Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 01:37:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #873: “Secret Knots”  (Read 5090 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 05, 2019, 12:01:42 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 12:14:35 am »

In which Zenon pulls an Aizen. Or something like that.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 01:02:16 am »

Is Zenon deliberately making himself look more like Adrian as this page progresses?
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 04:35:47 am »

Is Zenon deliberately making himself look more like Adrian as this page progresses?

I definitely think so. Cheekbones, hair, etc.
Good catch!
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 06:59:43 am »

Zenon make him look like Adrian, So Erin like or Love him.
second think that Adrian and Zenon swap body
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 08:05:25 am »

Superior Spider-Man homage incoming?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 09:10:08 am »

Zenon also asks a very good question about Danielle.  What we know about her past is murky and inconsistent.  I've long suspected that her upcoming face off with Jakob at the airport will end with him breaking out a trigger phrase and revealing that she's been his unknowing slave all along.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 11:52:51 am »

Zenon also asks a very good question about Danielle.

It isn't clear from words written on a page what he's actually saying here. Is the question entirely separate from what came before it? He could be saying that Danielle is working for Cherry. Or he could (just possibly) be saying that Danielle is working for him. Or he could be starting a wholly separate line of seed-of-doubt-sowing by suggesting that Danielle is working for someone else. My first take was the first of these.

I suppose this takes us back to the following question, which relates to the last panel of 365:

Going back to the previous episode, when Dani says (by extension) that she too tries to make her boss's life pleasant, are we sure we know which boss she means?

On that occasion Dani used the pendant on Einfríður, but she went on to use it on Erin (it appeared) and then Miriam. Barely 20 pages later, Adrian had sex with Miriam, and quite a lot flows from there.

her upcoming face off with Jakob at the airport

Is Jakob coming to that? I thought it was just Angela, though I suspect she'll have some similar tricks up her sleeve.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 07:58:49 pm »

It isn't clear from words written on a page what he's actually saying here. Is the question entirely separate from what came before it?

I took it as following directly from what he was saying before, i.e. "I learned a lot from Cherry, such as that Danielle is not an independent agent."

Is Jakob coming to [the airport]? I thought it was just Angela, though I suspect she'll have some similar tricks up her sleeve.

Jakob has indicated he's coming to Kearsage (#755), but Angela looks to be showing up sooner.

A different question: what happened to Aiken's beard in the last panel?  I mean, I'm not sorry to see it gone, but this really doesn't seem like the right time for him to be shaving.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 01:33:51 am »

"I learned a lot from Cherry, such as that Danielle is not an independent agent."

I suppose my point is illustrated by the fact that in order to make it clear what you took it to mean, you inserted the 'such as'. If the final speech bubble had started "For example," then it would be clear that he meant that. I think that the problem (and maybe it's only a problem for me) is that "Who do you think...?" is a commonly-used verbal formulation where the answer is usually implicitly the speaker or the subject of the previous sentence. If it's taken that way in this context then the answer would have to be Cherry or Zenon. Without being able to hear his inflection, I can't tell what he means.

what happened to Aiken's beard in the last panel?

Maybe the beard was Danielle's secret employer, and it figured that the game was up and scarpered. Or maybe Aiken's jaw can drop so fast sometimes that his beard falls off.

I suppose an alternative way of looking at it is: where's Aiken in the first panel? Maybe when he rematerializes, the beard is the last thing to come back.

The beard disappeared before though when Cherry was taking Erin and Aiken back to the good old days and suggesting that the three of them could live there Together Forever (802-ish; cue alternative Rickroll). Erin took all that who-knows-what? from Cherry a mere 45 pages later by looking very deeply into her eyes. So I'm not sure if at this point Erin has all of Cherry's knowledge, or all of Cherry's powers, or all of Cherry's evilness. It does seem clear that someone is changing Zenon's appearance here (most likely Zenon); maybe they figured they might as well do Aiken a favour while they were at it?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 06:26:15 am »

With Aiken's beard disappearing and Zenon face change may show us that something new is coming.  

check on Adrian's mother last name and Jewish blood in Adrian something think about.  

Did change Her look too.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:42:54 am by laguna85 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: