Mind Control Comics Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:09:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #955: “L'Amour”  (Read 2949 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 25, 2020, 12:01:59 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 01:20:52 am »

Ok... but this wasn't foreshadowed and we have no idea how Adrian knows this. Weird.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:16:29 am »

It was foreshadowed, in the cloud and a bit elsewhere, but you're right about Adrian's knowledge.

Also, given that Jakob still has control hooks in Danielle, I have to wonder what else she might have done under their influence.  She doesn't seem to be a fully willing agent, however.  Perhaps Jakob didn't expect what Marliese did on the Night of the Watch, turning it back on Danielle.  If she's now serving two masters she might be at risk of a conflict like the one Erin went through in the Cloud.  Adrian seems to be trying to avoid triggering something like that.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 10:29:58 am »

Yeah, I mean I'd also worry about PC not being able to overcome the power of the watch... since the watch is supposed to be pretty powerful. I guess it can short-term, like with what happened to Caitlyn.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 01:49:52 pm »

Yeah, I mean I'd also worry about PC not being able to overcome the power of the watch... since the watch is supposed to be pretty powerful. I guess it can short-term, like with what happened to Caitlyn.

I'm wondering if Adrian's plan is to set a trap for Angela and use Pink Clouds to make Danielle unaware of it.  That would make it easier to lure Angela in to where she can be captured and Watched.  And it probably wouldn't risk conflicting with any orders Danielle might have received from Jakob, since Jakob wouldn't even know such a thing was happening.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 11:18:42 am »

This feels like a galactically stupid idea.  Particularly because he’ll need The Watch to erase Coates’ counterprogramming of Caitlyn to say nothing of combatting the archeologist and treating that couple’s sphere of influence.  It’s almost like he’s sure that hypnocock trick will work again.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 02:47:49 pm »

Adrian can only act on the basis of what he knows.  We have no evidence that he knows anything about what Astrid and Coates are up to, so why would we expect him to plan as though he did?  (Also, I don't think Adrian is actually planning to destroy the Watch.  I think he wants Marliese to think he is doing that, to provoke a reaction, which he gets.)
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 10:06:12 pm »

Adrian can only act on the basis of what he knows.  We have no evidence that he knows anything about what Astrid and Coates are up to, so why would we expect him to plan as though he did?  (Also, I don't think Adrian is actually planning to destroy the Watch.  I think he wants Marliese to think he is doing that, to provoke a reaction, which he gets.)

It's pretty obvious that was the intent. Otherwise, why the big dramatic presentation? If he was really intent on doing it, he'd have just had it done.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 01:51:09 am »

Adrian can only act on the basis of what he knows.  We have no evidence that he knows anything about what Astrid and Coates are up to, so why would we expect him to plan as though he did?

To be fair, Adrian seems to have picked up a lot of knowledge from his brief time amongst the dead. And he has Caitlyn waiting outside. Obviously we've no reason to think he knows about Astrid and every reason to hope it stays that way. But to be honest I wouldn't bet against anything now. It'll probably turn out that Astrid is Adrian's cousin and she has been working to strengthen his team all along.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: