Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 07:25:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1215: ”Pet Names”  (Read 2345 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 24, 2022, 12:03:55 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 12:20:11 am »

Seriously, this is the best arc.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:49:52 am »

I'm kinda interested to know how we got here from Miriam being like "I'll be your sex slave just don't make me pregnant."

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 12:23:54 pm »

Maybe she was lying.  Maybe she doesn't see a contradiction between being Adrian's sex slave and taking his stuff - he never told her not to do that.  Maybe she's carrying out some programming implanted in her by another controller.

But in any case I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.  It's the biggest potential disruption to the status quo we've seen in quite some time.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 12:34:42 pm »

Maybe she was lying.  Maybe she doesn't see a contradiction between being Adrian's sex slave and taking his stuff - he never told her not to do that.  Maybe she's carrying out some programming implanted in her by another controller.

But in any case I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.  It's the biggest potential disruption to the status quo we've seen in quite some time.

Yeah there's a number of interesting answers to the question, I'm just wondering out loud.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 01:21:11 pm »

she's carrying out some programming implanted in her by another controller.

I struggle to grasp all of this but... She's Adrian's apparent half-sister. She was born on the same day as Adrian, apparently to a mother who on at least one occasion apparently had sex with Jakob on the same day that Adrian's apparent mother apparently had sex with him (albeit apparently years before they were born). And somehow the father who raised her ended up being Jakob's lawyer, giving Jakob access to her, which apparently he took advantage of, making sure no one (else) could "touch" her. And when some do-gooder freed her of all that programming, she started touching people and recruiting them.

I mean, in many, many ways it will be disappointing if this has nothing to do with Jakob.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 08:23:35 pm »

She's Adrian's apparent half-sister.

I'm pretty sure that Miriam is Patrick's daughter, based on the similarities between their touch-based control abilities.  But I'm less sure that Adrian is Patrick's son -- given what we saw in the 80's flashback, the idea that he's Jakob's son by Miel seems credible.  I would not be too surprised if it turned out that Erin was also Patrick's daughter by Melody, but that's a bit more of a stretch.

Perhaps Jakob somehow became aware of Patrick's powers and decided to keep an eye on his offspring?  The full tinfoil-hat theory would be that Jakob programmed Jacqui to marry Ezra specifically to make it easy for Jakob to monitor Miriam as she grew -- playing the extreme long game.
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 01:01:24 am »

Maybe she was lying.  Maybe she doesn't see a contradiction between being Adrian's sex slave and taking his stuff - he never told her not to do that. 

But she's not yet taking his stuff. There's no evidence yet she's usurped his control, she's just added herself between them and him. The most she's done is tell Danielle to keep him distracted, and even there, Danielle is only doing what she was already planning--being with Adrian--that night anyway. The question remains whether she was planning to do something like it (for whatever motive, either her own or due to another's influence on her) or if it's a side-effect of the increased libido caused by the perfume.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 11:53:00 am »

I would not be too surprised if it turned out that Erin was also Patrick's daughter by Melody, but that's a bit more of a stretch.

In some ways this is less of a stretch because Erin was born over a year before Adrian and Miriam were conceived. Her age is consistent with Melody falling pregnant less than six months after she first met Patrick.

For the timeline to work - leaving magic to one side - Jakob would have to have had sex with Miel, and Patrick would have to have had sex with Jacqui, almost two years after Erin was apparently conceived. That's certainly not impossible, obviously. We have a splash page showing Jacqui in what looks like it may be Patrick and Miel's place at Christmas 1988 (255), close to when Adrian and Miriam were apparently conceived. And Cloud Echo's memory showed us Miel (apparently) visiting the New York harem recently enough to be greeted by Dani (823) - which would have her still in contact with Jakob long after Adrian was born.

Regardless, my guess is that Jakob engineered whatever happened in order to get someone with Patrick's power on his team.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: