Mind Control Comics Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:08:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #956: “And Why Not?”  (Read 2841 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 28, 2020, 12:01:57 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 12:06:34 am »

Well, somebody has a strong opinion.
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:16:42 am »

Clever boy.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 12:43:43 am »

Clever boy.

Yup. He got the reaction he wanted. Now maybe he can use it to deprogram her...?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 01:53:07 am »

Clever boy.

Yup. He got the reaction he wanted.

More the one he was checking for, I'd think. Confirmation of suspicion, unless Danielle specifically told him something.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 12:28:15 pm »

It's at least as likely that Rain told him in 948.

I suppose this explains why he didn't call Marliese's phone in 939 too.

I've long assumed that Rain essentially sent Marliese into the SJI on the Night of the Watch. We know that Rain has a relationship with Marliese that we've no reason to believe she has with any of the other women (Jacqui possibly excepted). But I've no idea whether this page means Rain has been fooled by Marliese, or whether this is part of Rain's plan. I suppose Adrian avoiding her phone suggests he suspects she's working for Jakob? I dunno.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 05:01:33 pm »

Yeah, there is clearly something up with Marliese, but I still have no idea what it is.  If she's an agent, I'm not sure whose agent she might be... unless maybe Jakob programmed her in an attempt to get at Rain, who was playing one of those "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" games with her?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 05:07:00 pm »

I'm still confused as to why we don't know what Adrian talks with Rain about. The story always cuts away from those scenes. There's got to be a reason other than cheap suspense...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 05:49:09 am »

I'm still confused as to why we don't know what Adrian talks with Rain about. The story always cuts away from those scenes. There's got to be a reason other than cheap suspense...

I see it as a tease. And really this is just the way the story has been told - or not told - from the start.

I mean, possibly that's Rain's hand and arm in 20. The story could probably have got us well up to speed there and then if we'd seen the rest of that conversation. But Rain wasn't even introduced to us as a character until 101. Then, of course, there was the one-to-one in 121...

This is like a murder mystery story, only we don't even know who - if anyone - was murdered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: