Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:51:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #931: “All Thy Tears”  (Read 4892 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 06, 2020, 12:32:20 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 07:10:53 am »

The House always wins, huh?  If Claudia isn't in control, Jakob isn't there, and his brother is in transit somewhere else...um, do we have a new player?

Presumably, Adrian will be busy getting his own house in order by confronting Coates and Astrid next, so this will be allowed to simmer awhile.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:15:25 am by jmundt29 » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 09:38:01 am »

What possible reason does Adrian have for confronting Coates and Astrid?  As far as I can recall he has zero knowledge of what they're doing.  He's more likely to go home and start planning for the visit from his parents.

As for the events in the last two comics, maybe Angela's imminent arrival is the trigger?  We know she's working for Jakob.  Maybe the plan is for her to use a trigger on Danielle at the airport, recover the Watch, and take both to Claudia.  When Jakob gets back into town his reconstituted household is waiting for him.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 11:33:28 am »

As for the events in the last two comics, maybe Angela's imminent arrival is the trigger?  We know she's working for Jakob.  Maybe the plan is for her to use a trigger on Danielle at the airport, recover the Watch, and take both to Claudia.  When Jakob gets back into town his reconstituted household is waiting for him.

The trigger for Claudia seemed to be just presenting the leash to her and telling her "It's time."

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 02:24:55 pm »

What possible reason does Adrian have for confronting Coates and Astrid?  As far as I can recall he has zero knowledge of what they're doing.  He's more likely to go home and start planning for the visit from his parents.

What possible reason?  Members of his circle have been affected and will be gone.  It's the same principle that gets the crew into most of their confrontations.  This is immediate and closer.  It will take awhile for him to notice and then determine the source of the attack, but that seems to be what's coming next for the SJI crew in the immediate future.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 02:41:42 pm »

It was Dani who instigated Angela's coming to America. But... this did appear to be in response to the message that Jakob left for Dani on the answerphone at C&J Aviation (755). He said he was coming to Kearsarge soon - "She knows how to get in touch with me if she wishes."

Angela rang Jakob from the airport to let him know what was happening and he agreed that she should go, in order to avoid raising suspicion. She said she'd text him when she got there and he said, "Don't bother. I'll know."

And Dani did indeed ask Angela to pass a message on to Jakob in 842: "Say hello to him from his dead girl." It was only at this point, with Angela well into her flight, that Dani was revealing that she knew Angela was working for Jakob.

So it appears that Dani has drawn Angela into a trap in order to cut off Jakob's source of inside information. But then Jakob will just know when Angela has arrived, so he doesn't appear to be entirely reliant on her. And Zenon did suggest that Dani has been Jakob's girl all along. So who knows what she's going to do with that watch?

It seems to me that there are echoes in what's happening with Claudia of Kanti's initial experiences in The Cloud. And perhaps there are echoes of those "moments" that happened around 850 too.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 05:58:18 pm »

What possible reason?  Members of his circle have been affected and will be gone.

We, the readers, know that.  Adrian does not.  Until he does, he has no reason to take action.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 06:01:24 pm »

So it appears that Dani has drawn Angela into a trap in order to cut off Jakob's source of inside information. But then Jakob will just know when Angela has arrived, so he doesn't appear to be entirely reliant on her. And Zenon did suggest that Dani has been Jakob's girl all along. So who knows what she's going to do with that watch?

I think Danielle is consciously trying to draw Angela into a trap, and is planning to use the Watch on her.  But there may be a gap between what she is consciously trying to do and what she has been programmed to do, or she may have been given triggers that her intended victim can exploit to protect herself.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 08:18:16 am »

I'm struggling to understand what can be achieved in the battle against Jakob by taking Angela. The one advantage it could have brought would appear to have been totally negated by Dani telling both Angela and Jakob that she's waiting at the airport.

What is Angela to Jakob? I suppose the most significant thing we know about her is her placement with Johannes. Why did Jakob need this insider if Johannes really believed he was dead? Was Angela really there for the moment that Johannes found out that Jakob wasn't dead? In other words, was she there for that time when Dani would wake up - this time, in fact? Or was she there because Johannes never did believe that Jakob was dead?

The way Dani has arranged things, Jakob knows more about what's happening with Angela right now than Johannes does. I'm not sure what that tells us.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 10:14:52 am »

My theory is that she's trying to make him angry.  Angry people make mistakes.  Taking Angela makes him angry because Jakob is the kind of guy who hates it when other people touch his stuff.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 02:38:07 am »

Making him similar to two of his favorite victims.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: