Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 01:28:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #876: “Time's Favorite Friend”  (Read 7193 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 16, 2019, 12:01:40 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 04:02:21 am »

Go back to the Tower of London immediately or There Will Be Consequences!

GB
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 06:15:40 pm »

never  more never more Raven
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 12:18:36 am »

I could make a certain Star Wars joke right about now, but I’m trying not to think about that series at all in the hope that I’ll be at least mildly delighted in December.

More to the point, I was holding off on Adrian being dead dead, as Zenon might just be blowing (pink) smoke up Erin’s very shapely ass. Not entering into my calculations was the fact that there is a literal personification of Death standing by outside, very explicitly waiting for their moment. So here is said moment it seems, and what happens next, well, if our raven fellowed friend were being truly honest, is up to Daphne. ^^
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 04:48:13 am »

Adrian vanishing for a couple hundred pages and then returning MUCH later to a Universe that has moved on would have been my (sinister) wish.

But, then, I've figured out what rubs me wrong about the guy: he's Jack Dawson from Titanic.

Arrives on the scene. Thumbs his nose at the powerful. Is swept up into events beyond his control (but he somehow knows just what to do). Disrupts the best-laid plans of one-dimensional "villains". Gets the girl(s).

And I want him to sink into the icy waters of the North Atlantic just as much. Smiley

He's such an endearing, perfect character (even when he fails it's with jaunty pluck) that he fits in my imagination as the guy who loses the girl(s) in a Mind Control world. A co-victim like Rob in Unicode Smith's Anonymous Caller.

Wishes aside, there was no question he'd return. It was just a matter of when and how.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:36:26 am »

Adrian vanishing for a couple hundred pages and then returning MUCH later

At the current rate a couple of hundred pages would be the next day at the latest. I think they should leave him for at least a week, just to make sure he is dead. If he were to come back at some random point though, I vote he appear sporting a monocle and a top hat for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 10:36:56 am »

Adrian is revenge.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 10:43:46 am »

Adrian is revenge.

A dish best served cold?
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 01:38:50 pm »

Adrian is revenge.

A dish best served cold?

It is very cold... in spaaaace.

To switch sci-fi Universes... Daphne is as cryptic as a Vorlon.

macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 01:55:52 pm »

To switch sci-fi Universes... Daphne is as cryptic as a Vorlon.

You mean the entire SJI plot has been available at the offices at Alpha Centauri for the last decade?

GB
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 04:50:16 pm »

he's Jack Dawson from Titanic.

Closer than you might think.

Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 08:52:15 pm »

he's Jack Dawson from Titanic.

Closer than you might think.

He's the guy from Titanic who falls off the stern and hits the prop on the way down? That makes me laugh every time I see it.

Oh, wait, he's the distaff counterpart to Rose! Hogging the floating debris all to herself. No, wait...
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 09:30:02 pm »

You mean the entire SJI plot has been available at the offices at Alpha Centauri for the last decade?

Those are Vogons.  They're not cryptic, just bad poets.
jonfrmbklyn
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 12:40:28 am »

It’s Loa and Order: Slain by Vik Unit.
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 04:54:23 am »

Those are Vogons.  They're not cryptic, just bad poets.

I wish I had the chops to continue this Universe-hopping wordplay. Dolphins... no. Night Watch... no. Cylons... no. Entymolgy... no.

As for Adrian... I wonder HOW close, then. And in which metaphorical way. Rhetorically.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: