Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 05:37:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1191: “House Calls”  (Read 2211 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 11, 2022, 12:03:53 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 11:54:58 am »

I was reading this and wondering what was going to happen when Adrian walks in on all of this. Then I looked back and realized that we never actually saw Adrian leave Caitlyn & Hitomi. I also realized that the issue where he walks in on the two of them in their slave-girl best was titled "Delaying Tactic". I wonder how much of this situation has been orchestrated in advance.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 02:29:06 pm »

I wonder how much of this situation has been orchestrated in advance.

Well, 1158 tells us that Adrian decided to drop in on Caitlyn on the way home, possibly prompted by Caitlyn asking Jacqui to say hi to him from her. It would be hard to make a convincing argument that anyone made firm arrangements for Adrian to be where he is. Plus, we were pretty clearly given to understand that what is happening with the perfume is the result of a mistake by Laura in its manufacture.

I have been trying to figure out if someone could have engineered this (outside of the magical realm), but at this point I feel that what's happening has only been orchestrated in advance by the author. The only way I think it could have been done would be if these perfume samples were actually the ones that Kanti was supplied with in 1144, and what we saw happen with Laura when she was in communication with Kanti was actually just what she remembers happening after an actual meeting with Kanti. But I don't think that that's what's going on.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 03:26:25 pm »

There seem to be multiple agendas in collision here.  I think the "Delaying Tactic" was about Caitlyn and Hitomi keeping Adrian busy while Danielle was brainwashing students at the clinic.  Caitlyn roped her into that and I don't think Adrian knew.

That plot is not connected, as far as I can tell, with the boob growth or with whatever Miriam is doing.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 07:27:30 pm »

Those are good points. Who knows, this entire storyline might end up being self-contained (with the perfume and its effects wearing off and everyone kinda waking up the next day like "well, that was certainly something").
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 07:49:27 pm »

I could see the breast growth (and attendant sensitivity and possible openness to suggestion) wearing off or being fixed.  Miriam's brainwashing of Erin and Danielle seems like it should have longer-term ramifications.  Either she retains some control, which alters their character dynamics in one way, or her control is discovered, which alters character dynamics in another way.  I don't see how you return to the status quo ante after that.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 10:25:10 am »

There seem to be multiple agendas in collision here.  I think the "Delaying Tactic" was about Caitlyn and Hitomi keeping Adrian busy while Danielle was brainwashing students at the clinic.  Caitlyn roped her into that and I don't think Adrian knew.

That is what I was thinking when we got the Delaying Tactic title. And we have been given the impression, I think, that Dani's processing of Amaltheia is significant.

But on the other hand, having decided independently to stop off at Caitlyn's on his way home, Adrian's justification for staying was that Dani was running late anyway. And it appears that Dani was running late, although not late enough to miss her only appointment. That didn't appear to be a ruse (she didn't need to pretend to Amy). So if he'd just gone home, we've no reason to think that he would have questioned Dani turning up late. And after all, he has correctly assessed that Dani is probably home by now.

So the apparent deliberate delaying of Adrian doesn't appear to have been at all necessary from the point of view of the Doctor Dani plan, but it has become significant because of the emergence of the BE perfume. So I had pretty much come to the conclusion that they were simply delaying him for purely selfish reasons. After all, it seems as though everyone else who might do something about this is being delayed.

The unknown card here of course is Astrid. The whole Doctor Dani plan was her idea. Maybe she does know why Adrian needed to be delayed this evening.

I don't see how you return to the status quo ante after that.

I'm not a fan of the removing-every-thought-from-your-mind thing in the first place. But the most annoying thing about it is that it generally just gets miraculously reversed, which is understandable because where else do you go from there? But I'd generally rather we just didn't go there in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: