Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:37:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hidden Knowledge #24  (Read 9347 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 23, 2022, 12:03:52 am »

There's so much to know about running a bookstore…

Script: Daphne • Art and Lettering: PortalComic

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 12:18:37 pm »

This is The Empress. Looking forward to it!
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 12:50:18 am »

YES!! It's finally here!

I am so happy.  Grin

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
blackriver77
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

MCC Super Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 05:57:05 am »

Awesome  Grin

Yippee ki yay!
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 06:27:51 am »

Love the series, just wish I could still decrypt the commands. I coped with the symbolsand the various caesar ciphers but lost it at #21, recovered briefly at #22 and have now lost it again. It might be a simple cipher but I guess you need to at least know what sort it is.... (pause for theatrical sigh) Huh

GB
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 11:46:40 am »

Oh my. This one pushed a lot of buttons.

THK has always leaned harder than any other series here into power fantasy; Daffyd doesn't just want lots of sex, he wants territory. Something I think is undervalued across MC fiction. This issue is directly driving in that direction.

That also makes THK the most plot-dense of the MCC lines, which occasionally makes for an issue without much sex/MC. This issue, though, was sort of a pause in the direct plot to just have more fun with the sex/MC side of things. Which is basically the payoff for all the plot!

So yeah. This was good stuff right here.

(Also, prediction: the final issue of this series will have Daffyd as the Emperor on the cover.)
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 03:27:26 pm »

Ah, small thing, but I just noticed Bethany and Nikki don't seem to have their brands in page 9/12. Not a big deal... but the brands are hot. I like that he's marking his women.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 03:39:50 pm »

Daffyd doesn't just want lots of sex, he wants territory. Something I think is undervalued across MC fiction. This issue is directly driving in that direction.

'Everything Is About Sex Except Sex. Sex Is About Power' Oscar Wilde - maybe....

GB
lampone
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 01:05:21 pm »

No chance for a hint at the cypher used, right? It's been all greek to me since roughly #20. Come on, that translates to 5 years give or take Tongue

To my credit, I tried Vigenere cypher, Beaufort, Autoclave, Vernam, things I never knew existed, and it's all gibberish. Not like we haven't made an effort Tongue
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:07:42 pm by lampone » Logged
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 10:54:01 pm »

Yeah, I liked when I could read the 'magic words'.

(I miss those days)

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 11:30:56 pm »

Daffyd's skills have grown beyond our comprehension.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 01:10:48 pm »

No chance for a hint at the cypher used, right? It's been all greek to me since roughly #20. Come on, that translates to 5 years give or take Tongue

To my credit, I tried Vigenere cypher, Beaufort, Autoclave, Vernam, things I never knew existed, and it's all gibberish. Not like we haven't made an effort Tongue

So - any chance of a useful clue? Pretty please?

GB
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 11:54:30 am »

I don't guess this series will ever end, but if it did, it would be hilarious if it ended with Janice's husband murdering Daffyd in a jealous rage.  And who knows, maybe inheriting all of his slaves with the murder in some magical transformation property.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2023, 02:42:24 am »

So - any chance of a useful clue? Pretty please?

Would be nice lol

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: