Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:06:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Limitation on download frequency is too hampering  (Read 2880 times)
Luke345
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« on: April 15, 2021, 01:11:01 pm »

Dear Daphne.

I am writing this as an open letter in the hopes that it will spark useful discussion amongst the users of the site about how they would most like to concume and pay for content.  The letter may come off as harsh but they are intended in the spirit of constructive criticism.  I have great respect for you and the artists of this site. 

I am the sort of person who has little interest in serial media consumption.  I wait for the last episode of a season of TV, and then binge-watch the whole season in one go.  I'll walk into a comic book store and spend $1k once a year, but I won't even consider spending $20 every week even though it's the smae amount of money for the same content.   Similarly, I don't want to have to log in to mindcontrolcomics.com once a day, or even once a week, to download just one issue.  I want to download lots of issues once every few months and then enjoy them off-line and with a non-in-browser viewing experience. 

Content that is only available in-browser, or only available with an active web connection, might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned... certainly is  not worth PAYING for! 

This brings me to mindcontrolcomics.com... I download just one pdf, and I can't download a second pdf for a whole day!  I understand that you don't want the whole site to be downloadable all at once by someone willing to just pay for one month of the site.  It is possible for someone who is not illegally pirating or distributing your content to not want to interact with your site every single day, nor consume material on a serial basis! 

This download limit frankly damages the value proposition for the site, for me, to the point where rather than let my membership lapse once or twice a year, I will probably simply abandon it permanently when my current 3 month membership is up. 

I don't imagine for a minute that you will change this policy for MY SAKE... but you should understand that I'm what you might call a dedicated mind control erotica enthusiast... Off and on, I've been a member of this site for as long as it has existed; I've written stories on The Erotic Mind Control Story Archive: https://mcstories.com/Authors/Luke345.html ; I've published dozens of captioned mind control images on the Hypnopics Collective: https://hypnopics-collective.net/cpg132/index.php?cat=408 ; I've purchased hundreds of dollars of MC-Theater content over the years; hundreds of dollars of mind control content from authors on Smashwords and Yahoo books too.  So if this download cadence limitation is a deal-breaker for me who is smack-dab in the middle of your most enthusiastic fan demographic, there's a good chance that it is a deal breaker for other people whom you could be making money from as well.  I understand that this policy is probably part of some anti-piracy effort, and that piracy is no doubt damaging to your business, but you need to understand that this policy is damaging to your business too! 

I humbly suggest that you consider upping the limit of pdf downloads per day to something like 5. 

--Sincerely, Luke345
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 01:20:13 pm »

This is already being discussed elsewhere on the Forum. We are looking into it. The current download limit is not, in fact, one per day. There's apparently a bug that some people are encountering that prevents downloading more than one per day, and we're working on that.

I have to be completely honest, though: A model of "sign up for three months a year and do a site rip" is not a model that we feel strongly obligated to support.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:23:26 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Luke345
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 01:24:48 pm »

Not one a day?  I've only checked in about an 8 hour window, and not been allowed to download more than once in that time frame, but different days worked so I assumed it was just once a day.  Whatever the current limit is, it is so slow that it might as well be once a day.

(For what it is worth. I did search for other forum threads about this and couldn't find any... so they are not too visible).  Could you post a link to the main one here to help people find them?
Luke345
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 02:21:16 pm »

I have to be completely honest, though: A model of "sign up for three months a year and do a site rip" is not a model that we feel strongly obligated to support.

Well... you get to choose the pricing.  I'd be much happier paying for content on a purchase per issue basis as is done by mctheater or just normal print comics.  That way I could target my patronage to specific works and artists rather than a blanket to the genre.

--Mike
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 08:41:31 pm »

You've tripped over a bug, not a policy.
Luke345
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 12:44:52 pm »

You've tripped over a bug, not a policy.

At least for me, it seems to be fixed on my side.
Milkwood
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 03:09:00 am »

I too have experienced a download block but mine was a line through the download box and a message telling me I had exceeded my download allocation on the members bonus but it allowed me to download "Trigger Warning " which I thought was very strange, however, next time I was in the site everything was ok.

As to the person above who baulks at paying subscriptions every quarter I can only say I agree with Daphne it feels like he wants all the benefits of membership on the cheap, if everyone took this approach I doubt MCC would have lasted this long. It takes money to run this site and regular subscribers is how it survives and those who contribute the stories and artwork deserve to be compensated for their time and effort, after all we all have to live.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: