this is an extended flashback.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 11:58:27 am »

I'm not sure a flashback makes sense.  Early issues imply that Echo broke up with Adrian before he moved to Kearsage and met Erin.  That timeline of events is not consistent with what we're seeing here.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 11:59:11 am »

Based on what I have seen in the 1200 previous installments I feel confident in saying it's too early to tell where this particular zig is zagging towards.

This is the way.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 03:11:23 pm »

Funnily enough on Friday I noticed that the main page said "next update 1 April", and a Saturday update is often SJI. So I wondered if we were going to get an April Fool's SJI update. And the most obvious one of those would be to have someone wake up and declare it was all a dream: The End. I actually figured it would be Jacqui, as that would fit nicely into current events, though that might have been to the detriment of the joke. Anyway, for once I sort of guessed vaguely what was coming, but maybe fundamentally I was still wrong. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Which is just as well.

I've noted on several occasions that the initials of the SJI residents plus Rain spell out DREAM, but I've always hoped we weren't going to go there, and I still hope that. But this page appears to exist in the same reality as the previous one, and - yes - it's not consistent with what we saw at the start of the story unless either Adrian or Erin, or both, forgot they knew each other. So it seems a bit like we came into The Wizard Of Oz just after it had moved into colour, and now we've just found out that Erin isn't and never was the Tin Man. So conceivably here we're seeing the real events that inspired the dream - the former perhaps giving some insight into the latter. The problem with that is that it generally proves difficult to return to Oz.

However, we have already had the three futuristic guest pages (two of which are now in the past) apparently showing three different outcomes for the story. So alternative timelines already seem to be a thing. Potentially what we're seeing here is entirely consistent with g12, where presumably something never happened, and Adrian and Echo were together and Erin was happily living her dream. Or potentially this is something completely different. But hopefully the April Fool's joke was that that page wasn't an April Fool's joke. And that would be very SJI.

Yeah, but where's the fun in just saying things we're confident about?
LongPlay
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 03:13:15 pm »

I'm intrigued by the references to songs with "Chelsea" in the title - one of Joni Mitchell's in the last installment, and now Leonard Cohen. I can't see it leaves me any the wiser as to where this thread is going though...
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 03:54:59 am »

This is the way.

This is the Way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: