Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:38:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #928: “Land of the Living”  (Read 4183 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 24, 2020, 08:41:04 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 01:10:13 am »

I do not like the way Erin's eye look.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:12:07 am »

Narrator: "She wasn't fine."
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 01:20:35 am »

This ^

Also, if not for the sound effects, I might take that to be a suuuuper painful re-entry into the land of the living. The last bit of unreality clinging to them cushioned their landing, no doubt.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:13:59 am »

This ^

Also, if not for the sound effects, I might take that to be a suuuuper painful re-entry into the land of the living. The last bit of unreality clinging to them cushioned their landing, no doubt.

Sometimes SJI exaggerates stuff like this for comedic effect. Dani's accident gave her road rash (in addition to horrible injuries); this is just tumbling ass over teakettle.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 12:23:34 pm »

I was seeing the top panel as SJI's tribute to the Abbey Road cover. If you look closely you'll notice that Adrian's feet are bare.

I do not like the way Erin's eye look.

I wasn't sure if maybe it's the remnants of the "two watches" look when Adrian asserted his control. She certainly looks less freaky than she did in 923.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 01:45:46 pm »

Erin's normal eye color is green.  When Adrian asserted control in #923 her eyes went solid green, no pupils.  Her eyes here are more golden, which does look like the Watch.  Given how Daphne has been using eye images ro symbolize control I have to interpret this as a hint that someone or something still has hooks in her mind.

I'm just not sure who.

On an unrelated topic, I'd be interested in why Mallory thought they were in Jakob's mind while in the cloud.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 04:27:26 pm »

When one eye was watch and the other was tendril, the watch eye looked a little like this. When Adrian asserted control both eyes were briefly watch. I think the freaky green eyes implied Erin was doing what Erin knew she had to do.

Obviously we can't know what the current eyes signify, but it seems possible to me that they simply represent Erin being happy to be under Adrian's control. I don't think they necessarily indicate that there's something wrong. But they may do. There's still the question of what Erin took from Cherry in 847.

On an unrelated topic, I'd be interested in why Mallory thought they were in Jakob's mind while in the cloud.

More than that, she said they were in his skull. I have a feeling we're not going to get an explanation of the nature of The Cloud that will stand up to scientific scrutiny. My take on it is that The Cloud had some connection to Cherry's mind (through the monster she unleashed). So Jakob's influence on her mind was also present in The Cloud.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 06:00:35 pm »

When one eye was watch and the other was tendril, the watch eye looked a little like this. When Adrian asserted control both eyes were briefly watch. I think the freaky green eyes implied Erin was doing what Erin knew she had to do.

Obviously we can't know what the current eyes signify, but it seems possible to me that they simply represent Erin being happy to be under Adrian's control. I don't think they necessarily indicate that there's something wrong. But they may do. There's still the question of what Erin took from Cherry in 847.

More than that, she said they were in his skull. I have a feeling we're not going to get an explanation of the nature of The Cloud that will stand up to scientific scrutiny. My take on it is that The Cloud had some connection to Cherry's mind (through the monster she unleashed). So Jakob's influence on her mind was also present in The Cloud.
second that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: